• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle council prez wants to tax guns, ammo

OC for ME

King County Superior Court Judge Palmer Robinson dismissed arguments that Seattle's tax, adopted last summer, exceeded the city's authority under state law.
Consumers must not contribute to this infringement for the sake of mere convenience.

Bill45

This is the way the "conservative" members of the U.S. supreme court got around the "penalty" for not getting Obamacare, by calling it a "Tax". So now the antiguners are finding this may work to make it more difficult to sell guns and ammo.
It can be argued that a tax does not regulate the sale of a firearm or ammunition ( I disagree) and any city or county is able to raise taxes as they see fit.
If this action by Seattle makes it to the state supreme court and is found legal then look forward to similar taxes in every anti gun city and county in the state. They all are, if nothing else, looking to raise revenue.

This hurts the poor more than anyone. Which is the history of gun control. "We gotta keep them peasants away from getting weapons"

Buy ammo on line while you still can.

Last edited:

Dave Workman

Seattle gun shop will move; is that what city is really after?

The owner of a Seattle gun store, and one of the plaintiffs in a lawsuit challenging the city’s so-called “gun violence tax,” has announced that as of Jan. 1, sales of firearms and ammunition at the business, located on Aurora Avenue, will cease as a result of yesterday’s ruling by a King County Superior Court judge upholding the tax.

http://www.examiner.com/article/seattle-gun-shop-will-move-is-that-what-city-is-really-after

http://www.examiner.com/article/judge-upholds-seattle-gun-violence-tax-saf-vows-to-appeal

Last edited by a moderator:

Freedom1Man

Preemption, would cover new taxes. Second amendment would prohibit any tax in the first place. The the state constitution
SECTION 3 PERSONAL RIGHTS. No person shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.
(except incases of child support and alleged DV).

[QUOTE ] SECTION 24 RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. The right of the individual citizen to bear arms in defense of himself, or the state, shall not be impaired, but nothing in this section shall be construed as authorizing individuals or corporations to organize, maintain or employ an armed body of men. [/QUOTE]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave Workman

I believe Dave has this nailed. It was my opine from the start. All guns and gun stuff must be driven from the lovely streets of seattle. It will NOT change any type of crime in king county. Who will they blame it on now?

They'll still blame gun owners, SAF, the NRA...Seattle's libtard lemmings will suck that up because they don't know any better.

noname762

I believe Dave has this nailed. It was my opine from the start. All guns and gun stuff must be driven from the lovely streets of Seattle. It will NOT change any type of crime in king county. Who will they blame it on now?

Well I hope the gun shop on Aurora where I got the bodacious deal on 22 Stinger (13 cents a round) doesn't move. Unless they move north of 145th that is. That's why when I'm down that way Lynnwood Guns and Ammo is one of my haunts. I was just there over Christmas and saw American Eagle 22 in full bricks. It was the 1st time I'd seen AE ammo since 2010.

Last edited by a moderator: