• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle Hempfest

amzbrady

Just curious as to why its stupid?
In many states you can legally carry in bars and restaurants that serve alcohol.
I dont drink or smoke weed, but if I had a choice I rather be surrounded by stoners with guns than drunks with guns.

I would rather not be surrounded by any mind altered idiots. I would rather stay away from a bunch of stoners, most of which cant formulate a complete thought, and if they can give them a little more time to waste their 10%, and I also stay out of the upholstered sewers that serve the depressant called alcohol.

God I knew I was sounding like BigDave when I voiced my opinion on this subject. USMCbess, back to primary school for some reading comprehension. I never told anyone what to do, I merely voiced an 'opinion.' Missouri, right? Here's another opinion: stay there. ;) Have a Merry Christmas too :D

And if you feel up to it, try to articulate how open carrying at hempfest helps anyone. You might not like my opinions, but at least I man up and explain my reasoning.

Coming from the midwest, I can relate to his skewed thinking, after moving here people thought I was pretty retarded too. I have tried hard to acclimate myself to normalicy, but every now and then the midwest in me comes out and I puke something ignorant on the forum here. I agree with Dave, stay in Misery and maybe go noodling, it would be more benificial to everyone.

Sorry for misinterpreting your intentions. I had you pegged as one of those high and mightys that I have come accross in the OC forums that have decided they are the standard for OC. Once again I apologise for assuming.

Just let your membership dues lapse and stop signing on, it's an easy fix to not be a part of something so great. In fact it is easier to stop being a part of this, then it is to tear down what so many have worked so hard on ensuring we keep a right that everyone can enjoy.

bmg50cal

I would rather not be surrounded by any mind altered idiots. I would rather stay away from a bunch of stoners, most of which cant formulate a complete thought, and if they can give them a little more time to waste their 10%, and I also stay out of the upholstered sewers that serve the depressant called alcohol.

What about all those who are on legal mind altering prescription drugs, including those ones that say, "do not operate machinery or vehicle;" how many actually heed those "warnings?"

Jayd1981

Come on Mike, that's a little judgemental there. If someone wants to safely use a mind altering substance, who are we to tell them thats wrong. I don't mind relaxing with a beer occasionally, some of them are even good (granted most are not in my oppinion). But it should be individual choice on what each one of use chooses to consume or not.

Last edited:

amlevin

Come on Mike, that's a little judgemental there. If someone wants to safely use a mind altering substance, who are we to tell them thats wrong. I don't mind relaxing with a beer occasionally, some of them are even good (granted most are not in my oppinion). But it should be individual choice on what each one of use chooses to consume or not.

I couldn't agree with you more. As long as those who want to "safely use" these substances stayed home and just flopped out on the couch. For some reason, all too many of these who think they are "safely using" get into their car and go looking for friends or fun. Some also decide this is a good time to see how many times they can load and unload a firearm, dry firing it along the way while showing off to their other friends who are likewise "safely using".

Unfortunately this "safe use" all too often ends up with a fatal car accident with usually the unsuspecting other drivers and passengers being the victims. This "safe use" also ends up with a shot fired from one of those "empty" weapons that at the very best just shoots a hole in the neighbor's apartment wall and at the worst in a young child's head.

Just remember, "mind altering" usually involves the part of the "mind" that controls one's common sense.

Maybe it's time for places like the old Opium Den's of the Orient. A place where you check in, use the crap out of any mind altering substance you want, but you don't get let out until you're capable of using all your "mind" again. There are enough "half wits" out there that don't use drugs, we don't need more.

Last edited:

Mark Whatsitworthtou

For some reason I recall being searched about 10 years ago going to hemp fest. It may of just been a overlook to see what was on my persons hmmm not sure those days are a little cloudy. =) :shocker:

Seattle Hempfest

Hey trevorthebusdriver. Long time no see. Did you eventually come back and brave the lines? Sorry I had to turn you away. You heard my lawyer though. Made me wonder if "**** that" was a legal term.

sudden valley gunner

Is there a calendar of events? You won't shoot, will you?

Well we try to meet here in Whatcom every Sunday at 10 am Bakerview Starbucks Bellingham, there are regular meets in the South Sound area too. But we are always looking for an excuse to socialize, I bet we could have one out of the blue if you wanted to go.

And no we won't shoot unless you want to go to a range or to a safe area and shoot some paper targets.

For the record I am behind what you guys in the Hemp crowd are doing. The more liberty we can get from all angles the better.

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
East Sound meets the first Saturday of the month
South Sound meets the second Saturday of the month
North meets every Sunday

dadada

Seattle Hempfest,

Can you share how the city dictates their restrictions on firearms? Do they give you a list of no-no's and indicate that you've got to agree to refuse entry to anyone with the no-no's, and if you don't they will not give you a lease? are there any no-no's other than firearms? Are there any punitive damages if you agree to refuse entry but end up letting them in, or will they just refuse to lease to you the next year?

Seattle Hempfest

Seattle Hempfest,

Can you share how the city dictates their restrictions on firearms? Do they give you a list of no-no's and indicate that you've got to agree to refuse entry to anyone with the no-no's, and if you don't they will not give you a lease? are there any no-no's other than firearms? Are there any punitive damages if you agree to refuse entry but end up letting them in, or will they just refuse to lease to you the next year?

Permitting the largest cannabis rally in the world can be a very political process. There are lots of city stakeholders. You need to be building support with the various agencies if you want cooperation. Some stances will tend to alienate stakeholders (including attendees). Our bottom line mission is to ensure that we have an event and that it is safe. Straying too far outside comfort zones in asks can risk that mission.

I guarantee if we allowed OC it would come up in the after action and not in a "that was cool!" way. The city has its list but it is not written. You are just supposed to know it. Our insurance is more clear; if we dropped our "no weapons" policy we could get insurance but the rate would be so high as to be unattainable. Insurance is a must have with the city.

dadada

Permitting the largest cannabis rally in the world can be a very political process. There are lots of city stakeholders. You need to be building support with the various agencies if you want cooperation. Some stances will tend to alienate stakeholders (including attendees). Our bottom line mission is to ensure that we have an event and that it is safe. Straying too far outside comfort zones in asks can risk that mission.

I guarantee if we allowed OC it would come up in the after action and not in a "that was cool!" way. The city has its list but it is not written. You are just supposed to know it. Our insurance is more clear; if we dropped our "no weapons" policy we could get insurance but the rate would be so high as to be unattainable. Insurance is a must have with the city.

Thanks for the reply. I was always curious, with your event and others, if they would put anything in writing or just make it known. I'm sure they avoid putting it into writing to give them plausable deniability so that they can claim it was your idea and avoid running into a conflict with pre-emption. I completely understand the insurance side of it.

Elimsitna

If hempfest is a open to the public, free gathering, how can it ban a legal action? Posting "No Weapons (RCW 9.41.300)" makes sense from an insurance point of view, but I'm sure they mean illegal weapons (just like the light-rail signs).
I would be curious of the wording on your insurance and city papers that make you feel you should deny another adult their rights while fighting for your own ;)

Metalhead47

If hempfest is a open to the public, free gathering, how can it ban a legal action? Posting "No Weapons (RCW 9.41.300)" makes sense from an insurance point of view, but I'm sure they mean illegal weapons (just like the light-rail signs).
I would be curious of the wording on your insurance and city papers that make you feel you should deny another adult their rights while fighting for your own ;)

They're leasing the grounds, so it falls under the private property "rule.". You'll be asked to leave & trespasses if you refuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbone

They're leasing the grounds, so it falls under the private property "rule.". You'll be asked to leave & trespasses if you refuse.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That say's it all!

Why the hell would anyone want to go to this event, if in fact they’ll restrict the carry of firearms; the legal carry, while they do whatever it is they do, and is illegal. WTF... Ask the hypocrites running the show why they’re right to conduct illegal activity trumps other's legal right to self defense.

Metalhead47

That say's it all!

Why the hell would anyone want to go to this event, if in fact they’ll restrict the carry of firearms; the legal carry, while they do whatever it is they do, and is illegal. WTF... Ask the hypocrites running the show why they’re right to conduct illegal activity trumps other's legal right to self defense.

Because the city is in fact forcing them to adopt the no firearms rule, but of course they're doing it off paper and under the table so they can deny it.

jbone

Because the city is in fact forcing them to adopt the no firearms rule, but of course they're doing it off paper and under the table so they can deny it.

So the organizers of a Hempfest in order to glorify, smoke, sell, bring awareness to their cause, of which is an illegal substance; illicit drug are happily and voluntarily restricting a lawful right of carry, a right that is inked into the U.S and State Constitution!

I'm amazed more here aren't pissed off. Many here lose their minds when a COP illegally disarms a lawful citizen, or because this store or that store has a policy, or the park their city has a sign....for so many reasons...and yet the voices are silent on Hempfest restricting the lawful right to bear arms.

Pretty hypocritical I say, another reason why it's so easy not to support legalization at this point, the POT community is not honest. And as the Seattle Hempfest poster has sugar coated, they are not respectful others lawful rights, it gets in the way of their illegal activity.

Sounds, looks and smells just like the Illegal Aliens, or Occupy nuts, restricting and abusing us for their gain.

Metalhead47

So the organizers of a Hempfest in order to glorify, smoke, sell, bring awareness to their cause, of which is an illegal substance; illicit drug are happily and voluntarily restricting a lawful right of carry, a right that is inked into the U.S and State Constitution!

I'm amazed more here aren't pissed off. Many here lose their minds when a COP illegally disarms a lawful citizen, or because this store or that store has a policy, or the park their city has a sign....for so many reasons...and yet the voices are silent on Hempfest restricting the lawful right to bear arms.

Pretty hypocritical I say, another reason why it's so easy not to support legalization at this point, the POT community is not honest. And as the Seattle Hempfest poster has sugar coated, they are not respectful others lawful rights, it gets in the way of their illegal activity.

Sounds, looks and smells just like the Illegal Aliens, or Occupy nuts, restricting and abusing us for their gain.

It's called politics bro. It may suck but it's the sorry state of reality. The pro-legalization crowd needs hempfest to bring awareness to their cause, which is the legalization of possessing a silly plant. And they need to acquiesce to the city's demands on a subject they are NOT actually involved with in order to have hempfest. It's like some group who wants to have a gun show on city property but can't sell alcohol in order to get the permit or whatever.

For some reason, you're blaming hempfest, while the rest of us are blaming the city...

Vitaeus

Based on teh replies from hempfest, they are limiting firearms at the order of either the city or a private organization. Yes, they are choosing to bow to the other organization, but their other choice is to NOT have their event. They are making the choice to promote their chosen agenda within the restrictions of current politics. Don't blame the messenger for the mixed message, blame the organizations forcing the second message.