• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Security guard duty belt setup

tattedupboy

imported post

Those of you out there who are security guards or police officers might be best able to help me out on this one. I work as an armed security guard and currently have the following items set up from right to leftin this order on my duty belt: OC pepper spray, keeper, gun (a compact 9mm Hi Point C-9), 21-inch asp, keeper, pocket knife, handcuffs, keeper, flashlight, double mag pouch, another keeper, and my cell phone. My belt is almost full, but I still want to add a stun gun, which I orderedyesterday and should arrive in the mail later this week. Can anyone tell me the most economical and feasible to arrange these items on my belt? BTW, I'm also thinking of taking the asp and puttingit on a swivel holder.Any suggestions?

ProguninTN

imported post

I'm not sure what type of belt you use, Sam Browne (leather) or Ballistic Nylon. I use the latter in my security job. On those belts, there is a velcro part near the buckle for fit adjustment. Due to the velcro, large objects placed too near the buckle interfere with the velcro holding together. As such, I tend to place smaller pieces of equipment closer to the buckle.

Is it possible you could place the knife near your buckle, then move your other items (ie. handcuffs and baton) closer to the keepers, while pulling your cell phone back for the stun device ? (I know of some LE Agencies that carry their stun devices in a cross-draw position). Also, you didn't mention it, but do you just have a cell phone, or do you have to carry a radio too ? (I have to carry both, so it aggravates the weight and equipment positioning problems.)

ProguninTN

molonlabetn

imported post

I know that this is off-topic for your question, but I am curious about your choice of a Hi-Point C-9 as your sidearm... What led to that decision, or is that what you are 'issued'?

Not criticizing, just wondering...

molonlabetn

norahc

imported post

tattedupboy wrote:
Those of you out there who are security guards or police officers might be best able to help me out on this one. I work as an armed security guard and currently have the following items set up from right to leftin this order on my duty belt: OC pepper spray, keeper, gun (a compact 9mm Hi Point C-9), 21-inch asp, keeper, pocket knife, handcuffs, keeper, flashlight, double mag pouch, another keeper, and my cell phone. My belt is almost full, but I still want to add a stun gun, which I orderedyesterday and should arrive in the mail later this week. Can anyone tell me the most economical and feasible to arrange these items on my belt? BTW, I'm also thinking of taking the asp and puttingit on a swivel holder.Any suggestions?
I may be wrong on this, but it looks like all of your weapons are on your strong side. When I worked security, my OC was always on my support hand side so that I would have at least one weapon I could get to with either hand. Also, depending upon the size and style of your cell phone, you may be able to put it in your pocket or hang it on your epaluts (sp?).