• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senate passes Constitutional Carry

77zach

Getting 2-3 more constitutional carry states this year would be nice. It will boost the cause. I'm worried the overwhelming support means they know it won't pass the house or get the governor's signature.

mdak06

The WV governor had signed pro-gun bills before, and the WV House is almost 2/3 GOP. Heck in the Senate all 18 GOP and 14/16 Dems voted for it.

I think WV has as good a shot as anyone this year. I think Kansas has the next best chance. Not sure after that.

mdak06

New Hampshire has been trying for years only to hit snags.
I would love to see half of New England as constitutional carry. Hopefully the folks in NH will succeed soon.

I know that Maine just reintroduced their constitutional carry bill the other day with lots of cosponsors.

The more the merrier.

twoskinsonemanns

Seeing our cops speaking out speaking out against this bill so fervently makes my very angry.

press1280

Seeing our cops speaking out speaking out against this bill so fervently makes my very angry.

Not to mention those cops probably broke the law by being there. They always bring up the same stuff over and over again-pure speculation. Yet no mention of how the current constitutional states have gone to hell in a handbasket as a result of their laws.

Elkad

It just passed out of the House Committee as well.

Unfortunately, amended to persons over 21 only.

On to the full House.

So, as amended
18 to OC
21 to CC (with or without a permit)

twoskinsonemanns

Rooting for you from Virginia. Good luck!

Thanks!
The bill survived a 2nd reading tonight. Lots of amendments proposed aimed at killing the whole thing.
Even one of the so-called 2A supporters (House Republican Majority Leader Daryl Cowles) turned traitor and tried to get it killed.
But it survived! A couple more hurdles but it's looking promising.

twoskinsonemanns

Is this just posturing while there is a Democrat governor? He was considering vetoing preemption last year, right?

No one expects him to. He's expected to ignore it and let the 10 days run out until it becomes law.
I think it would be political suicide to veto it.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thanks!
The bill survived a 2nd reading tonight. Lots of amendments proposed aimed at killing the whole thing.
Even one of the so-called 2A supporters (House Republican Majority Leader Daryl Cowles) turned traitor and tried to get it killed.

As you know, I have a firm policy of not meddling in another states politics but I have nothing but respect and admiration for the effort you all have put into this.

Arma1911

Thanks!

Count me in as one of the many rooting for you all. I live in Va., but I plan to have a cabin in the beautiful mountains of WV in my lifetime. When should we expect to know definitively if constitutional carry will pass or not? What are the hurdles that remain that you mentioned?

Thanks for keeping us informed.

press1280

Count me in as one of the many rooting for you all. I live in Va., but I plan to have a cabin in the beautiful mountains of WV in my lifetime. When should we expect to know definitively if constitutional carry will pass or not? What are the hurdles that remain that you mentioned?

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Should be 2 weeks. Session ends Saturday, so it has to be on his desk by then. Right now it goes back to the Senate to approve the changes (21 and over), which should be a slam dunk.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Keep it up and we may take you back as part of Ol' Virginia :p

What a winning combination that would be!