• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Senator Wanggaard, Committee Chair on AB-237

wild boar

Again thank you for your patience in waiting for an answer to your concerns. You had asked what being a former police officer had to do with this issue. Well, Senator Wanggaard takes anything to do with law enforcement seriously, and it is personal because of his background. As passionate as you were against this bill, the Senator is just as passionate when comes to a law enforcement issue. Senator Wanggaard signed onto AB 237 because he believed there was a flaw in the way already written laws were unenforceable.

AB 237 was debated in the Assembly and passed out of committee with both the Democrats and Republicans on that committee voting for it. It passed out of committee on a 9-0 vote. So, this bill had bipartisan support, and as you probably know, in this political environment that is becoming more and more difficult.

By Senator Wanggaard signing onto this bill it allowed us to debate the issue with other Legislators and with the Senator's constituents. After listening to other Legislators, and the Senator's constituents, Senator Wanggaard has elected not to bring AB 237 forward in the Senate, essentially stopping it.

If you have any other concerns on this, or any other issue, feel free to contact our office.

Douglas Koykkari
District Director/Legislative Assistant
608-266-1832

Senator Van Wanggaard
Wisconsin State Senator
21st Senate District-Serving Racine County

I HOPE THIS IS ALL WE SEE OF THIS ONE, ANOTHER VICTORY!!!boar out

bmwguy11

For reference, this was the bill that allowed officers to arrest for civil forfeitures. AKA the bill brookfield said would have prevented them from getting sued by Krysta when she was arrested wrongfully for open carry at a church and subjected to unlawful search/seizure without RAS after they did a felony stop.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/ab237

BROKENSPROKET

Again thank you for your patience in waiting for an answer to your concerns. You had asked what being a former police officer had to do with this issue. Well, Senator Wanggaard takes anything to do with law enforcement seriously, and it is personal because of his background. As passionate as you were against this bill, the Senator is just as passionate when comes to a law enforcement issue. Senator Wanggaard signed onto AB 237 because he believed there was a flaw in the way already written laws were unenforceable.

AB 237 was debated in the Assembly and passed out of committee with both the Democrats and Republicans on that committee voting for it. It passed out of committee on a 9-0 vote. So, this bill had bipartisan support, and as you probably know, in this political environment that is becoming more and more difficult.

By Senator Wanggaard signing onto this bill it allowed us to debate the issue with other Legislators and with the Senator's constituents. After listening to other Legislators, and the Senator's constituents, Senator Wanggaard has elected not to bring AB 237 forward in the Senate, essentially stopping it.

If you have any other concerns on this, or any other issue, feel free to contact our office.

Douglas Koykkari
District Director/Legislative Assistant
608-266-1832

Senator Van Wanggaard
Wisconsin State Senator
21st Senate District-Serving Racine County

I HOPE THIS IS ALL WE SEE OF THIS ONE, ANOTHER VICTORY!!!boar out

Boar, can you forward this email to me. I would like a address a few of the points above with this gentleman. I want Sen. to with draw his name from the bill, because it he doesn't, it will be used against him in a recall election and I don't want the Dems to gain majority in the Senate.

wild boar

It's in your PM box

Boar, can you forward this email to me. I would like a address a few of the points above with this gentleman. I want Sen. to with draw his name from the bill, because it he doesn't, it will be used against him in a recall election and I don't want the Dems to gain majority in the Senate.

Hope this works for you. boar out.

wild boar

BUMP by the boar.

BUMP!!! hope this is right, it is what I was told. boar out.

I know there are members with more ability than me in these matters; would you please step forward. I just ran through Senator Wanggaard's Committee page on bills in Senate, and found no mention of AB-237 for consideration.

Would someone else please verify this, for my limited ability with these issues will not allow me to guaranty anything. boar out.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

I know there are members with more ability than me in these matters; would you please step forward. I just ran through Senator Wanggaard's Committee page on bills in Senate, and found no mention of AB-237 for consideration.

Would someone else please verify this, for my limited ability with these issues will not allow me to guaranty anything. boar out.

AB237 in an Assembly bill, so until it passes the Assembly, you will not see it in a Senate committee.

Sen. Waangard is NOT even on the Senate Committee that would hold a public hearing on it IF it even got that far.

wild boar

AB237 in an Assembly bill, so until it passes the Assembly, you will not see it in a Senate committee.

Sen. Waangard is NOT even on the Senate Committee that would hold a public hearing on it IF it even got that far.

Then does what your saying make the email of 12/9 from Senator Wanggaard's Office just empty Paper patronage, (ie)...?

If so, I'm done with him. boar out.

Last edited:

E6chevron

Once again, on 11AB237:

Here is the Online history of this bill. http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/AB237

You can see that the bill was unanimously passed out of the assembly committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections, on Oct. 25, 2011.

It was referred to the assembly committee on Rules that same day.

There has been no further action on the bill in 2 months, except for the loss of two more coauthors.

It's passage is not likely. Discussion of this bill, at this time, does not seem worthwhile.

wild boar

Man, am I glad you chimed in.

Once again, on 11AB237:

Here is the Online history of this bill. http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/proposals/AB237

You can see that the bill was unanimously passed out of the assembly committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections, on Oct. 25, 2011.

It was referred to the assembly committee on Rules that same day.

There has been no further action on the bill in 2 months, except for the loss of two more coauthors.

It's passage is not likely. Discussion of this bill, at this time, does not seem worthwhile.

We can now rest until you sound the alarm to let us know when to be concerned. If, as you have claimed, there has been no movement after 10/25, why was I told on 12/7 I'd receive a definitive answer to my probing emails on 12/9, and did. It is the first post on this thread. Then, on Saturday, 12/10 Senator Wanggaard called me at home further explaining the cause and effect of his involvement. boar out.

Last edited:

E6chevron

We can now rest until you sound the alarm to let us know when to be concerned. If, as you have claimed, there has been no movement after 10/25, why was I told on 12/7 I'd receive a definitive answer to my probing emails on 12/9, and did. It is the first post on this thread. Then, on Saturday, 12/10 Senator Wanggaard called me at home further explaining the cause and effect of his involvement. boar out.

The email that is the first post in this thread, which you claim is from Sen. Wangaards office, states that there has been no action since the day (Oct. 25, 2011) that the bill was passed unanimously by the assembly committee on Criminal Justice and Corrections. The end of your first post seemed to declare ANOTHER VICTORY! Why are you still concerned?

Future action, if any occurs, will be by the assembly committee on Rules, where the bill was referred to on that same day. Senator Van Wanggaard, is in the Senate, and has NO direct power over the next action on the bill. He is the Chair of the Senate Committee on Labor, Public Safety, and Urban Affairs.

I don't claim anything. I don't intend to explain, the information put in your first post. If you are able to read the information in the link regarding the bills history, you might see it for yourself.

Last edited:

wild boar

E6shevron, I had asked BROKENSPROKET...

... a question, and for reasons only known to you, you answered. My continued concern rises out of the fact that I don't trust politicians.
The, "once again" lead to your post carried with it sarcastic undertones which implied disgust; and was further reinforced with your closing. If I want to be talked down to, I'll get married, quit my job, and move in with the mother in-law. boar out.

E6chevron

You asked for help. I presented facts from the Wisconsin state legislature's official web site.

I am sorry, that I did.

I am not a politician. If you don't trust politicians, why do you ask them questions?

Perhaps others will be able to help you.

wild boar

You asked for help. I presented facts from the Wisconsin state legislature's official web site.

I am sorry, that I did.

I am not a politician. If you don't trust politicians, why do you ask them questions?

Perhaps others will be able to help you.

I can't believe you don't know why an activist asks questions.

I know what the bill history is, but try to find the bill number where it's said to be, I couldn't, and that was the point. I look for the truth, and try to invoke curiosity in other members.

I call them as I see them, and take them as they come. When one chooses to advocate for a contested cause, there not making friends. boar out.

E6chevron

I know what the bill history is, but try to find the bill number where it's said to be, I couldn't, and that was the point. I look for the truth, and try to invoke curiosity in other members.

I call them as I see them, and take them as they come. When one chooses to advocate for a contested cause, there not making friends. boar out.

Take a look here: (the rules committee link on the bill history page)

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/commpages/IndividualCommittee.aspx?commid=526

Click on "Items Currently in Committee"

your friend.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/w3asp/commpages/IndividualCommittee.aspx?commid=526

Click on "Items Currenty in Committee". Its the third item in the box on the right.

Scroll down and you will see it. This is where it had it's last breath and died. Like it has been said, it will not come out of this committee.

Last edited:

E6chevron

Last edited:

wild boar

Ok, so i"m the dumb ass! I"ll take that...

BROKENSPROKET,

good, intelligent post, I am impressed by your skills, ;)

...,it's not the first time my command of the computer has served me crow.

You men were right, when I maneuvered the site as directed, there it was. What I was doing was entering the bill number on the left side, and was getting run in circles.

Although we could forget the, I told you so; I'll take it like a man, let em rip men.

I'm sorry for my blatant display of ignorance toward you, but can not apologize for my pursuit of clarity.

If one never suffers the pain of defeat, they will not know the joy of victory. boar out.