• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Set your DVR's CCDL on TV!

Lenny Benedetto

Tomorrow Morning 2 of CCDL's Executive Members will be on TV!!

At 10 am John Beidler Treasurer of CCDL will be on Fox 61 "The Real Story"

And

At 11 am Jonathan Hardy Executive Member of CCDL will be on WFSB "Face The State"

Last edited:

motoxmann

watching the program...

I first must say thank you to all of our supporters. it's amazing how all of our gun rights supporters are handling themselves so well and are so intelligent and well educated and open to various ideas, whereas all the anti-gunners seem much less of each of these. I'm sure thats having an impact of people.

wait, what?? they're trying to propose requiring a permit to buy AMMO? so the thousands and thousands of gun owners in CT that do not have their pistol permit would not legally be capable of buying ammunition for their rifles/shotguns? talk about completely disarming people. and they say their proposals are reasonable?

motoxmann

I've always been a mild gun enthusiast, MILD gun enthusiast, raised and taught well by my father and many other family members. taught, not told, not demanded, not forced, but taught, in a manner that has allowed me to decide for myself my own views and opinions. that said...

watching the program...

I first must say thank you to all of our supporters. it's amazing how all of our gun rights supporters are handling themselves so well and are so intelligent and well educated and open to various ideas, whereas all the anti-gunners seem much less of each of these. I'm sure thats having an impact of people.

allow me to reword this:
I am not a parent, and am in no way affected emotionally on a personal standpoint by what happened in sandy hook. and I firmly believe that has allowed me to keep an open mind about everything and definitely has allowed me to think LOGICALLY about all views expressed by all.
I've been watching everything I can regarding all things legislative. in my observations, every time opposite views are allowed to be expressed, it is extremely obvious that everyone (political figures and citizens) expressing the need for stronger gun control is off their frickin rocker, acting strictly on impulse and anger, visually appearing extremely irrational. whereas all of those protecting our current gun rights, or at least still neutral on the matter and allowing facts to be presented making for an educated decision OVER TIME, all seem to be thinking very rationally and logically.

I am very much hoping my posts throughout this website are read by legislators and political figures and organizations involved in this great debate, as well as any and all citizens that could have any impact on this great debate. I've never been involved much in politics through my life, but in the last 12 months or so I have gained more and more interest. anything I can do to get more involved, I will. and anyone that can direct me where to go or what to do to be more involved, feel free to inform me. I will also do my best to guide others if they so choose

Last edited:

KIX

There will be much debate indeed!

I do get a bit emotional on the issue with the kids. I have a son, watch my twin 5 year old nephews and am an assistant scoutmaster. That being said, I screwed up on select fire bigtime. And I've owned many firearms that were select fire! I was staring at pictures of the kids when I was talking and.... well.... whoops. That being said, I recovered with single shot!!!

All in all, Channel 3 was VERY fair to us and I am glad I was allowed to participate.

Sadly, this is only the beginning!

Jonathan

davidmcbeth

Banned
Newtown is not there .. they are hiding !

Doing a quick search of Police Commissions meeting minutes for towns I found this gem:

Discussion/decision regarding the acceptance of a gift of $8,950 from the Gun Club to the Weston Police Department. Chief John Troxell said the Gun Club had donated money to the Weston Police Department approximately two years ago to purchase a forensic computer. Chief Troxell said he was approached by members of the Gun Club foundation and they said they were interested in donating money to the police department.

He had expressed to them his priority to have a mile of safety up at the schools. Part of that is traffic and the other part is they have been training as a quick response to an active shooter situation at the schools. They do not have enough rifles to outfit all 15 officers based on the fact that they have a number of left handed officers and the rifles they have are designed for a right handed shooter. The rifles are equipped with iron sights which have to be adjusted to the individual.

From PC meeting minutes of 20 MAR 08 of town of Weston, CT.

Its good that they train for this but it also indicates that towns were keenly aware of these type of threats.

They should be insuring that a shooter can be prevented, not just responded to.

And a rifle that has been zeroed should not need adjustment to an individual ... it shows that the cops have no idea what to do with these guns. They cannot even train their people in the use and operation of one of the world's most popular rifles.

It exemplifies why I think that police should not have these types of firearms ... they cannot hit the broadside of a barn with their handguns and now you want to give them a main battle rifle issued to soldiers? Zeroing in a Colt is not hard but it does take a certain degree of knowledge on how to do it .. clearly the PD of Weston had no idea back in 2008.

I can shoot and keep a plastic milk jug off the ground with my AR at a range of 50 yds (until I run out of ammo of course or the gun jams (lol-its still a Colt). And with iron sights ... iron sights are good enough for 90% of shooting I would foresee with the AR. I do have scopes for it and attached but my iron sights are still available for use.