• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at Chandler Fashion Center

ehewitt1990

i just think this whole situation is ridiculous.
and the bad part of this is, its not going to change the way people feel about people OC'ing. even though if the mall allowed people to OC, this might not of happened.

i also had a question.... does baja fresh have a no firearms policy?

i ask for 2 reasons.
1. because if they do, it obviously doesn't keep the bad guys out.
2. maybe the should re-consider their policy if they do. because again, this probably wouldn't of happened if a few good law abiding citizens were allowed to exercise their rights.

protias

i just think this whole situation is ridiculous.
and the bad part of this is, its not going to change the way people feel about people OC'ing. even though if the mall allowed people to OC, this might not of happened.

i also had a question.... does baja fresh have a no firearms policy?

i ask for 2 reasons.
1. because if they do, it obviously doesn't keep the bad guys out.
2. maybe the should re-consider their policy if they do. because again, this probably wouldn't of happened if a few good law abiding citizens were allowed to exercise their rights.

A recent "ruckus" at Mayfair Mall in Milwaukee, WI, and well, you can read the thread here: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?84843-Mayfair-Mall-Incident-Under-Investigation

Think it will work? :banghead:

Sonora Rebel

All of these GFZ's are ripe for whatever mayhem may be visitied upon them. It's almost an invitation. 'Come kill us... we're defensless..."

rickc1962

As I have said before, there are 90,000,000 gun owners in the United States, but I would say maybe only, one to two million gun owners stand up for a purest form of the 2nd Amendment. If all gun owners would stand together in protest, financially against all malls, restaurants, gas stations, grocery stores or any other businesses or Governments that is " gun free," these places would be taking down there signs overnight and bag us to start spending money again. We need to educate the hunters, collectors, CCers, them that think its` OK to have a gun in there house but that's it. And all those people that don`t own guns but think the whole Constitution is relevant, and remember if we want their help, then we need to be willing to stand with them when their rights are trampled on.

TOF

I find it difficult to envision myself shooting down a bunch of 14 and 15 year old kids vandalizing a store unless they were knifing , beating or shooting someone. The Chandler incident was not one in which a civilian gun carrier could have done much other than get shot by a policeman.

These incidents are good examples of how meaningless the Gun's Prohibited signs and policies are but neither would have prompted me to draw my gun.

Sonora Rebel

I find it difficult to envision myself shooting down a bunch of 14 and 15 year old kids vandalizing a store unless they were knifing , beating or shooting someone. The Chandler incident was not one in which a civilian gun carrier could have done much other than get shot by a policeman.

These incidents are good examples of how meaningless the Gun's Prohibited signs and policies are but neither would have prompted me to draw my gun.

Well... as for Chandler: If an employee or customer had been armed, it could have ended right there. No hostages... just a dead/shot up BG.

TOF

Well... as for Chandler: If an employee or customer had been armed, it could have ended right there. No hostages... just a dead/shot up BG.

It sounded to me like a running gun battle with police started outside the mall. I for one have no intention of injecting myself into a Police shootout unless someone is pointing a gun or shooting it at me. It also sounded like there were some plain clothes officers involved which could have lead to erronious assumptions as to who was the bad guy.

As many say , Your Mileage May Vary.

Stay safe