• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Shot fired" at Short Pump Town Center 1.14.17

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Maybe I'm just feeling cranky; maybe its the scotch.

But, it strikes me as almost silly that our society today--including us--gets tense at the report "shots fired."

"Shots fired? Yeah, so? At least half those shots were return fire from a defender, right? So, what's the problem? What is the breathlessness about? A citizen did what he had to do. Can we get back to discussing how to increase productivity and prosperity?"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe I'm just feeling cranky; maybe its the scotch.

But, it strikes me as almost silly that our society today--including us--gets tense at the report "shots fired."

"Shots fired? Yeah, so? At least half those shots were return fire from a defender, right? So, what's the problem? What is the breathlessness about? A citizen did what he had to do. Can we get back to discussing how to increase productivity and prosperity?"
If you have information not available yet to us here, please share it.

67GT390FB

This event coincided with an incident going on at the Movieland Theater on the Boulevard, a close friend of mine was at the movieland theater with his family on Saturday evening watching Hidden Figures and their movie was interrupted repeatedly by large groups of "youths" who would randomly walk into the theater and interupt the movie. After the movie was over they were prevented from leaving due to "shots fired" outside and the police not letting anyone out until things were under control. Funny thing is I am seeing nothing and hearing crickets about this incident from the local media.

Va_Nemo

This event coincided with an incident going on at the Movieland Theater on the Boulevard, a close friend of mine was at the movieland theater with his family on Saturday evening watching Hidden Figures and their movie was interrupted repeatedly by large groups of "youths" who would randomly walk into the theater and interupt the movie. After the movie was over they were prevented from leaving due to "shots fired" outside and the police not letting anyone out until things were under control. Funny thing is I am seeing nothing and hearing crickets about this incident from the local media.

Just a group of disillusioned youths upset from the election results. No need to get them into legal trouble over such little things.

Move along, nothing to see here.

Nemo