• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shower Gun

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I just stumbled across this, fellas.

Hilarity warning: just sit down on the floor now, before clicking play--because you're going to fall in the floor laughing before the end of the clip. I needed an oxygen bottle, myself--I was suffocating with laughter.

Of course, there is a very serious underlying point. But, that doesn't mean we can't enjoy a huge laugh in the meantime.

Enjoy:

[video=youtube;OVUB_1MbFS4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVUB_1MbFS4[/video]

Last edited:

Va_Nemo

I never saw that episode. Or don't remember it. My question is only 5 in the car, and 1 more at home? Dayum, why so few?

That number is within reach of my regular seat on the living room couch. And if you go near my bed watch what your toes reach into.

Nemo

since9

Campaign Veteran
I remember the episode. I was thinking the guy was the psycho.

Just goes to show you how deeply the liberal brain-washing went, even back in the 70s with a 10-year-old kid.

Thank God brain-washing isn't permanent.

MontanaResident

Does anybody have a front door gun? On the outside incase there is an intruder on the inside waiting for you to come home. Think about it.... :p

stealthyeliminator

Admit it guys, I think we've all had it cross our minds, how quickly we can access a firearm if we hear something while in the shower! :p

I try not to keep firearms where they could end up between me and an intruder. I don't want to have to rush toward an intruder to reach my firearm. In short, I don't keep them near any potential points of entry. I normally just keep it on my person. I also don't like leaving a firearm in any temporary location. I like it being on my person, or in it's regular storage location. I don't want to have to remember the last place I left it if something happens and I have to act quickly. ;)

Wstar425

Does anybody have a front door gun? On the outside incase there is an intruder on the inside waiting for you to come home. Think about it.... :p

No.

I recently purchased a vest for my dog with "ask to pet" patches. I noticed that some of the more "tactical" vests had holsters that you can add for carrying a gun on your dog. Not sure exactly why or the wisdom of that?
Maybe in a Police or Military situation, but that still seems iffy to me.

I've thought about stashing a shotgun in the garage somewhere, but so far have not been able to actually do it.

Here's another thought provoking scenario. You come home, somebody in the house and gets the jump on you. Threaten to shoot your wife or kids unless you open the gun safe/safe. What now? I realize that all the major situational awareness types would never let that happen, but use your imagination.

Maverick9

Actually, given it's 1970s, I think they lied to the guy about needing a permit to transport firearms in a vehicle. Also, I think the show made up the part about registering guns when purchased.

It's like many cop shows where they depict things like 'pretending the cop heard a noise' and breaking into a house, or accidentally breaking a back door window with an elbow to gain entry into a house they "know" there's a bad guy.

We actually go alone with that stuff, as though TV cops are such good guys that we don't blink when they break the law. But the truth is, it just make for good fiction, GG vs BGs.

You have to wonder just how good TV shows are at twisting your morality. It's NOT ok to break laws or 'trick' criminals. IMO no cop should ever overtly lie. It's lazy police work and leads to the cops being worse than the BGs. The break the law under color of law.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
We live in the middle of a low crime subdivision in a low crime town. We also have 2 Great Danes and a big black lab. While they are friendly and probably not going to tear into a burglar, they have big barks and the bad guy wouldn't know they are big babies. So I don't get very concerned. I have an EDC with me 99% of the time when I'm coming in the door so if there a bad guy inside, I am already armed. So I just don't get too worried when I'm in the shower either.

Back in the day though, when I was much younger and living in some crappy places, in some not great areas, yeah, I would have loved to have had a few of the sidearms I have now, although most of them didn't exist back then. I wouldn't have needed one in the shower still though, because those apts were so small I could pretty much reach it within 2 steps from anywhere. LOL

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Admit it guys, I think we've all had it cross our minds, how quickly we can access a firearm if we hear something while in the shower! :p

I try not to keep firearms where they could end up between me and an intruder. I don't want to have to rush toward an intruder to reach my firearm. In short, I don't keep them near any potential points of entry. I normally just keep it on my person. I also don't like leaving a firearm in any temporary location. I like it being on my person, or in it's regular storage location. I don't want to have to remember the last place I left it if something happens and I have to act quickly. ;)

Oh, my. "Guns" in the shower?

"In short..."?

"Potential points of entry..."?

"...Like it being on my person"?

Nope. I ain't touching that one. (double entendre intended)

:D

Va_Nemo

Thats why my always nearby and EDC is a stainless steel 5906. You do know you can get lacquered primer ammo (making them near waterproof) in 9mm don't you?

Nemo :cool:

Last edited:

MontanaResident

Shower threats are very real.

My puppy likes to drink from the shower when I get out. Lately she cannot wait for me to finish, and flicks her tongue between the sill and the door. My first warning alert is now a warm water soap junky and my threat level is now being adjusted to severe.

Replace "terrorist" with "crazed gunman who attacks naked showering man".

dhs-threat1.jpg

Last edited: