• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

silly brits...drive by shooting

DW98

I like how they specify that the victims and assailants were white.

A somewhat similar incident happened in my city here in Australia a few months back.

Long story short a factory and parked cars were sprayed with more than 100 rounds in a drive-by shooting. Here's a snippet from the article
Isabel, who lives in the street and declined to give her surname, said she also heard shots fired while on the couch. "It was really continuous, like a machine gun," she said.

Coming from someone who's probably never heard what a machine gun sounds like outside TV.

rightwinglibertarian

...seems the bad guys kept theirs!!

Of course they did. But then again this country and pretty much all of Europe makes the California looks conservative. You can't expect sheeple like that to get the message criminals don't obey the law. Thats kinda why they are criminals :p

Little introduction as I don't see a forum section for it.
American citizen living in the United Kingdom for most of my life. I do however try to follow U.S news commonly reading Freedom Outpost, WND and various other similar sources. While I admit my knowledge is patchy it's safe to say I am certainly very libertarian. My aim is to return to the U.S and get involved in the fight for the survival of the Constitution.

DW98

Of course they did. But then again this country and pretty much all of Europe makes the California looks conservative. You can't expect sheeple like that to get the message criminals don't obey the law. Thats kinda why they are criminals :p

Little introduction as I don't see a forum section for it.
American citizen living in the United Kingdom for most of my life. I do however try to follow U.S news commonly reading Freedom Outpost, WND and various other similar sources. While I admit my knowledge is patchy it's safe to say I am certainly very libertarian. My aim is to return to the U.S and get involved in the fight for the survival of the Constitution.

Welcome aboard. Keep up the good fight.

rightwinglibertarian

Welcome aboard. Keep up the good fight.

Thank you. I tend to fight for now on social networks, publically calling out businesses and police forces that violate the Constitution. Once I return however I will be looking at effective ways to fight any and all gun restrictions. In my mind even the so-called Vermont Law doesnt go far enough.

DW98

Thank you. I tend to fight for now on social networks, publically calling out businesses and police forces that violate the Constitution. Once I return however I will be looking at effective ways to fight any and all gun restrictions. In my mind even the so-called Vermont Law doesnt go far enough.

It must be frustrating living in the UK. How are things over there these days?

rightwinglibertarian

chock full of raving pro-europe libtards who think it's ok to about sell the countries sovereignty to Brussels who regularly dictates what the country can and cannot do and even fines the country for not towing the line. Patriotism is practically considered racist as one is supposed to be 'multicultural' and the police invariable don't understand the difference between disagreeing with things and committing a 'hate crime'. Oh and there is little to prevent the police from searching you though it's not happened very often to me. maybe twice in 10 years

scouser

chock full of raving pro-europe libtards who think it's ok to about sell the countries sovereignty to Brussels who regularly dictates what the country can and cannot do and even fines the country for not towing the line. Patriotism is practically considered racist as one is supposed to be 'multicultural' and the police invariable don't understand the difference between disagreeing with things and committing a 'hate crime'. Oh and there is little to prevent the police from searching you though it's not happened very often to me. maybe twice in 10 years

I'll add something to that.

Last time I was there was late in 2010 when I was there for my dad's funeral. I got off the plane in Manchester Airport, went through passport control and into the baggage claim in Terminal 2. The sign above the men's bathroom said something like "men's bathroom and ritual washing station".

I commented on the sign to my mother when she met me and said words to the effect of "ritual ****ing washing station, who's ****ing country is this?" in a loud voice so a lot of people around me could hear.

I was informed by some person in a yellow safety vest who sounded a bit like that green lizard who actually can't save me 15% on my car insurance that "shhh you can't say that" to which I replied "oh really? didn't I just prove, by saying it, that I can?"

Rusty Young Man

I'll add something to that.

Last time I was there was late in 2010 when I was there for my dad's funeral. I got off the plane in Manchester Airport, went through passport control and into the baggage claim in Terminal 2. The sign above the men's bathroom said something like "men's bathroom and ritual washing station".

I commented on the sign to my mother when she met me and said words to the effect of "ritual ****ing washing station, who's ****ing country is this?" in a loud voice so a lot of people around me could hear.

I was informed by some person in a yellow safety vest who sounded a bit like that green lizard who actually can't save me 15% on my car insurance that "shhh you can't say that" to which I replied "oh really? didn't I just prove, by saying it, that I can?"

You mean Gecko? I like the bolded part. What did the guy do afterwards?

@rightwinglibertarian: Welcome to the OCDO and greetings from sunny, dry Arizona!
Hope you consider Arizona as a candidate for your new home. We're close to Nevada, and we have to deal with the invasion taking place from the People's Democratic Republic of Kalifornia.:( It seems they scare off easily, but only to come back and in greater numbers.:lol::cry: (there isn't a laughing-while-crying emoticon).

DW98

Sounds terrible. Good luck to you. :cool:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Not that this is news, or that I haven't said this before...

If Britain, which is an island nation, can't enforce gun prohibition (attempts to do so have not prevented spree killings, and automatic weapons now proliferate in the black market where they formerly did not), there is absolutely no way in hell that the US – or any other nation with a complex border – can hope to do so.

Last edited:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
In my mind even the so-called Vermont Law doesnt go far enough.

Keep in mind that there is no "Vermont law", so much as a notable lack of any law at all on the subject.

While there are certainly improvements that could be made nationwide (including in Vermont), it's hard to beat, with regard solely to carry at the state level, a total absence of carry legislation.

That which is not prohibited is legal by default. That which is "legalized" (I prefer decriminalized) explicitly by legislation is legal only within the confines of that legislation.

Last edited: