• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Good Advice

The Truth

The reason men are silenced is not because they speak falsely, but because they speak the truth. This is because if men speak falsehoods, their own words can be used against them; while if they speak truly, there is nothing which can be used against them -- except force.

^Truth! :D

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The reason men are silenced is not because they speak falsely, but because they speak the truth. This is because if men speak falsehoods, their own words can be used against them; while if they speak truly, there is nothing which can be used against them -- except force.
I'm at a loss to understand this statement. Is it saying that men who attempt to speak the truth are silenced by force? Can someone help me out here?

The Truth

I'm at a loss to understand this statement. Is it saying that men who attempt to speak the truth are silenced by force? Can someone help me out here?

I think it's some sort of word salad with some dressing on it made from the tree of righteousness.

gutshot II

• Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The reason men are silenced is not because they speak falsely, but because they speak the truth. This is because if men speak falsehoods, their own words can be used against them; while if they speak truly, there is nothing which can be used against them -- except force.

Does this person's braggadocio, posting of topics that are way off the scale of any association with open carry, his open hostility to the esposed purpose of this forum and his overall demeanor remind anyone, other than me, of one of my alltime favorite members? Gone but never forgotten, CountryClubJoe. Could we have a poser or, more likely an alterego? What do you think?

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Does this person's braggadocio, posting of topics that are way off the scale of any association with open carry, his open hostility to the esposed purpose of this forum and his overall demeanor remind anyone, other than me, of one of my alltime favorite members? Gone but never forgotten, CountryClubJoe. Could we have a poser or, more likely an alterego? What do you think?
He is lonely. He has no one to talk to. He has been booted off other forums. I'm sure the list could grow. But, what ever the reason posting for the sake of posting isn't a good idea. Some think because the quantity of postings are down it's because of bickering, I believe it's because Open Carry is becoming more accepted. However, right now there is around 700 viewers. This forum is full of good info. Posting for the sake of posting is not a good policy.

Last edited:

solus

Alas gutshot II, et al., it is improbable Joe would perpetuate such a ruse, however, there is another contentious member who, from from the very beginning of the forum, threatened to wreak havoc upon the forum and who strangely and quite suddenly disappeared ~ completely disappeared by name, their complete history gone, not a trace! [not from an alledged server crash like you]

I presume disappearing would be quite a time consuming task and truly not a small feat to delete someone’s complete forum presence spanning years.

Further, who better to know how to immediately instigate such a grandiose entrance and controversy but to on their first post boldly state OC practices sucks!

gutshot II

He is lonely. He has no one to talk to. He has been booted off other forums. I'm sure the list could grow. But, what ever the reason posting for the sake of posting isn't a good idea. Some think because the quantity of postings are down it's because of bickering, I believe it's because Open Carry is becoming more accepted. However, right now there is around 700 viewers. This forum is full of good info. Posting for the sake of posting is not a good policy.

I expect he will remain lonely.

700 viewers? How many regular posters? There is nothing risked by lurking, but many don't want to risk the savaging that could accompany posting here.

Last edited:

solus

I expect he will remain lonely.

700 viewers? How many regular posters? There is nothing risked by lurking, but many don't want to risk the savaging that could accompany posting here.

29 members and 600+ guests [majority bots]

The Truth

I stopped posting because every thread ended with the same petulant children arguing personal issues and semantics, and the point of the thread was almost always lost in the sea of edgy retorts.

gutshot II

I stopped posting because every thread ended with the same petulant children arguing personal issues and semantics, and the point of the thread was almost always lost in the sea of edgy retorts.

+1

I have run into passed members of OCDO on other forums and said, "You haven't been on OCDO lately" and they respond that they read it every day but will no longer post here for the same reason. I don't post nearly as often as I used to. Walking Wolf said it best, "It's not any fun here, anymore". It has become vicious.

HP995

The combat level is way too high. Hopefully that will improve. But that's not always the motivation for lurking. For me, sometimes just not enough time and energy to post. Lurking is easier after a hard day, or prior to a big day. No taking-it-easy days lately. :)

These days I can't even imagine having time to browse or post on multiple forums except on a sick day...but it sounds fun. Speaking of WW, I liked his thread about archery for self defense.

CJ4wd

BTW CJ4, Taurus has a .17 HMR revolver.

Full auto M2?

Okay, thanks. I wasn't inclined to take the time to search for such a gun as I wasn't interested in such small calibers, mainly because of their ineffective size in regards to the OP.

Jimsouth

BTW CJ4, Taurus has a .17 HMR revolver.

Full auto M2?

The M2 carbine is the selective-fire version of the M1 carbine capable of firing in both semi-automatic and full-automatic. But the very first assault rifle was probably the German "storm rifle". From a distance, the Storm Rifle & the AK 47 do look very very similar. The Storm Rifle was being manufactured long before the AK was available. Could be a coincidence they look nearly identical; but since the AK is very dependable, I see German influence. They do look alike; but the cycling mechanics may be a bit different. Do the search & compare the two rifles. Larry Vickers and the Sturmgewehr 44 - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jrlCPq5stE I know, I know, Open Carry forum; but this is still interesting. Kalashnikov vs. Schmeisser: Myths, Legends, and Misconceptions ...
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/.../kalashnikov-vs-schmeisser-umpteenth-time-guest-...

Who Really Designed The AK-47? - The Firearm BlogThe Firearm Blog
https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/03/14/designed-ak-47/
Mar 14, 2014 - Well, there can only be one answer: Hugo Schmeisser. ... Schmeisser was working in Izhevsk while Kalashnikov was supposedly developing ...

Were the AK-47 Really Designed by Hugo Schmeisser?
https://wehrmachthistory.com › German Technology

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I rarely carry a rifle, and discussion on OCDO is restricted. As far as ammo type it is wise to have a firearm of any caliber rather than be unarmed, or armed with a stick.

Personally after seeing the stops in NC, and SC reported from the "weak" 22lr I would have no problem depending on the cartridge. After all it is all about where the bullet hits, not how big it is, just ask any woman.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I rarely carry a rifle, and discussion on OCDO is restricted. As far as ammo type it is wise to have a firearm of any caliber rather than be unarmed, or armed with a stick.

Personally after seeing the stops in NC, and SC reported from the "weak" 22lr I would have no problem depending on the cartridge. After all it is all about where the bullet hits, not how big it is, just ask any woman.
I was at Knob Creek Gun Range, KY for the big machine-gun shoot this past Friday. No loaded guns permitted. Next best thing was a sharp stick. Well, I did have a sharp pocket knife to sharpen that stick.

Roverhound

The 218bee has been around for about a 100 years.

The 5.7 has been around a lot less.

I guess it might depends on how old your are.

The Bee used to be factory chambering for most major US manufactures.

The 5.7 is a up start.

Doesn't mean it's available. I can walk in to most gun shops and pick up 5.7, can't say the same about .218 Bee.
I know it's been around a while but it's just not that common anymore.