• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

Schlepnier

well this is a little late but a couple weeks ago I was OC with my chiappa rhino (6") in my lovely ghost ultimate holster. I visited my local UPS stores, stopped of at the glasses store to get a nose pad repair, the lady fixing my glasses wanted to know if I had the safety on, on my revolver... which led to a fine conversation.

I went to the customer service desk at walmart to get a money order, had a guy behind me asking questions about the chiappa...after he asked if it was a "replica"????

so a bit more eventful than normal for me.

Last edited:

Bill45

Went to Home Depot, South Sound 911 to renew license, Safeway and then down to Dirty Dave's in Lacy for lunch.

No issues no comments....Oh, wait a comment was made while I was in Home Depot. While I was looking over the garden hoses etc. I heard a person say (calmly) "He's carrying a gun". I turned and it was a teen who spoke to his father. The father asked, "Is it legal to carry a gun in Washington?". I replied, "Yup" he stated he was from California, I said "Oh, that's sad." He said "I know what you mean".

An entertaining little experience.

Over all a very good day.

decklin

Saw an open carrier with his family in front of Home Depot in Bonney Lake today. I was driving by but saw 3 mags on the left hip, pistol on the right, and an expandable baton at the 5 o'clock. First time seeing someone carry a baton.

decklin

Oc'd into the puyallup fred meyer and the tacoma and tukwila rei today. Then took the dogs for a walk around the neighborhood. No issues as usual.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Saturday I went to the Annual Lacey BBQ Festival with no issues. I even messed with the sheriffs that I was going to drive off with their SWAT team MRAP. :)

Next will be the Mushroom festival on the 26th.

ETA: The big burger charity event at Big Tom with at least 100 people milling about with no issue.

Last edited:

Ajetpilot

Had a great breakfast in the sun on the deck at Netshed Number Nine in Gig Harbor with my bride. One long look from a new server who went to see his manager immediately, but then returned with a smile and menus for us. Freedom is a beautiful thing! :D

Schlepnier

Just some local stuff today, got a "thanks for carrying" from another patron at walmart. I was carrying my rhino so i got a few questions from a fellow firearms enthusiast as i waited in line at subway.

otherwise just another typical day.

decklin

My buddy is visiting from NH, where I'm from.
Yesterday he and I OC'd into the Bonney Lake Fred Meyer and at Ruston Way.
A group of three people at Ruston had some questions about open carry and were very supportive.
It was a beautiful day to be out and OC'ing.

Today we went to Pike Place but I CC'd in anticipation of the crowds and my buddy decided not to carry since his permit isn't recognized here. (NH licenses 18 year olds. That's when I got mine!) Turns out I underestimated how many tourists would be out and about. I seriously doubt anyone would have even noticed me OC'ing but it was nice not having to keep my arm clamped down on my firearm in that mess.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Went to the annual mushroom festival in Lacey, and nobody freaked out. One vendor from LA asked about what type of gun I had, and if I was a COP (yes answer would have got me a discount). As usual no issues. Pigged out on the food samples since I had the all you can eat ticket. Came home, and went into a food coma :)
http://www.pnwmushroomfest.org/

Wstar425

Went to the annual mushroom festival in Lacey, and nobody freaked out. One vendor from LA asked about what type of gun I had, and if I was a COP (yes answer would have got me a discount). As usual no issues. Pigged out on the food samples since I had the all you can eat ticket. Came home, and went into a food coma :)
http://www.pnwmushroomfest.org/

I may have to plan a vacation out there about this time next year! I'm a Morel Hunter, but it looks like you guys have quite a variety. $30.00 for all you can eat!!! I'm in!!!

One question: I saw a picture of an ice cream cone. Is that mushroom flavored ice cream or just a pictur of cookie dough or similar? I'm not sure what I think of mushroom flavored ice cream?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
I may have to plan a vacation out there about this time next year! I'm a Morel Hunter, but it looks like you guys have quite a variety. $30.00 for all you can eat!!! I'm in!!!

One question: I saw a picture of an ice cream cone. Is that mushroom flavored ice cream or just a picture of cookie dough or similar? I'm not sure what I think of mushroom flavored ice cream?

Yes, there were mushroom flavored deserts. I don't do sweets, so I didn't partake.

Latro

Been meaning to post for a while, but I'm lazy.

I've been open carrying around Lakewood for the past few weeks.

Places I've visited:
Haggens: no issues, been about 8 times, no looks, employees always very respectful
Walgreens: cashier looked at me, then my firearm, gave me a look but was respectful
Walmart: a few times, no looks, spotted a fellow OCer carrying a compact 1911
Safeway: no issues, saw an older gentleman carrying a full size Glock
Little Caesars: no issues, spoke with a fellow open carrier with a compact Glock, shout out if you're on here
Starbucks: a lot of older people stared at me the entire time I was in there
Some little mini mart, no issues

Was not OCing, but spoke with a man OCing in Target with an SD9VE, also saw a young lady with a semi oc blackhawk serpa.

On my way back from Walgreens I had a group of young kids yelling "hey big man" and "hey tough guy" at me, as well as a man with a stroller mutter "that scary, huh" as he walked behind me and crossed the street.

Overall not bad.

tombrewster421

OC here and there. In the Fourth of July parade in Oakville. Always positive comments. Excited that I was able to get a new Glock 34 yesterday with an unexpected bonus.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439671476.893892.jpg

Latro

Went to Target in Lakewood today to pick up a Fitbit (they're awesome, by the way!) and had no issues with OC. I know everyone there so that doesn't hurt. Had an interested person inquiring about oc and concealed permits, so I spoke with him a little bit. Forgot to mention oc.org, doh!

Have Gun - Will Carry

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...03/target-announces-but-wont-enforce-gun-ban/

Target hates gun owners. Like Starbucks they are refusing to enforce their gun ban because they are saying that gun owners are so inherently crazy and violent that they don't want to risk the lives of their employees by asking them to enforce official corporate policy...

I'll never give Target another dollar again.

Ummm... you do realize that the linked article is over 13 months old, don't you? Old news.

Latro

Well if you ever have trouble in the Lakewood store, let me know and I will speak with management. The GSTL said they follow whatever the law is.

Alpine

Ummm... you do realize that the linked article is over 13 months old, don't you? Old news.

You do realize the policy is still in effect, don't you? Not sure why any gun owner would want to give Target more money that they use to erode and destroy 2A rights.

Last edited:

Have Gun - Will Carry

You do realize the policy is still in effect, don't you? Not sure why any gun owner would want to give Target more money that they use to erode and destroy 2A rights.

Of course I do! And I won't shop there either, for the same reasons. But it sounded like you had just discovered this fact about Target, after it was discussed in several threads on this forum last year.

When I began reading the article I thought it was current, with some new development, so I wanted to point out the fact that it wasn't, because others might have made the same assumption. I wasn't being a smart-a$$ - I was just making sure you knew it was old, that's all. Peace!