• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

decklin

So yesterday I was at Sportsman's warehouse in puyallup. I was in line at the service desk so I could exchange a pair of boots.
At the counter getting a fishing license was a young guy in a hat, white tshirt, and jeans with a full size pistol in his back pocket.

No holster.

Zero situational awareness.

Would have been so easy to take it. He spent nearly the whole time with his back to everybody and leaning over the counter with his hands in front of him.
I'll be honest, it made me a little angry that somebody could be so stupid.
I know others have posted about seeing the same thing. I had never seen it before.
Blows my mind.

cpgrad08

Just got back from the park with my dog. A man called the police about me OCing and I over heard the conversation. The dispatcher told him that OC is legal and I was not breaking the law.

Latro

Just got back from the park with my dog. A man called the police about me OCing and I over heard the conversation. The dispatcher told him that OC is legal and I was not breaking the law.

Fort Steilacoom? I'm there all the time, never had any issues.

Latro

OC for the past few days:

Spaghetti factory, no issues

McDonald's, no issues, young kid asked why I had a gun

Target, no issues

Currently on a hike in Fort steilacoom, Lakewood officer drove by, no issues. A few glares from soccer moms edit have seen 3 cruisers so far

Was not OCing, but I was actually stopped last night, officer just asked if I was okay, just doing their night patrols I assume

Last edited:

Latro

Been open carrying around Lakewood, as usual

Target a few times, no issues. Had a few conversations with interested people. More than a few gun friendly employees as well.

City buses, never an issue.

Spotted a fellow open carrier at Walgreens on Monday I believe.

Open carry on my daily walks as well, no issues.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Been open carrying around Lakewood, as usual

Target a few times, no issues. Had a few conversations with interested people. More than a few gun friendly employees as well.

City buses, never an issue.

Spotted a fellow open carrier at Walgreens on Monday I believe.

Open carry on my daily walks as well, no issues.

You have a CPL for the bus?

Boomboy007

Drove from Bellingham down to Ocean Shores for the Labor Day weekend. OC'd all over town, and not a peep except for a guy asking about my Steyr. Had a great time.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Sweet Baboo and I spent a few days in Long Beach for a wedding anniversary. Had a lady at the next table in a restaurant drop her gun on the floor when opening her purse.

Saw a young black fellow with a crashed scooter and we stopped to assist. Said he spun out on a wet spot in the road. We helped him out of the road as his relative arrived and we left. As we pulled out of the parking lot where we left the young man, three, yes three(3) police vehicles hit the parking lot almost at the same time. Two LEOs in each for a total of six. I guess they never found the guy with the gun.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Got my hair cute at Sports Cuts in Federal Way today and stopped by Sportsman Warehouse. The ladies at Sports Cuts have never really said a thing for the last 6 years...

Lot's of ammo on the shelves of SW, looks like any ammo shortage is done...

Stopped by Ross and bought a pair of jeans, then stopped by Macy's and found another pair of jean's, everyone was helpfull and not a work said.

Stopped by a Circle K on the way back to Auburn to buy a soda and had a couple of Hispanic guys notice the Sig, they made their comments and stared. I just smiled as I waited in line.

Safeway in Auburn to buy a few things for camping this weekend, not a word said. Loomis was there picking up the deposit, neither the driver nor the guard even noticed.

EMNofSeattle

Stopped in at the Food Market in Key Center off of Key Peninsula Hwy on my way to work yesterday, saw guy open carrying he had a sig in a drop leg holster while wearing shorts.

Perfectly legal, but a huge violation of the laws of fashion ;)

Liberty-or-Death

...a drop leg holster while wearing shorts.
Perfectly legal, but a huge violation of the laws of fashion ;)
Unless you are Lara Croft.
moviebelt.jpg

1245A Defender

Well,,,

No laws of fashion apply to a woman like Lara Croft (aka Angelina Jolie) it is automatically fashionable whatever they do

I have my doubts that that pic is really Lara Croft,,,
besides I dont think she would leave the house with just a couple of
piddly little FNP 45's!

I could be wrong, "but", that but dont look quite right!