• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound OC Report........

trevorthebusdriver

ShoWare

Went CC to the circus at ShoWare Center in Kent with wife and kids. Funny how they searched my wife's purse for outside food or whatever and I walked right in with a gun, two magazines and two knives. :)

DamonK

tombrewster421

Went CC to the circus at ShoWare Center in Kent with wife and kids. Funny how they searched my wife's purse for outside food or whatever and I walked right in with a gun, two magazines and two knives. :)

Wife and I went to a regal cinemas recently and had the same thing happen, only they said they were checking for weapons. I'm thinking "lady, you're looking in the wrong place". The funny thing is that they didn't even notice the huge bags of M&Ms in her purse. They certainly aren't looking too hard for those scary weapons.

DamonK

Heh heh, not really the south sound, cause I was in renton... But, you should have seen the look on my exwife's new boyfriend's face when I dropped my daughter today! Friggin' priceless man!!! I know I should probably feel bad, but nope, it was beautiful :D

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

DamonK

I think either you have an odd sense of humor or you forgot the word "off" in your post :)

Ah crap, good catch! Yeah, when I dropped her off I was wearing my 1911 on my side with my normal jeans and a tshirt. The look on his face(he was trying to sneak out before I got there) was priceless. To be clear, unless you're posing a threat to me or my family, I'm harmless as a fly. But man oh man :cool:

SeattleWingsfan

thought I saw a unicorn saturday at big5 in lakewood when I picked up a new toy. We talked for a second as I was filling out my paperwork. He said he was LEO, I noticed his firearm on his side and he quickly covered it up. I said do you open carry or concealed. He said he really doesn't open carry, because he likes to not give away any advantage to the bad guys. BTW when I asked, he said he was subcontracted to DHS. Not quite sure what that means, you'd think DHS was big enough as it is without hiring private contractors.

My only complaint in open carry is the idiots that say things like "don't shoot anyone today", or "I hope I don't do anything to piss you off". Like we are going to snap and off someone for taking the last box of cookies of the shelf or something equally meaningless.

Saturday standing inline at the Safeway Western Union counter in lakewood, a banker/lawyer looking guy said "Why do you think you need a gun at the grochiery store? You could accidently kill someone." To which before I could even reply, a older gentlmen wearing a army verterans hat said "You need to get a clue mister". I about fell over laughing. He took his uptite ass out of line and left. The Vet said nice gun, don't give liberal idiots a second thought. Best experience yet.

DamonK

thought I saw a unicorn saturday at big5 in lakewood when I picked up a new toy. We talked for a second as I was filling out my paperwork. He said he was LEO, I noticed his firearm on his side and he quickly covered it up. I said do you open carry or concealed. He said he really doesn't open carry, because he likes to not give away any advantage to the bad guys. BTW when I asked, he said he was subcontracted to DHS. Not quite sure what that means, you'd think DHS was big enough as it is without hiring private contractors.

My only complaint in open carry is the idiots that say things like "don't shoot anyone today", or "I hope I don't do anything to piss you off". Like we are going to snap and off someone for taking the last box of cookies of the shelf or something equally meaningless.

Saturday standing inline at the Safeway Western Union counter in lakewood, a banker/lawyer looking guy said "Why do you think you need a gun at the grochiery store? You could accidently kill someone." To which before I could even reply, a older gentlmen wearing a army verterans hat said "You need to get a clue mister". I about fell over laughing. He took his uptite ass out of line and left. The Vet said nice gun, don't give liberal idiots a second thought. Best experience yet.

Love it!

TechnoWeenie

BTW when I asked, he said he was subcontracted to DHS.

Code word for 'I work for Mcdonalds part time, and I have a CCW, and I serve TSA, so I'm technically contracted to provide food for them, so I'm 'subcontracted to DHS''.....

IOTW, he's full of ****.

TSA will give you the same 'I'm a federal agent' ******** as well.

Call them on it. Those on the job won't say, or will be very clear who they work for. They will NOT be vague and give you some BS 'DHS' answer.

Munkey Butt

Not sure if this is still and "OC" report thread, but here goes.

First of all I am representing the South End of the South Sound, as I am about a half hours south of Olympia.

I do not have dates but will list places and reactions.

Chehalis- Wal*mart been there several times, buying ammo and general household stuff, Some looks but never any harassment.

Chehalis- Grocery outlet, cashier saw it, but did not react out of the norm.

Chehalis- Called the Chehalis PD on the neighbors (around 10:45 pm), Responding Officer chatted with me for about 10 minutes, then said "what are you carrying there". Told him "9mm". He never said anything about my OC after that.

Lacey- Cabela's, as you could imagine, not much reaction here.

-PJ

SeattleWingsfan

9-4-2012

Lakewood hardware... as expected friendly uneventful.

Cascade Bagel lakewood... not a word said, just a funny look from one lady sitting at a table.

H&L market lakewood... not a word said to me.

Surplus Ammo... Obviously not an issue.

Office Depot Lakewood... smooth interaction. Like always they are overly helpful every 5 minutes they come up and ask if you need help.

Last edited:

SeattleWingsfan

Starbucks lakewood towne center by firestone.

Met another lakewood open carrier for a bit. Two people with guns and the only thing said was by the cashier. something about being jelous and you guys have guns and i don't. I didn't catch it exactly.

We should have a lakewood OC group meet again.

cpgrad08

Starbucks lakewood towne center by firestone.

Met another lakewood open carrier for a bit. Two people with guns and the only thing said was by the cashier. something about being jelous and you guys have guns and i don't. I didn't catch it exactly.

We should have a lakewood OC group meet again.

It was a great time and that is what the Cashier did say.

Freedom1Man

OC walked to the store and stopped for coffee at the StarBucks on the way back. 4 motorcycle cops all hanging out there. They were friendly.

This was in Federal Way they were Federal Way PD and they said the bikes were fast and nimble.

Munkey Butt

OC'ed into the Chehalis deli (near the courthouse, frequented by police and attorneys) got a few glares and strange looks

Also carried into walmart to pick up some liquid essentials no hassles there

-PJ

DCKilla

once I get my gun, I wouldn't mind meeting up with some people in the local area to BS with.
Firearms are not required to meet. Don't let that hold you back. I know your situation from the other thread, don't be discouraged. I think must of us like to get together with other freedom loving folks.