• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

South Sound (Olympia area) meetup 8 July 2012

DamonK

Alright guys, here's the tentative plan. Historical Park in Olympia/Tumwater. They have very nice BBQ and picnic facilities. Also, it's got a great playground for kids, so let's bring them out if we can. I also have a slightly evil itch to look into one of the parks around capitol lake. I'm going to do some scouting this week to see if they have BBQ pits, but if we could make of of those work, that would get us some great public educating opportunities. I mean, I've said hi to the Gov. a couple times walking around that lake! Now wouldn't that be fun? So give me some input on what works for you guys. If you would rather we just have a relaxed hang out deal, we can deffinately do that. But I think potentially we could have some real fun with this. I'll throw some links to the parks I'm looking at so you can see where they are located.

This one is called Heritage park. It might work great. It's right there in downtown Olympia.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=47.0...0.00715,0.013711&num=1&gl=us&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=mara...lympia,+Thurston,+Washington&t=m&z=15&iwloc=A

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=tumw...&cid=0,0,2884629743879287871&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

Schlepnier

Man you know i am up for it, i was thinking about the historical park myself when i was looking around. either way they are all easily accesable right past the county courthouse.

Make a decision and i will spread the word.
:banana:

DamonK

Here's the final plan

Alright guys, here's the plan. July the 8th, at Marathon park, at noon. Techo, if you want to list the stuff that you have that keep from last time, let's get a list going of what we'll need to suppiment.

So here's the final info:
12 noon, 8 July 2012
Marathon Park
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=marat...m&z=15&iwloc=A
Location A, B is just a bus stop on the side of the road.
I'll try and get there earlier if I can to make sure we have a grill. There are restrooms on site, and the park is on Capitol Lake. If the weather is nice, it'll be a very nice setting.

Levi

It might be a good idea to find out who manages the park and put a reservation in with them.

DamonK

It's a city park, and they only do first come first served. But it shouldn't be a problem, it usually isn't crowded.

DamonK

Hope more than just the 3 or 4 of us are planning to show up...

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

LkWd_Don

So here's the final info:
12 noon, 8 July 2012
Marathon Park
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=marat...m&z=15&iwloc=A
Location A, B is just a bus stop on the side of the road.
I'll try and get there earlier if I can to make sure we have a grill. There are restrooms on site, and the park is on Capitol Lake. If the weather is nice, it'll be a very nice setting.

LOL Don't know if it is my computer or what, but when I click that link, it keeps taking me to 32120 Maravat France..

DamonK

Really? Wow... stupid google! Try google mapping marathon park in olympia, wa. It's the park on the far side of the lake from downtown olympia.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Schlepnier

Well we are a week out now, so i guess it is time for supplies-

meat-
buns-
condiments-i got the mustard, ketchup, and mayo, i also plan on grabbing some ice as well.
sides-
untensils/plates/cups-

WOD

Looked like some good farmland though, Maravat that is.... plenty of places to shoot too!

WOD

May want to call the City and see if there are any Events taking place there, it is available for Booking. I followed one of the links that came up, and in the features section, it specifically noted "Events".

WOD

Nevermind.. I checked.

I looked further into their Events and it looks like the 8th is clear!