• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sportsmans Warehouse

badger54

imported post

I have been out of the country visiting relatives for the past few months and recently when onto the Sportsmans Warehouse website and noticed they no longer have any Washington stores listed and I was wondering if anybody knows if they have closed down or been bought out or something.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Interesting.... I know there are stores in Burlington, Federal Way, and Lacey as I have been to all of them recently. Not that there was much in the way on inventory on any of their shelves :(

sempercarry

imported post

I was at the silverdale store about a week ago....looked very much still there

badger54

imported post

That's good to know as I got some gift card for Christmas. I have not had a chance to use yet I just need to hope they have some guns in stock at Burlington or Federal Way that I want to purchase.

Hammer

imported post

badger54 wrote:
That's good to know as I got some gift card for Christmas. I have not had a chance to use yet I just need to hope they have some guns in stock at Burlington or Federal Way that I want to purchase.
Sportsman's Warehouse was bought out- at least all the NW stores- by a Canadian company, named United Farmer's Alberta, or pretty close to that.

Good luck buying a gun in there, Badger. They do get guns passing thru. They aren't on the shelf long. Partly my fault- and that of every other gun lover with a few bucks to spare! :celebrate
Ammo? May as well fuggetaboutit. Unless you're shooting .32-20, .38-40, or some such rarity.

irfner

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Washington storeswill not be honoringdiscount cards after today. It appears to be a three part sale. Some stores will be closing, some will be transfered to the Canadian buyers, and some will be retained by the previous owners. Their inventory is way down and who knows what the final outcome will be.

Vern357

imported post

That makes sense, I was at the Lacey store on thursday and they had next to nothing ammo wise (45 gap was all I could find) and were clearencing out most of their higher end scopes.

G27

imported post

Just a quick note on Sportsman's Warehouse. Stu Utgaard, the owner/CEO had a total of 67 stores as of 3-9-09. Due to opening too many too quickly, the company was unable to get product on credit. As of 11:00 am Tuesday 3-10-09, 23 stores will be closed within the next 30-60 days. All of the Washington stores except Vancouver, all the Idaho stores, except Pocatello and Nampa, and all the Montana stores except Billings, and the Bend Oregon store were bought by a Canadian corporation (UFA), and will continue business. UFA has bought license to use the SW name for 2 years after which it will be renamed. The new name may happen at any time prior to that. With the new ownership, there will be a much better supply of product as well as new items. The remaining 29 stores will stay under the SW umbrella, and continue operation. I can provide a list of closing stores by PM.
Originally posted by Trigger Dr in another thread.

This is on Sportman's Warehouse Website, too.

News March 10, 2009 Stuart Utgaard, the Chairman and CEO of Sportsman's Warehouse Holdings, today announced that the company is taking two major actions to improve liquidity.

1. 23 stores are being liquidated to reduce bank debt.

• Aurora, CO • Coon Rapids, MN • DePere, WI • Henderson, NV • Lafayette, IN • Las Cruces, NM • Las Vegas, NV • Legacy, TX • Memphis, TN • Nampa, ID • New Berlin, WI • Oklahoma City, OK • Pittsburgh, PA • Pocatello, ID • Roanoke, VA • Rogers, AR • Round Rock, TX • St. Cloud, MN • Sioux Falls, SD • Southaven, MS • Visalia, CA • Wichita, KS • Woodbury, MN

2. 15 stores are being sold to UFA Co-op.

• Bend, OR • Bozeman, MT • Burlington, WA • Coeur d’Alene, ID • Fargo, ND • Federal Way, WA • Helena, MT • Kennewick, WA • Lacey, WA • Missoula, MT • Portland, OR • Salem, OR • Silverdale, WA • Spokane, WA • Vancouver, WA

It is hoped that these actions will enable the firm to go forward as a viable entity with approximately 2,300 employees. Sportsman's Warehouse is a leading outdoor retailer of sporting goods headquartered in Midvale, Utah.

Trigger Dr

imported post

badger54 wrote:
I have E-mailed both Sportsmans Warehouse and UFA co-op to find out if the gift cards are still valid.
Read the fine print on the card

Trigger Dr

imported post

There is a simple solution. Get the SKU for the item you want,have a sales person check for the item in one of the stores that has NOT been sold to UFA. If you find the item, go to customer service, tell them that store #xxx has the item. Customer service can then call on the phone, give them the SKU and your gift card number. The item will then be sent to you. No shipping cost on items over $100.

badger54

imported post

I received an email back from Sportsmans Warehouse (SW) and UFA co-op. UFA co-op said they're having discussions with SW corporate in Utah but until a final decision is reached regarding gift cars they are leaving it to the discretion of the store managers. SW gave me a hotline number for UFA co-op but did say I could contact any of their remaining stores and place and order over the phone. (as suggested by Trigger Dr. thanks)

Mainsail

imported post

A Rep from UFA is posting over on THR about this situation:

Gift card resolution

Hi everyone,

We have reached a resolution with Sportsman's Warehouse regarding the gift card issue.

We will be accepting Sportsman's Warehouse gift cards until March 31. After that date, we will no longer be able to redeem the gift cards at the 15 locations purchased by UFA.

We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and we thank you for your patience while awaiting this resolution.

If you have questions, please post them. It may take me a while to get the answers, but I will do my best to get them.

Thanks again,

Mark
also...

Oh, I should also note that we are currently notifying store managers of the resolution. It may take a couple hours for the information to filter down. I recommend you call your local store to make sure they have received the news before you drive down.

badger54

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
A Rep from UFA is posting over on THR about this situation:

Gift card resolution

Hi everyone,

We have reached a resolution with Sportsman's Warehouse regarding the gift card issue.

We will be accepting Sportsman's Warehouse gift cards until March 31. After that date, we will no longer be able to redeem the gift cards at the 15 locations purchased by UFA.

We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and we thank you for your patience while awaiting this resolution.

If you have questions, please post them. It may take me a while to get the answers, but I will do my best to get them.

Thanks again,

Mark
also...

Oh, I should also note that we are currently notifying store managers of the resolution. It may take a couple hours for the information to filter down. I recommend you call your local store to make sure they have received the news before you drive down.
I received the same E-mail today unfortunately I won't be back in Washington until early May, so I will have to find out if Sportsmans Warehouse will send firearms to an FFL in Washington.

Mainsail

imported post

I stopped at the SW in Lacy this afternoon, not expecting much, and wasn't dissapointed. Shelves are still bare and there is almost no ammunition. There is, however, a big orange sign on the front door stating that gift cards are good until the 31st, so the message has trickled down to managment.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mainsail wrote:
I stopped at the SW in Lacy this afternoon, not expecting much, and wasn't dissapointed. Shelves are still bare and there is almost no ammunition. There is, however, a big orange sign on the front door stating that gift cards are good until the 31st, so the message has trickled down to managment.
Same thing in Burlington. In fact, the shelves seemed emptier than before.

antispam540

imported post

I was in the Silverdale store a couple weeks ago to get my bow turned up a few pounds, and while the people behind the bow counter were courteous and accomodating (if not overly friendly), the people behind the gun counter couldn't get rid of me and my business-casual-wearing friend fast enough. They had a decent selection of firearms, but the prices seemed a little high. I really do hope they will improve soon, or I'm going to have to find somewhere else to go to drool over guns :\

Trigger Dr

imported post

Antispam,

I work at the Silverdale SW, and would suggest you write a comment to the store manager, NOT the hunting manager. Direct it to Derek Colbert, with a description of the person involved. I guarantee it will be fixed quickly. Was this person about 6'2' 250-275# ? if so that would explain it.