• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Styled guns for Open Carry

Would you Open Carry one of these

• Total voters

sohighlyunlikely

I saw these at Cabela's. I am a more of a chrome/nickle finish fan when looking at personalized guns. At 1st I thought they were to over the top but I am starting to find them interesting.

Doc

IMAG0239.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0239.jpg
    IMAG0239.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I saw these at Cabela's. I am a more of a chrome/nickle finish fan when looking at personalized guns. At 1st I just these were to over the top but I am starting to find their look interesting.

Doc

IMAG0239.jpg

Pretty cool. I have an OD Green SR9 with a black slide that I OC occasionally. I guess this is the next step from that. As long as the finish doesn't affect the functioning of the gun, I say more power to you.

Superlite27

Well, if you can't sell a firearm on the basis of its quality, you might as well come up with a gimmick to try and offload it on neophytes as a conversation piece.

BTW: What kind of firearms are they?

hermannr

There are people out there that like that type of thing, I just do not. My OC's are fully covered in their hunting holsters, so it would make no difference is they were chrome or plain jane, they just happen to be Colt blue, and CZ black.

sohighlyunlikely

Well, if you can't sell a firearm on the basis of its quality, you might as well come up with a gimmick to try and offload it on neophytes as a conversation piece.

BTW: What kind of firearms are they?

Well... It is a Glock. I assure you sales of Glocks are doing quite well. If by some reason you are not familiar with them they are the number one carried firearm carried by police world wide. And if you have ever shot against one in competition shooting. You will see they can be quite the impressive firearm.

Doc

Superlite27

And if you have ever shot against one in competition shooting....

Doc

I've defeated almost every one of them I've encountered.

Of course, they weren't magnaported. Everyone knows magnaporting causes a firearm to automatically hit the ten rings as fast as you can pull the trigger. Some say they may also decrease times from the 18 second range down to around 6 or so in certain scenarios.

Enough to almost be competitive with plain jane XDm's and 3" 1911's (with a reload).

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Not bothered by GLOCK name so much as the snake skin, just never worked for me even in boots etc.

They could have an alternative or engraved gold inlay etc and make the trip just fine but not snake skin so I voted no.

Big Boy

Different strokes for different folks. I don't like them, but I wouldn't hold it against any one who did.

Morpheus97

I'm on the mailing list for glockstore.com. Their latest catalog lists several patterns that can be applied to the frame, slide, or both. Since I don't own a glock, I was curious if they would apply the pattern to other firearms. I'll bring the catalog to Pacific on Sunday.

peterarthur

I've defeated almost every one of them I've encountered.

Of course, they weren't magnaported. Everyone knows magnaporting causes a firearm to automatically hit the ten rings as fast as you can pull the trigger. Some say they may also decrease times from the 18 second range down to around 6 or so in certain scenarios.

Enough to almost be competitive with plain jane XDm's and 3" 1911's (with a reload).

Umm, ok.

Well, you are obviously going to the matches where the biggest shooters in IDPA are NOT :) And shooting in a different class, too, I think. Isn't the XDm ESP class (dual, then single)?

Glocks and Berettas are the most consistent winners overall. David Sevigny has dominated with a Glock for years and
David Olhassa has made the Beretta 92 a legend at IDPA.

The Smith 9 has been in the top 3, too. CZ and Taurus are worth mentioning for DA only.

All of these are the stock auto division, Stock Service Pistol (SSP), by far the most popular. This class outnumbers the other 4 combined.

Granted, the XDm is a great firearm, but it is NOT dominating IDPA. Maybe you are doing well, but that would be an exception :) If so, congrats!!

The main reason to shoot SSP is real world application. Why is the Glock most popular? Because it is the choice of professionals whose lives depend on reliability. Soft recoil and consistent, easy trigger pull.

"The point is, the Glock and the other double-action autos dominate police work and defensive shooting, for good reasons. It's no surprise to see them often beating the cocked-and-locked guns in IDPA tournaments." -- Massad Ayoob, who also said, "As an instructor, I need to stay familiar with the different types students bring, so I generally change guns every training cycle: Glock, Beretta, 1911, SIG, DA revolver, etc. When working in uniform (rare now) I carry PD issue, Ruger P345."

Don't hate on the plastic pistol! :D Peace and be safe.

Last edited:

SickPythons

Thanks for sharing these - Who knew you could make a Glock more ugly?

I'm all about looks when it comes to guns. Call me shallow, but if I'm going to spend my hard-earned dough on something, I want it to look nice.

But for the actual question... No, I wouldn't carry those examples, but there are plenty of churched-up guns that I would OC.