• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sux 2B U II. Study shows vaping flavor, nicotine, cannabis is linked to adolescents' propensity for crime

Doug_Nightmare

Washington Island, WISCONSIN. Out in Lake Michigan
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2019-05-vaping-linked-adolescents-propensity-crime.html
[ ... ]
Using a nationally representative sample of 8th and 10th graders in 2017, Jackson found that adolescents who vape are at an elevated risk of engaging in criminal activities such as violence and property theft. He also found that teens who vape marijuana are at a significantly higher risk of violent and property offenses than youth who ingest marijuana through traditional means.

He believes that these findings might be explained by the ability to conceal an illegal substance through the mechanism of vaping, which can reduce the likelihood of detection and apprehension among youth who vape illicit substances and thereby embolden them to engage other delinquent behaviors.[ ... ]
Dylan B. Jackson et al. It's all the rage! Exploring the nuances in the link between vaping and adolescent delinquency, Journal of Criminal Justice (2019). DOI: 10.1016/j.jcrimjus.2019.04.004

solus

This august associate professor in the past has produced 'studies' on:

1. Sleep and Preteen delinquency 12/2017
2. early childhood neuropsychological deficits - low self-control and misconduct through early adolescence 7/2013
3. toddlerhood tv viewing predict social difficulties and conduct problems 8/18
4. early paternal involvement predict offspring development diagnoses 12/2016
5. poor quality nutrition and childhood antisocial behaviour. 3/2016
6. adverse housing conditions and early onset delinquency 9/2017
7. household food insecurity during childhood and adolescent misconduct 3/2017

and 7 more studies on different factors in predicting/explaining/rationalizing adolescent delinquency.

[my favorite breastfeeding duration and offspring conduct problems - ya he followed a representative sample for 17-20 years from boob to delinquency- right!!]

Oh ya...each study, as PI has a different 'student' co-author...nothing like meeting university publication mandates while tagg'n your student's thesis or pre-dissertation work!

as usual, nightmare, much to do about absolutely nothing as it self-serving propaganda with minimal explanation how the sample went from oils to vaping maryjane!

thanks, I needed that laugh...i should go stomp on my caregiver's grave for messing up my breastfeeding duration which caused my 'conduct problems'...

FreedomVA

Glad to hear it. I need to believe some fake news, specially when declared so by an upstanding member of the NOT-deplorable community. Back to skoo Faux U. wid’ you.

They all have agendas and they will protect it at whatever cause.

still attending nite skool