• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

T-Shirt order possible read more inside!

boyscout399

mocatshirt4.jpg

I like it, The Constitution was ratified in 1788 and took effect in 1789 though. Before that it was the Articles of Confederation.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
I like it, The Constitution was ratified in 1788 and took effect in 1789 though. Before that it was the Articles of Confederation.

Independence Day, commonly known as the Fourth of July, is a federal holiday in the United States commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776, declaring independence from the Kingdom of Great Britain.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness..............we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes and our sacred honor."

Thomas Jefferson was one of our notable scholars of the time and was undoubtedly greatly influenced by reading
John Locke
and his treatise on natural rights. Indeed some of the thinking on the subject goes back to the Romans.

Those rights being natural rights, the ones that they cannot be denied, became defined as "unalienable rights" in the Declaration of Independence long before the Constitution was written.

That we, as Americans, celebrate these Rights as having been declared in 1776 is most fitting.

boyscout399

Oh yeah forgot about "unalienable rights" in the DOI. I was thinking of 2A in the Constitution. Good call :)

Plus I thought it might spark discussion from people who were like "1789? What happened in 1789?

boyscout399

Does anyone know how to make them high-def? I can't seem to get them to be a high enough pixel rate? to be blown up large on a t-shirt in good quality

You have to start with a high def image, you can't take a low def and suddenly make it high def, you'll just end up with a blurry high def image...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You will like need to check with someone familiar with graphic arts.

Our (VCDL) logo has been digitally produced. It can be blown up to billboard size or reduced to a small coin without loss of clarity. It is this that we submit for use with all products. I would think that with the fine line shading et al, that would be the only solution for you.