• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

T-Shirt order possible read more inside!

ep0k

Disrespect for the flag

It's a symbol, and it's being used respectfully. I'm an OIF vet; I've shed blood and lost friends trying to uphold the principles that flag represents and I don't have an issue with it.

boyscout399

It's a symbol, and it's being used respectfully. I'm an OIF vet; I've shed blood and lost friends trying to uphold the principles that flag represents and I don't have an issue with it.

Though I respect your opinion and your service, and I recognize that it's being used respectfully. I still believe it's against US Flag Code and an inappropriate use of the flag. The flag should be flown, not worn, ever.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Though I respect your opinion and your service, and I recognize that it's being used respectfully. I still believe it's against US Flag Code and an inappropriate use of the flag. The flag should be flown, not worn, ever.

Not reopening that debate, which in truth you have just reopened and not taking to task the use of the word "ever," even in your chagrin you admit the use of the image as depicted is "respectful." The US Flag Code is intended to be a set of guidelines for showing respect to the flag of our nation not a capital crime.

Giving one's opinion and even offering support evidence is good. Continuing to take an unrelenting stance after withdrawing from the issue, not so much.

boyscout399

Not reopening that debate, which in truth you have just reopened and not taking to task the use of the word "ever," even in your chagrin you admit the use of the image as depicted is "respectful." The US Flag Code is intended to be a set of guidelines for showing respect to the flag of our nation not a capital crime.

Giving one's opinion and even offering support evidence is good. Continuing to take an unrelenting stance after withdrawing from the issue, not so much.

I never withdrew from the issue and I won't. It's a matter of principle for me as I said in my last comment about it. I will not step down from that view and will voice it till I'm 6 feet under. In my last post about the issue I did try to redirect the thread back to the design and away from the debate, but that redirection was not because I was withdrawing from the issue it's because I wanted to redirect the thread back to the design of the shirt...

If MOCA picks the flag design as it's final decision, so be it. I will choose not to wear it, which will be a bummer for me because I would love to promote the organization more. That's my decision. Sorry to ruffle feathers.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
....snip......I would love to promote the organization more. That's my decision.

Then go ye and be fruitful. :D

Promote the organization in a positive manner.

Ask not what MOCA can do for you, but what you can do for MOCA and thereby Maine. That's much more difficult, putting aside personal thinking, than many would understand.

boyscout399

Then go ye and be fruitful. :D

Promote the organization in a positive manner.

Ask not what MOCA can do for you, but what you can do for MOCA and thereby Maine. That's much more difficult, putting aside personal thinking, than many would understand.

lol, I promote MOCA plenty. To my knowledge I'm the only MOCA member who was arrested for OCing. I was promoting OC 2 years before MOCA even existed. I have had police officers pointing their guns at me on THREE occasions while OCing. I have been stopped by the police on nearly a dozen occasions and have stood my ground for the right to OC. I have spent countless hours memorizing statutes in order to better stand up for liberty in the face of tyranny. I OC EVERY day. I don't think anyone else can say that they ALWAYS carry, and I don't fault the people who don't because they can't. Shane can't because of school, and I know he would if he could. But I guarantee I OC more than anyone in this state. Don't tell me I'm not doing enough, and certainly don't ask me to set aside my principles by wearing a shirt I don't agree with. I will support MOCA in other ways. I would not do it by wearing that shirt though. I would do it by wearing a shirt I did think was appropriate. I would not set aside principle for anything. I am bound to my principles, my integrity, and my honor.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
l Don't tell me I'm not doing enough, and certainly don't ask me to set aside my principles by wearing a shirt I don't agree with. I will support MOCA in other ways. I would not do it by wearing that shirt though. I would do it by wearing a shirt I did think was appropriate. I would not set aside principle for anything. I am bound to my principles, my integrity, and my honor.

No I (the understood subject [You] of your imperative sentence) do not. You may wrap yourself in any raiment you see fit and may do as you will.

I frequently exhort people to step forward and do positive things and the fault of that is....?

damienrr

mocatshirt1.jpg

mocatshirt.jpg

this one works Shane. might as well use the MOCA logo

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
I'm unsure how we could make the MOCA logo for a black t-shirt? Although I think I'm just going to upload them to either zazzle or another website like that where people can simply login and purchase their own.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I'm unsure how we could make the MOCA logo for a black t-shirt? Although I think I'm just going to upload them to either zazzle or another website like that where people can simply login and purchase their own.

I suspect it would be a four color process to do black T-shirts - white, then blue, then red and last black. The black outer ring/border might then need a narrow/fine white outer ring - accomplished in the first process by making the white disk larger - presuming you wish to keep the black border in place.

White T-shirts only require 3 colors and therefore may less expensive.

But what do I know, I concentrate on center of mass. :D

Hope that you have a high definition, digital image available to retain the detail.

Last edited:

Claytron

lol, I promote MOCA plenty. To my knowledge I'm the only MOCA member who was arrested for OCing. I was promoting OC 2 years before MOCA even existed. I have had police officers pointing their guns at me on THREE occasions while OCing. I have been stopped by the police on nearly a dozen occasions and have stood my ground for the right to OC. I have spent countless hours memorizing statutes in order to better stand up for liberty in the face of tyranny. I OC EVERY day. I don't think anyone else can say that they ALWAYS carry, and I don't fault the people who don't because they can't. Shane can't because of school, and I know he would if he could. But I guarantee I OC more than anyone in this state. Don't tell me I'm not doing enough, and certainly don't ask me to set aside my principles by wearing a shirt I don't agree with. I will support MOCA in other ways. I would not do it by wearing that shirt though. I would do it by wearing a shirt I did think was appropriate. I would not set aside principle for anything. I am bound to my principles, my integrity, and my honor.

So once someone from moca gets arrested twice does that mean they have one-upped you?

Dont get me wrong dude OCing is great and all but simply DOING it, then "flaunting" an arrest doesnt really seem to help anyone or anything having to do with the cause.

That being sad i have to admit i find it incredibly silly that someone would get so worked up over a flag. If someone was ******** on it and setting it on fire and screaming "SCREW AMERICA!" then i could see taking issue with it but come on..... When people start getting OFFENDED because a flag is tilted downwards or because its on the wrong sleeve then we seriously need to take a step back from the situation and really think about why we are getting so upset.

boyscout399

So once someone from moca gets arrested twice does that mean they have one-upped you?

Dont get me wrong dude OCing is great and all but simply DOING it, then "flaunting" an arrest doesnt really seem to help anyone or anything having to do with the cause.

That being sad i have to admit i find it incredibly silly that someone would get so worked up over a flag. If someone was ******** on it and setting it on fire and screaming "SCREW AMERICA!" then i could see taking issue with it but come on..... When people start getting OFFENDED because a flag is tilted downwards or because its on the wrong sleeve then we seriously need to take a step back from the situation and really think about why we are getting so upset.

It's not a piece of cloth. The flag is considered a living symbol of our country. THE most sacred symbol of our country is our flag. Wearing it's likeness is clearly defined as a disrespect to the flag in the US Flag Code. This is Federal Law. It's breaking federal law to wear the flag. Granted there's no penalty for breaking this law, you are still breaking federal law. I'm sorry you disagree with the vehemence that I defend this flag, but I consider it something in need of defense. It's little things like this that lead down the slippery slope to major disrespect. Look at history, do you think George Washington would have worn a t-shirt with the flag's likeness printed on it, or do you think he would have had more respect for the flag he helped put in place?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
---snip---do you think George Washington would have worn a t-shirt with the flag's likeness printed on it.........

LOL - interesting image, but to answer the question if the dress style and such were of today, I indeed think he might along with exchanging his sword for a 1911. :lol:

Claytron

It's not a piece of cloth. The flag is considered a living symbol of our country. THE most sacred symbol of our country is our flag. Wearing it's likeness is clearly defined as a disrespect to the flag in the US Flag Code. This is Federal Law. It's breaking federal law to wear the flag. Granted there's no penalty for breaking this law, you are still breaking federal law. I'm sorry you disagree with the vehemence that I defend this flag, but I consider it something in need of defense. It's little things like this that lead down the slippery slope to major disrespect. Look at history, do you think George Washington would have worn a t-shirt with the flag's likeness printed on it, or do you think he would have had more respect for the flag he helped put in place?

Well to be completely frank, i think that if just wearing something's likeness is federally illegal then it proves how completely ignorant and assbackwards the laws of this country can be.

This is the law. Its against the law. Thats federally illegal..... Since when did the law become the end-all be-all of whats right or wrong? The federal government will invade the house of an AIDS patient whos dying on his bed and steal his state-legal but federally-illegal medicine and put him in jail, yet you defend their choice to make it illegal for some redneck to show his misguided pride in his country by wearing some garment that has a flag on it?

What means more, the symbol of freedom or the actual freedom it symbolizes?