• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Take It Easy All

Beretta92FSLady

So, after much contemplation, I have decided to break loose from this forum.--the only forum that I am a member.

I used to own a business, and six years ago I closed-up shop. Recently, I reopened my business, and need to occupy my time with other activities.

This forum has been the sole forum hangout for me, since 2009-ish?; every Liberal forum I have ever been been a member--a pro-Firearm Liberal forum does not exist as far as I am aware, how weird would that be!--, well, I've been banned LOL; the acceptance of difference of opinion speaks volumes to this wonderful forum.

I hope that I didn't get too many people worked-up here. I have an almost bulletproof skin--you develop it when you're someone like me--, and have a tendency play a bit too rough from time to time.

May all of your wildest dreams come true. Seriously, take it easy ladies, and gentlemen.

Be well out there,

~Sara Mae

"The cost of liberty is less than the price of repression."
-- Quote by W.E.B. DuBois

(Wouldn't that suck if this quote wasn't accurate?)

palerider116

Sara Mae,

I wish you the best with your business. I would ask you to reconsider your departure. A difference of opinions keeps the waters from becoming stagnate.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
:banana::banana::banana:

You are no gentleman. Worse, you are becoming just like those that we here on OCDO count as our enemies.

Dancing in the blood of others, when done by either side, merely deminishes that side's credibility.

To be honest I do not recognize who Sara Mae* is, or what her screen personality was like. It appears that she has learned her lesson one post too late. That's sad.

Regardless, I wish her well. I'd say the same for Sarah Brady, or Josh Sugarman, or even Mikey Bloomberg if they had been on OCDO and learned the hard lessons of life but just not quick enough to be able to remain a member. (That does not mean I would not be tearing, in a polite, refined way, into them as long as they held and espoused the thoughts for which they are known to us.)

While I detest "NO GUNS" signs, I could become tolerant of "NO DANCING" signs - as long as they were not enforcing some .gov edict.

stay safe.

* MUCHISIMUS OOPS!

I had not recognized the new avatar and did not look at the screen name. Yes, I know of the OP very well. IIRC we have traded opinions on an occassion or two. She was almost as much a PITA when pushing a point as I am known to be - just she pushed different points at times and did have a way of not playing nice with others when pushing her point.

I am still saddened that she learned her lesson one post too late. More importantly, I am still sad that there has been dancing in the blood that has been spilled.

Last edited:

eye95

meh. OCDO is a better place now. I saw her posts here as destructive and not constructive. The sentiment I expressed is an honestly held one.

Moving on.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I hope that I didn't get too many people worked-up here. I have an almost bulletproof skin--you develop it when you're someone like me--, and have a tendency play a bit too rough from time to time.

I've kind of been intending to say the same thing to you. But I take it from this post that your thick skin has probably protected you from having any personal antipathy towards me.

We frequently disagree, but I value disagreement – even argument. And beneath it all, I actually like you. So I, for one, am sorry to see you go.

Frankly, there are a few dancing bananas in this thread I'd be far happier to see vacate the premises. (Even then, I wouldn't gloat.)

Last edited:

Red Dawg

i've kind of been intending to say the same thing to you. But i take it from this post that your thick skin has probably protected you from having any personal antipathy towards me.

We frequently disagree, but i value disagreement – even argument. And beneath it all, i actually like you. So i, for one, am sorry to see you go.

Frankly, there are a few dancing bananas in this thread i'd be far happier to see vacate the premises. (even then, i wouldn't gloat.)

yep!!!

SavageOne

I can't say I always agreed with you, but I will say I didn't always disagree with you. You seem to be a person of strong opinion and fierce belief. These are admirable traits, even when they are simultaneously frustrating. :)

I have sneaking suspicion you will return, even if only occasionally, to lend your unique perspective to a topic. At least, that is my hope.

Best to you and yours

Rob

sudden valley gunner

You'll be back.....we get under that tough skin of yours. ;)

Like others have said well wishes, and hopefully we will run into each other again. Like we did while you where open carrying at the Seattle gun buy back!

Long live PIE!

EMNofSeattle

meh. OCDO is a better place now. I saw her posts here as destructive and not constructive. The sentiment I expressed is an honestly held one.

Moving on.

I know if everyone agreed with you this whole forum would be move more constructive.

I think I'm going to start an interactive counter of how many times eye95 "moves along" because he seems to "move along" quite a bit.....

WalkingWolf

I know if everyone agreed with you this whole forum would be move more constructive.

I think I'm going to start an interactive counter of how many times eye95 "moves along" because he seems to "move along" quite a bit.....

Well, when others will not bend to his demands he has no choice but to "move along".

nonameisgood

Sorry to hear you are leaving us. Disagreement brings growth, and most of us are better for having heard your opinions.

Good luck with your business, I wish you much success.

John

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What? Did a good-bye suddenly erase from y'all's memory her extensive history of intellectual disconnect, self-contradiction, evasions, and dismissiveness?

I'm with Eye95 on this one. Glad she is leaving--she contributed little to nothing except friction. You can't even count her as valid debate exercise, except in the most rudimentary way, because of her tactics.

Best wishes to her. Sincerely. I wouldn't wish her mental and emotional difficulties on my worst enemy.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
What? Did a good-bye suddenly erase from y'all's memory her extensive history of intellectual disconnect, self-contradiction, evasions, and dismissiveness?

No. But I long ago learned if I let folks' lack of skill in debate, or their political views, dictate my feelings about them as a person, I wouldn't have any friends. That's not to say I have infinite tolerance – I consider the three dancing bananas above to be the product of a person I could never call a friend. But B92FSL has never crossed that line, for me at any rate. She's just a typical leftist. Something like 1/5 of Americans are, doncha know.

Debate is not a taught skill anymore. Most people never learn it.

Also she was a nice reminder that, while we'll still battle over "assault weapons" and BGCs, the right to armed self-defense isn't going anywhere in America. In fact, the concept is stronger than it's been in over a century.

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
How childish.

???

I know of no convention that requires warmth or solemnity when a person who has caused as much friction as she leaves.

Pretty much any sentiment between "good riddance" (hostility) and "thank god!" (relief), even "hallelujah" (elation), is legitimate for this one.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No. But I long ago learned if I let folks' lack of skill in debate, or their political views, dictate my feelings about them as a person, I wouldn't have any friends. That's not to say I have infinite tolerance – I consider the three dancing bananas above to be the product of a person I could never call a friend. But B92FSL has never crossed that line, for me at any rate. She's just a typical leftist. Something like 1/5 of Americans are, doncha know.

It's not a taught skill anymore. Most people never learn it.

Also she was a nice reminder that, while we'll still battle over "assault weapons" and BGCs, the right to armed self-defense isn't going anywhere in America. In fact, the concept is stronger than its been in over a century.

You're bragging again. :p:)

Who cares about her political views or debate skill. Its the other characteristics I mentioned.