• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thank you John Lott

eye95

I know this has changed recently, but doesn't Alabama have constitutional carry now? Doesn't seem like they are similar anymore.

With all the work that appears to need doing in Ohio, why do citizens of Ohio come to the Ky. sub-forum of OCDO and attempt to malign and diminish the advances in the RKBA in Ky.? Is it jealousy or is it just the feelings of impotence that comes with their own inability to make any meaningful advances in their own state?

Can anybody that lives or spends time in Ky. say that things are not better now that they were 25 years ago? We have an excellent concealed carry law, we have an effective preemption law and now we have constitutional carry. There are a few problems left, but they will be dealt with, in time. I hear a great deal of dissatisfaction from some people on this board, but I never hear any offers from them to join in and share the work required to make these advances come about. I never see them walking the hallways of the Capital annex, I never hear them testify in committee meetings, I never bump into them in the waiting rooms while waiting to talk to a legislator. I never see any donation come into KC3 to help pay the bills. All I ever see or hear from them is the whining that appears on the pages of OCDO. I suspect that these people do not work well in groups. You know, "does not play well with others." I also suspect that they do not want to expose themslves to the failures that naturally go along with working to change laws. We failed for four years before we got this done. It can be very frustrating. Not everybody can handle the fact that your failures will exceed your victories by a factor of 10.

I wish that changes could come more quickly and more completely in Ky. but I have come to see that by taking small steps we can accomplish something as opposed to screaming for more advanced reforms and pounding our chests to proclaim that we are the "true believers" in the constitution while gaining nothing for years and years. I think it can best be likened to a comparison between loud, blaring, vulgar rap music on the radio and the sound of a really fine orchestra playing beautiful classical music.
I have not heard anything regarding constitutional carry in Alabama.

Not everyone from Ohio is bemoaning progress in KY. I’m not.

My personal preference for ending infringements in State laws is National Preemption (decidedly NOT National Reciprocity). When I get a chance, I will post a thread with the text.

gutshot II

I have not heard anything regarding constitutional carry in Alabama.

Not everyone from Ohio is bemoaning progress in KY. I’m not.

My personal preference for ending infringements in State laws is National Preemption (decidedly NOT National Reciprocity). When I get a chance, I will post a thread with the text.
I know that everyone in Ohio does not think and act with one mind. My post was not direct at you. You and the things you post do not fit the description of posts that I was referring to.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
gutshot II, you are a funny guy. Like Bernie Madoff, the con job, at some point, gets discovered. What did your constitutional carry bill get you other than the repeal of a tax? Can you carry concealed in places that you can open carrying? No. You can open carry in the state house. Can you conceal carry in the state house under this constitutional carry privilege? That's a big fat no. Can state employees carry concealed on the job under this fantastic new repealing of a tax. Another big fat no.

So gutshot II, other that not paying a tax for a privilege, what benefit did you gain with the passage of constitutional carry? Not a damn thing.

It looks like you drank your own kool-aid.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
With all the work that appears to need doing in Ohio, why do citizens of Ohio come to the Ky. sub-forum of OCDO and attempt to malign and diminish the advances in the RKBA in Ky.? Is it jealousy or is it just the feelings of impotence that comes with their own inability to make any meaningful advances in their own state?
No, I'm the guy telling you-all that the king has no clothes. Truth, you can't handle the truth. Advances? Other than not having to pay a tax, what benefit has constitutional carry got you? Not a damn thing.

gutshot II

gutshot II, you are a funny guy. Like Bernie Madoff, the con job, at some point, gets discovered. What did your constitutional carry bill get you other than the repeal of a tax? Can you carry concealed in places that you can open carrying? No. You can open carry in the state house. Can you conceal carry in the state house under this constitutional carry privilege? That's a big fat no. Can state employees carry concealed on the job under this fantastic new repealing of a tax. Another big fat no.

So gutshot II, other that not paying a tax for a privilege, what benefit did you gain with the passage of constitutional carry? Not a damn thing.

It looks like you drank your own kool-aid.

WOW! What a tangle of misinformation. This is such a mess that even the great and knowledgeable gutshot II may not be able to extract you from this quagmire of ignorance that you have lapsed into. Here let see if I can help you untangle your mess.

1. Can you carry concealed in places that you can open carrying?
A.Not all of them, but most. There are a few places where you can open carry and concealed carry is not allowed. There can be no penalty for carrying concealed in any place where open carry is legal. The passage of SB 150 makes no changes in any of that. SB 150 makes no change in places where you can carry or people that may carry. It just says that a license is no longer REQUIRED.
2. Can state employees carry concealed on the job under this fantastic new repealing of a tax.
A. Yes. Ky. state employees have always been able to carry openly or concealed at their choice while at work, except for a few employees of the dept. of corrections, those transporting prisoners and a few others. SB 150 does not affect that practice in any way except that a state employee that does not have a CCDW will be able to carry concealed as well as openly as long as he can legally own a gun.
3. So gutshot II, other that not paying a tax for a privilege, what benefit did you gain with the passage of constitutional carry? Not a damn t. thing.
A. You may be partially right here, but mostly wrong. I, gutshot II, did not gain a thing and never expected to. I live and breath only to serve others and unlike many here at OCDO do not hesitate to battle injustice even when there is no benefit for me. I will never give up my CCDW, I need it to travel to backward ass states like Ohio. The people that obeyed the law and had no CCDW and those that carried in violation of the law have gained the peace of mind of knowing that they will not be arrested and convicted of a crime for putting on a coat while carrying a gun. The people of Ky. have regained a small piece of liberty. I am a river of liberty, flowing to the people of Ky.
4. You can open carry in the state house. Can you conceal carry in the state house under this constitutional carry privilege?
A. Yes. We have been able to open carry in our state owned buildings since 1792 when Ky became a state, including our Capitol building. We have been able to carry concealed weapons with the proper license in state owned buildings, including our Capitol building since concealed carry became legal in 1996. I will admit that there are a few limitations on concealed carry like in committee meetings, but even then you will just be asked to leave the meeting. There can be no criminal penalty. SB 150 makes no changes to where a concealed weapon can be carried, no matter if the carrier is licensed or not. I have had many, many meetings with my Senator and Representative while I was carrying concealed and other meetings where I was carrying openly. My Senator carries concealed every day. I don't know of my Representative ever carrying a gun, but it is possible that he is just discrete about it.

I hope this short tutorial has been helpful. Thank you for inquiring.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
WOW! What a tangle of misinformation. This is such a mess that even the great and knowledgeable gutshot II may not be able to extract you from this quagmire of ignorance that you have lapsed into. Here let see if I can help you untangle your mess.

1. Can you carry concealed in places that you can open carrying?
A.Not all of them, but most. There are a few places where you can open carry and concealed carry is not allowed. There can be no penalty for carrying concealed in any place where open carry is legal. The passage of SB 150 makes no changes in any of that. SB 150 makes no change in places where you can carry or people that may carry. It just says that a license is no longer REQUIRED.
2. Can state employees carry concealed on the job under this fantastic new repealing of a tax.
A. Yes. Ky. state employees have always been able to carry openly or concealed at their choice while at work, except for a few employees of the dept. of corrections, those transporting prisoners and a few others. SB 150 does not affect that practice in any way except that a state employee that does not have a CCDW will be able to carry concealed as well as openly as long as he can legally own a gun.
3. So gutshot II, other that not paying a tax for a privilege, what benefit did you gain with the passage of constitutional carry? Not a damn t. thing.
A. You may be partially right here, but mostly wrong. I, gutshot II, did not gain a thing and never expected to. I live and breath only to serve others and unlike many here at OCDO do not hesitate to battle injustice even when there is no benefit for me. I will never give up my CCDW, I need it to travel to backward ass states like Ohio. The people that obeyed the law and had no CCDW and those that carried in violation of the law have gained the peace of mind of knowing that they will not be arrested and convicted of a crime for putting on a coat while carrying a gun. The people of Ky. have regained a small piece of liberty. I am a river of liberty, flowing to the people of Ky.
4. You can open carry in the state house. Can you conceal carry in the state house under this constitutional carry privilege?
A. Yes. We have been able to open carry in our state owned buildings since 1792 when Ky became a state, including our Capitol building. We have been able to carry concealed weapons with the proper license in state owned buildings, including our Capitol building since concealed carry became legal in 1996. I will admit that there are a few limitations on concealed carry like in committee meetings, but even then you will just be asked to leave the meeting. There can be no criminal penalty. SB 150 makes no changes to where a concealed weapon can be carried, no matter if the carrier is licensed or not. I have had many, many meetings with my Senator and Representative while I was carrying concealed and other meetings where I was carrying openly. My Senator carries concealed every day. I don't know of my Representative ever carrying a gun, but it is possible that he is just discrete about it.

I hope this short tutorial has been helpful. Thank you for inquiring.
All that talk just to disguise your admittance that all "constitutional carry" got the people of KY is nothing other than the repealing of a tax for the privilege of carrying concealed.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I can detect nothing here but the taste of sour grapes.
It is nice to see that you have turned over a new leaf in a confessional way by admitting you attacked me over sour grapes. Your sour grapes over the fact that "constitutional carry" was not a victory but a bust.
Get a good night sleep. You will feel better in the morning.

Ghost1958

I'm the first to point out its not constitution carry . That ship sailed in this nation many decades ago.

Buy in its defense it removes about 170.00 dollars in expense to get a ccdw to cc in ky.

Granted more folks cc without getting one than did, but it helped out some folks to shy to OC or needing to past a no gun sign.

gutshot II

CCDW law is a good example.
It passed in the mid nineties. Not accepted then, by 2000 we would have had permit less concealed carry . Instead, " small ,unconstitutional steps " were taken to get ccdw passed in order to do "something".
I would love to see one shred of evidence of the bolded portion. You are always heavy on opinion, hyperbolic language, rhetoric and long tales but short on proof, documents, links and other resources that grown-ups use.

I can honestly say before ccdw I had never seen a no gun sign and open carried anywhere I wanted too.
I suspect that the universe of things that you have never seen and things you have never heard about is quite large.

And anyone wanting to cc simply did. As they had the right to do.
So you are saying that all those people that were convicted of violating KRS 527.020 (carrying a concealed deadly weapon) were pardoned. Jefferson Circuit courts alone furnished residence for 100's of violators.

As to the rest. One Kc3 doesn't have a working website , that can be found anyway.

Now here we have a dilemma. I am currently occupied in trying to educate a man from Ohio about how to read and the basic in's and out's of Ky. law. Quite frankly, the task is stretching my abilities, He is a very slow learner. Can somebody else assist the poster here and show him how to do a google search for KC3.com. I would try myself, but frankly he is too unpleasant a person for me to deal with directly and he is habitually, if not always, incorrect.

Last edited:

eye95

It ain’t that hard to find. I didn’t even bother typing kc3.com. I duck-duck-went “Kentucky concealed ca” and up the site popped.

Even from Ohio I was able to do it!

OC for ME

Last post was October 2018. Last announcement was for the raffle this past January 2019. I need to be a little more diligent when wandering the various 2A organization websites. The cased AR was nice, especially the case.

gutshot II

Last post was October 2018. Last announcement was for the raffle this past January 2019. I need to be a little more diligent when wandering the various 2A organization websites. The cased AR was nice, especially the case.
You missed that one. Drawing was held a month ago. Won by a man from Arkansas. It was a unique model. It was tough getting people interested in it. When first asked to buy a raffle ticket on an AR the most common response was, "I have two of them"
and then they were gone. Once you got a person's attention and they saw how it came apart in 30 seconds and fit in the case, things were different. Then they wanted a ticket
We had to ship the thing to a dealer in Little Rock.

Ghost1958

All those people you call violators ,had the right to carry as they wished . That ky violated the 2A making cc a violation is beside the point.

Yes it would of course be Jefferson county with "100s" of violators. 100s? In all those years just hundreds?

More folks cc NOW than have a ccdw.

As for ccdw yes , just like some wanted to jump on the horrible permit less carry bill the NRA wrote a few years ago that would have saddled us with FOL signs, eh hem (I believe you were one as gutshot1 then, ) ccdw was put through , regardless what ground was given ,just too get it passed. Then. Instead of waiting a few yrs.

With states going to cc carry all around it Ky would have simply made cc the same as OC without all the crap regs .

As far as KC3 it wasn't an active site , though I will admit its been a good while since I bothered to look after the dressing down I saw you give a poster here a few yrs back when he asked about it.

Your going to believe what you will.

I'm not unpleasant until I'm dealing with an unpleasant person.

Ghost1958

Just a sidebar. As did just find a kc3 org that only gives a self serving history, then leads as does kc3.com to something called take back ky.

It does seem active in the Etown Jefferson area .

That's all I could discover. That worked.

Ghost1958

It ain’t that hard to find. I didn’t even bother typing kc3.com. I duck-duck-went “Kentucky concealed ca” and up the site popped.

Even from Ohio I was able to do it!
Try accessing anything but a history page. I can't

Ghost1958

He must have a different internet than the rest of us.

Nope same one. But since I'll be on Lexington, Ashland. and Huntington , I'll be on min three different internet servers.

I'll see if I can access anything else on the kc3.com. ,or kc3.org sites.

Im betting I can't and I'm betting when I can't you'll claim you kc3 birthed the take Ky back organization .

Which it really doesnt matter if I can or can't . Like your history page says. A handful of people took it on themselves in the 90s to speak for all ky gun owners and got us saddled with ccdw ,something we could have avoided and had permit less cc a few yrs later .

Few yrs ago if following your lead to begin with we would have permit less carry along with FOL signage, expanded no carry areas and 25 dollar fines for walking past a no gun sign. Cause " other states have constitutional carry and I want some of it" was your words then. " I'm not afraid of a 25 dollar fine", were too I believe.

Course you were no 1 instead of number 2 then.

Again I'm only unpleasant with someone once they are unpleasant with me.