• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The anti-rights are claiming that pro-rights people left a threating target

Freedom1Man

http://bearingarms.com/womens-group...bafbp&utm_medium=fbpage&utm_campaign=baupdate

An anonymous individual (or individuals) left a target riddled with bullet holes on the doorstep of the Seattle-King County League of Women Voters’ Capitol Hill office over the recent holiday weekend—a message, the LWV believes, about the state chapter’s support for I-594, which would require background checks for gun sales online and at gun shows. A volunteer for the group found the target over the weekend.

Allison Feher, the group’s administrative manager, says the target did not include a note or any indication of who left it.

However, she says it was clearly aimed at the League, given that the only other nonprofit tenants of the building—including the Deaf Blind Service Center, the Helen Keller Center, and Powerful Voices (a group that works to empower young women)—have taken any position on any gun-related issue. “It’s just pretty unlikely that it was aimed at the Deaf Blind Service Center,” she says.

“There’s no other reason why somebody would have left it on the doorstep,” Feher says. “We do have one of those ‘Gun-Free Zone’ stickers on our window, but you’d have to be right up in front of our door to see it.”

These idiots sink rather low....

Primus

If you read the article then you'd realize that the evidence shows that they faked it.

Yea there's some strong "evidence" there from that detective that clearly shows it was fake..

I especially like that "holes are too small and too spread out so clearly they were shooting a bb gun and not aiming"

The author apparently doesn't spend much time at the range around novice shooters or even intermediate shooters.

I want this guy solving murders.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Whitney

Your Take

Yea there's some strong "evidence" there from that detective that clearly shows it was fake..

I especially like that "holes are too small and too spread out so clearly they were shooting a bb gun and not aiming"

The author apparently doesn't spend much time at the range around novice shooters or even intermediate shooters.

I want this guy solving murders.

If you were asked to analyze the target how would you describe it? Yes I am asking you to describe it.

~Whitney

Freedom1Man

If you were asked to analyze the target how would you describe it? Yes I am asking you to describe it.

~Whitney

Um, uh, it's a target that is normally shot at with, uh, guns, and it has holes in it.....

He forgets the other details about Seattle's wind and how that target would not have been there over night or even very long.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Clearly there are many who walk different lines who support a broad range of interest.

In the past, this group (WA OCDO) has demonstrated such actions at a group get together in a statement of their dislike for certain people :lol: yelling out their name and shooting up a target showed just as much immaturity as who ever did this.

Clearly these statements of denying such actions and weak reasoning.
The Statements should be of how we are not in support of this type of acts and that there a faction that is not supported by 2nd Amendment Supporters.

Primus

Um, uh, it's a target that is normally shot at with, uh, guns, and it has holes in it.....

He forgets the other details about Seattle's wind and how that target would not have been there over night or even very long.

Ok even of it was windy... It means it wasn't there very long. Not a very slam dunk case. Does the person who found the target work a set shift? 9-5? Use the same door?

Probably right? So if I was going to leave a notice I wouldn't put it at 2am on a Friday... I'd leave it at 830-850 on Monday morning knowing it was "windy" and would want them to get said notice.

Primus

Conclusion-

Smaller caliber then .22..... Really? Nice forensic analysis based on a photo that you can tell between a .177 and .22. I thought I was the only guy who could tell .05 difference in caliber based on photos. (Heavy sarcasm) Also, would it matter if it wasn't a .22? Is anyone implying that we don't own bb guns as well as firearms?

Shot by someone clearly not trying to make a shot group..... Really? Again... Spend more then 5 minutes at the range. You'll see that some very pro gun guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. And you have no idea what firearm was used or even distance. Heck was that a 100yd shot with a .22 with iron sights? No idea.... Must be fake though.

And the wind thing... That's awesome meteorological forensic s analysis of weather patterns swirls flows and convexation (my new word) of cross feed paths. Except.... We have no idea when it was placed or found. Their timeline is "over the weekend". Wow... That's precise. Also, anyone see the photo of the paper on the floor? See the potted plant? I wonder if that would interfere with the cross flow abduction infliction of the north by southwest winds.... Or used to hold paper down maybe? Or was the paper slid slightly under that door?

I can't say for sure that a pro gun guy did this. But I can say the "evidence" that shows it was staged has more holes then the target paper (but that's because it was staged by a non shooter not trying to make a grouping).

This article is an example of making the facts fit your case not making your case based on the facts.

F350

It could have been anyone, including a member or supporter of LWV in order to paint gun owners in a bad light.

Just like the "N word" yelled at Dems as the marched down the street during the Obamacare circus, hundreds of video cameras and recorders going and not one recorded it. Dems have frequently used alleged threats to get what they want.

Freedom1Man

Conclusion-

Smaller caliber then .22..... Really? Nice forensic analysis based on a photo that you can tell between a .177 and .22. I thought I was the only guy who could tell .05 difference in caliber based on photos. (Heavy sarcasm) Also, would it matter if it wasn't a .22? Is anyone implying that we don't own bb guns as well as firearms?

Shot by someone clearly not trying to make a shot group..... Really? Again... Spend more then 5 minutes at the range. You'll see that some very pro gun guys can't hit the broad side of a barn. And you have no idea what firearm was used or even distance. Heck was that a 100yd shot with a .22 with iron sights? No idea.... Must be fake though.

SNIP

Maybe they were trying to say, "we missed you."

That shot group was horrible, I've seen new Cub Scouts get better groupings with BB gun.

I believe that target is a fake. I believe that those who love liberty would not leave a message that way.

sudden valley gunner

Maybe they were trying to say, "we missed you."

That shot group was horrible, I've seen new Cub Scouts get better groupings with BB gun.

I believe that target is a fake. I believe that those who love liberty would not leave a message that way.

Cant be because even some "pros" cant hit the side of a barn.......;)

cjohnson44546

looks more like 1 shot... from a 410 handgun using small buckshot.. maybe #4 buck?... from too far away for that type of gun

Last edited:

JustaShooter

looks more like 1 shot... from a 410 handgun using small buckshot.. maybe #4 buck?... from too far away for that type of gun

#4 shot is more like .24 caliber, which would appear to be too large from what I can tell. A close examination of the image of the target indicates it is almost certainly an NRA B-17 25/50 Meter UIT Pistol Target, which has a 7 7/8" black center, according to the NRA. On my screen, the black center of the target measures 1.750" making the ratio 4.5:1. The holes in the target measure very close to 0.039-0.040", making the holes about 0.1755-0.180" when scaled. That fits nicely with the analysis in the OP's link that the holes were made by a 0.177" pellet or similarly sized projectile.