• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the final word on the Dayton situation

Legba

imported post

Thank you for a response. I had to wonder what was up. Probably just as well that the Dayton police didn't see the thread and send death squads after me for it - I exaggerate only slightly. They absolutely HATE me, especially after this bogus case got tossed. I still have to file a motion with the city attorney's office to recover my stuff at this rate.

-ljp

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

Legba wrote:
Thank you for a response. I had to wonder what was up. Probably just as well that the Dayton police didn't see the thread and send death squads after me for it - I exaggerate only slightly. They absolutely HATE me, especially after this bogus case got tossed. I still have to file a motion with the city attorney's office to recover my stuff at this rate.

-ljp
No problem.

There were a few other threads that were lost and people were asking what they had done to have their threads deleted.

It all was caused by the b*stard who was spamming the board with cell phone ads. :cuss:

While deleting his threads and him as a user, the threads table became corrupted. I rebuilt it and hoped for no lost data, but a few were lost.

Particle

imported post

Unless you are extremely attached to that city, MOVE. If what happened to my brother is any indication of how police are everywhere, you are not safe staying there once your local cops decide they don't like you.