• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The I team from Channel 8 would like to do a news piece on Open Carry!

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Any way to find out how many crimes took place on Fremont Street that night? I would be VERY curious, especially if it can be known where those dozen police officers were at the time the crime happened.

It should also be noted that jaywalking offenses and violations of the ordinance that prohibits toy firearms being displayed were happening all around us, but their focus stayed on us; the people breaking no laws whatsoever.

CE310QT

Great night. It was my first OC group experience, as I normally just OC when it is too difficult to conceal or I otherwise just cover up. Huge confidence booster.

I was stunned at how many cops came out. I asked my friend why so many came out (he was the sgt) and he wouldn't say why specifically. I know that he is at least a tacit supporter of Open Carry and a HUGE supporter of 2nd Amendment rights in general. He and I have trained Boy Scouts to shoot rifles at a weeklong camp together. I thought it was silly that so many cops came out, even one would seem silly.

I was glad to meet all of you stand-up guys and gals. It was fun.

Look forward to doin it again sometime. I bet people felt really safe.

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
Metro on the other side.

Last time I was there on Fremont Street for the "experience" during bikefest, I oc'd and probably saw a few more officers but NONE on bikes.... I don't know why? LOL

BTW, I've never been given grief in NEVADA for OC'ing at any time except for the Boulder Dam thing where the Feds say that one can't carry on the walking bridge as it is part of a bureau of reclamation location!

DON`T TREAD ON ME

I had a chat with the "posse" that followed us around and staged up at the HAG for an hour while we ate. Here is the video from the chat. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/28648811
I also had another talk with him later It was good. I think we have mutual respect from our encounter.

My thoughts:

He was right, they did not initiate contact. and it appeared that they were there solely to "keep Peace."
They brought enough guys on ten speeds that most people thought the Tour de France was in town.
The best way to stay safe is Open Carry, our cops were not minuets away, they were right there!
The more Cops that are introduced to Open carry this way, the better.
Thousands of people witnessed us OC'ing and noticed that the cops were not alarmed by it.

28kfps

I had a chat with the "posse" that followed us around and staged up at the HAG for an hour while we ate. Here is the video from the chat. http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/28648811
I also had another talk with him later It was good. I think we have mutual respect from our encounter.

My thoughts:

He was right, they did not initiate contact. and it appeared that they were there solely to "keep Peace."
They brought enough guys on ten speeds that most people thought the Tour de France was in town.
The best way to stay safe is Open Carry, our cops were not minuets away, they were right there!
The more Cops that are introduced to Open carry this way, the better.
Thousands of people witnessed us OC'ing and noticed that the cops were not alarmed by it.

All good points. Positive encounters is better for the cause. Hopefully Metro is realizing we will respect the law even if we disagree. Hopfully they are realizing there is no respect when opions and intimidation is forced as law.