• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The I team from Channel 8 would like to do a news piece on Open Carry!

the last gunfighter

hello fellow OCers I'm from PA but my mother and brother live in Vegas so I like to keep an eye on OC happenings there loved the coverage would love to see the news story when it airs if possible could you post a link to your facebook page so I can like it and get updates thanks

Last edited:

The Big Guy

They are running a series on the subject on the news all this week. The first istallment was last night on the 9pm news. It was not exactly a good thing for the cause but they promise to show all sides. We shall see.

TBG

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Here is what I got via email today:

Hi David,
Thanks for sending this. The story we shot with you all will air Friday at 5 and 11pm.

Could you also please send me some of the home video you all have shot of previous open carry efforts?

Thanks... Colleen

If someone has video Etc. of the Henderson picnic, or one of our outings, Send it to dave@guerrillalawfare.com and I will forward it to her!

turborich

Oh Lord, Reading through the comments posted on the News 8 website make me realize just how uninformed these hardcore libs are. You can't make the stuff up that these nut jobs spew out of their mouths. Ridiculous.

drdcup

Last time I was there on Fremont Street for the "experience" during bikefest, I oc'd and probably saw a few more officers but NONE on bikes.... I don't know why? LOL

BTW, I've never been given grief in NEVADA for OC'ing at any time except for the Boulder Dam thing where the Feds say that one can't carry on the walking bridge as it is part of a bureau of reclamation location!

I know why, if you were in charge of the police, knew a bunch of people were going to be carrying guns around at a tourist spot in your city, if something violent did happen, and if you didn't have a bunch of officers there to try and prevent it wouldn't you be in trouble? This website I am sure is monitored by Metro and maybe other government organizations. Remember they showed up two years ago when a bunch of us were at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, not a coincidence then nor now.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I know why, if you were in charge of the police, knew a bunch of people were going to be carrying guns around at a tourist spot in your city, if something violent did happen, and if you didn't have a bunch of officers there to try and prevent it wouldn't you be in trouble? This website I am sure is monitored by Metro and maybe other government organizations. Remember they showed up two years ago when a bunch of us were at the Welcome to Las Vegas sign, not a coincidence then nor now.

I think you missed my sarcasm... is was followed by an "LOL". With Bikefest the Fremeont Street Experience was all but solid wall to wall people. No way anyone could have ridden a bike in there. There were many LEO's on bike on the cross roads but NONE on the pedestrian way that I saw.

28kfps

The one young lady they show getting her CCW says if we have the right to legally own a gun, why not have the right to carry it. I maybe reading more into her statement however it would appear she, as so many uninformed legal gun owners and the public believe gun rights is divided into categories. One being legal to own the other is a permission slip or card to legally carry it.

The Big Guy

The one young lady they show getting her CCW says if we have the right to legally own a gun, why not have the right to carry it. I maybe reading more into her statement however it would appear she, as so many uninformed legal gun owners and the public believe gun rights is divided into categories. One being legal to own the other is a permission slip or card to legally carry it.

In addition here are some of the things I noticed about the piece.

1. The Anchorette states "the second amendment gives us the right". As I remember the Bill of Rights only defines some of the natural or God given rights that we possess as human beings. The second amendment gives us nothing, it only recognizes it.

2. Bob Irwin at it again. "This latest bump has to be related to the gun legislation on the federal level, but I don't really see any direct connection." What?

3. The reporter states, "In sharp contrast to the open carry crowd", and then starts talking about CC classes. What was her purpose in making this statement. Was she trying to indicate that we are somehow loose cannons with respect to the civilized law abiding sheep who dutifully go get there permission slips?

4. The last thing I notice was camera angles and shots. They made sure to show Tread in full frame and from below. This has a tendency to make him, as a very normal size man, look large and imposing. Was there a reason for this or am I making more out of it then was intended. It's just what caught my eye.

TBG

28kfps

In addition here are some of the things I noticed about the piece.

1. The Anchorette states "the second amendment gives us the right". As I remember the Bill of Rights only defines some of the natural or God given rights that we possess as human beings. The second amendment gives us nothing, it only recognizes it.

2. Bob Irwin at it again. "This latest bump has to be related to the gun legislation on the federal level, but I don't really see any direct connection." What?

3. The reporter states, "In sharp contrast to the open carry crowd", and then starts talking about CC classes. What was her purpose in making this statement. Was she trying to indicate that we are somehow loose cannons with respect to the civilized law abiding sheep who dutifully go get there permission slips?

4. The last thing I notice was camera angles and shots. They made sure to show Tread in full frame and from below. This has a tendency to make him, as a very normal size man, look large and imposing. Was there a reason for this or am I making more out of it then was intended. It's just what caught my eye.

TBG

I have no idea what good O Bob was trying to say. It is related however sees no connection?

Not sure about the camera angle. They strapped two of the portable small sport type cameras to the legs of two of our OCers aimed at their firearm as we walked. Most of the camera shots were done as we were walking. They would hurry to get ahead of us to quickly set up and film as we passed. My opinion no real chance to enhance the angle.

I want to say thanks to DTOM for informing OC Dot Org about this I-team event we had a good turnout. I believe it was good OCing PR. In addition, thought the interviews went very well.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
No matter what they say, they have footage of OC'ers carrying on Fremont Street, and nothing happening because of it.