• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The NRA speech, Virginia, and the VCDL

sparkman2

I see a lot of bad legislation headed down the federal pipe on this. The ATF is going to be used to ban the certain types of ammunition without having to do any legislation on gun control whatsoever. Sure you will still be able to buy the gun, but the ammo will become nonexistent. Isn't the ATF the same agency involved with the Fast and Furious debacle? We still don't have any clue as to what was going on with that.

Eric Holder: “The Obama administration will consider executive actions and specific proposals for legislation as part of its gun policy response to the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, U.S., Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday,” per Reuters. “Those options will have to include a ‘strong and robust’ Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the chronically under-funded agency that enforces federal gun laws, he said.” Washington Examiner

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I see a lot of bad legislation headed down the federal pipe on this. The ATF is going to be used to ban the certain types of ammunition without having to do any legislation on gun control whatsoever. Sure you will still be able to buy the gun, but the ammo will become nonexistent. Isn't the ATF the same agency involved with the Fast and Furious debacle? We still don't have any clue as to what was going on with that.

Eric Holder: “The Obama administration will consider executive actions and specific proposals for legislation as part of its gun policy response to the school massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, U.S., Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday,” per Reuters. “Those options will have to include a ‘strong and robust’ Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, the chronically under-funded agency that enforces federal gun laws, he said.” Washington Examiner

+1

Last edited: