• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Second 2011 Wisconsin Hwy 67 Adopt A Highway Cleanup

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
I drove our pickup section last weekend and it's getting messy again... lots of papers and trash. I am in the process of moving lock, stock, and barrel over to Grant County so I won't be able to help with the cleanup any more. We need somebody to step up and take it over.

This will be our third year of giving something back to the community and showing everybody that we are just regular citizens who happen to believe in the RKBA.

For you new people, our section of roadway is just south of Dousman, WI on Hyw 67 and runs on both sides of the road from county C Northward to the first intersection with county D. The following map should make it all more clear.

v5z5aw.jpg

If we can get 10-15 volunteers, we can knock this project out in 1-1/2 hours of enjoyable outdoor activity, getting to know other members better, and being ambassadors for the RKBA;

263yh3s.jpg

There are many ways to support Open Carry, and this is one of them. One of you natural leaders out there please step forward and take hold of this or it won't get done.

rickrich

Adopt a Highway Program OpenCarry.Org Sponsorship

Any chance anyone picked up coordinating this Open Carry Adopt a Highway sponsorship program in '11 or '12 ?

I just received a call from the State of Wisconsin Adopt a Highway program asking about our participation. I haven 't called back yet. They typically ask how many times the highway was picked up for the season.

If someone can take it over for 2013, I'm guessing we can keep it going.

I drove our pickup section last weekend and it's getting messy again... lots of papers and trash. I am in the process of moving lock, stock, and barrel over to Grant County so I won't be able to help with the cleanup any more. We need somebody to step up and take it over.

This will be our third year of giving something back to the community and showing everybody that we are just regular citizens who happen to believe in the RKBA.

For you new people, our section of roadway is just south of Dousman, WI on Hyw 67 and runs on both sides of the road from county C Northward to the first intersection with county D. The following map should make it all more clear.

v5z5aw.jpg

If we can get 10-15 volunteers, we can knock this project out in 1-1/2 hours of enjoyable outdoor activity, getting to know other members better, and being ambassadors for the RKBA;

263yh3s.jpg

There are many ways to support Open Carry, and this is one of them. One of you natural leaders out there please step forward and take hold of this or it won't get done.

AaronS

I would love to see this happen again this year.
I have not missed one (I don't think).
Not so sure I can head it up. I suck at this kind of stuff...

MKEgal

As I said in the other thread, I am willing to participate, but my attempts at organizing / motivating have met with indifference, so I'm not going to do that any more.

With the sun setting so late, we could meet in the early evening (6pm) on a weeknight and still have plenty of light.

I do have a couple evening commitments, but most days I could be there in the evening.
A weekend is also a possibility, but there will be more traffic (more dangerous), and more heat.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
As I said in the other thread, I am willing to participate, but my attempts at organizing / motivating have met with indifference, so I'm not going to do that any more.

With the sun setting so late, we could meet in the early evening (6pm) on a weeknight and still have plenty of light.

I do have a couple evening commitments, but most days I could be there in the evening.
A weekend is also a possibility, but there will be more traffic (more dangerous), and more heat.
Just a note from somebody who has actually participated in a pickup; there is no danger from the increased traffic on the weekends but there IS more opportunity to wave at and interact with passing motorists. We always did it on the weekend to accommodate people with regular jobs who wanted to participate, but those people seem conspicuously quiet.... :(

Last edited: