• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

There Needs To Be A Shooting Section Here

smoking357

Banned
imported post

I'm so flippin' tired of talking about politics. There needs to be a shooting section so we can talk about the cool stuff.

A buy/sell/trade section would also be handy.

TFred

imported post

Well, except it must be pretty important to the forum owners, the very first sentence of their post on the Forum Rules says:

NOTE: This is not a general discussion web site - even the thread for "general discussions" must be fairly related to open carry, firearms and gun rights.
Their ball, their rules.

Maybe you should be asking "what other forums do you recommend for general discussion?"

TFred

zoom6zoom

imported post

There's plenty of forums for that stuff, I'd prefer to keep things focused. Take a look at arfcom; some decent sections but so many subforums people don't even know what's there.

Alexcabbie

imported post

well, there is "selecting a handgun" where the shooting characteristics ov various weapons are often compares, dissected, yakked about and I have even seen one or two arguments about ballistics, stopping power etc that have gotten as contentious as anything I have seen on the General or Political threads.

thx997303

imported post

Well of course there are contentious arguments about stopping power. It's like the gun version of the theory of evolution.:p