• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Looks Like A Problem for Tampa

77zach

j4l

""The absurdity of banning squirt guns but not being able to do anything about real guns is patently obvious," Buckhorn said Thursday. "Given the nature and the potential dynamic of this event, I think it would make sense that you would not want firearms introduced into that environment by people other than law enforcement."

...The real absurdity here, is someone going into public, and with a straight-face, actually suggesting "banning" any bloody thing.Who is he to "ban" anything? And what, on earth, gives the guy the idea that "banning" a weapon he would never see, unless brought out and used, would even be enforcible -short of x-rays and metal-detectors and pat-downs of everyone coming around?
Amazing the level of idiocy, sometimes, that gets voted into such positions..

j4l

""The absurdity of banning squirt guns but not being able to do anything about real guns is patently obvious," Buckhorn said Thursday. "Given the nature and the potential dynamic of this event, I think it would make sense that you would not want firearms introduced into that environment by people other than law enforcement."

...The real absurdity here, is someone going into public, and with a straight-face, actually suggesting "banning" any bloody thing.Who is he to "ban" anything? And what, on earth, gives the guy the idea that "banning" a weapon he would never see, unless brought out and used, would even be enforcible -short of x-rays and metal-detectors and pat-downs of everyone coming around?
Amazing the level of idiocy, sometimes, that gets voted into such positions..

"So while Tampa plans to ban a wide range of weapons (clubs, switchblades, Mace) and things that could be used as weapons (chains, glass bottles, water pistols) outside the convention, it cannot prohibit guns carried with a concealed weapons permit."

Further, when is the last time anyone has actually seen folks walking around on Florida streets with chains, clubs, switchblades (rly?? switchblades???) or WATER-PISTOLS? Dude has been watching way too many 1970's low-budget movies...