• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This Looks Really Bad For Open Carry

smoking357

Banned
imported post

Evidently, the guy who openly carried his AR-15 attends some nutjob homegrown church where the "pastor" prayed for Obama to die.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsme...er_at_obama_event_day_before_even.php?ref=fpb

If you're a gun owner, stay away from the scary churches and know that Jesus is called the Prince of Peace, not Shiva.

80179466v13_350x350_Front.jpg

jsimmons

imported post

Why is it bad for open carry? Because he's exercising another of his inalienable rights - the freedom of religion?

I'm not saying I agree with his chosen religion's leader, but this is a slippery slope that you really don't want to start sliding on.

Besides, he wasn't brandishing or calling for Obama to be killed, so he was *legally* carrying. Beyond that, you have to take media reports with a grain of salt because they're more interesting in fabricating the news than accurately reporting it.

KansasMustang

imported post

This is straight out of Saul Olynskis (sp) Handbook. They can't attack the fact that his openly carrying the (assault rifle) as we all know it is not, so attack the individual, personalize it, even if it means fabricating a story. Remember always that the progressives will stop at nothing to obtain their objectives. The drive by media are owned by the ones that want to destroy freedom in America. And the enemies are inside the gates already.

jwayne972

imported post

"This is the second example of the gun-toters at the Arizona Obama event tied to the violent fringes of American life."
The only violence I've witnessed associated with Steven Anderson, is when he exercised his Constitutional rights as an American citizen, and was beaten, tasered, and left to suffer for hours with pieces of broken glass embedded in his face. All at the hands of the so called "Border Patrol", at a "check point", well within the borders of the United States. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJF5cUWXA_A&feature=video_response
I would assume that the far majority of the people that are registered to this forum do so because they believe in the God given, or natural, right to bear arms to protect one's self and family. If you aren't prepared to witness everyone around you, that is legally able, exercising that right, you might as well go to the other side. They are more than happy to ration away our Rights by spreading fear through stereotypes.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Unbelievable.... no wait... that's perfectly believable.

Gun owners as a group need to run, as fast as they can, away from these raging psychos.

Flyer22

imported post

jsimmons wrote:
Why is it bad for open carry? Because he's exercising another of his inalienable rights - the freedom of religion?

I'm not saying I agree with his chosen religion's leader, but this is a slippery slope that you really don't want to start sliding on.

Besides, he wasn't brandishing or calling for Obama to be killed, so he was *legally* carrying. Beyond that, you have to take media reports with a grain of salt because they're more interesting in fabricating the news than accurately reporting it.
You really ought to wake up and notice what's going on around you. The "slippery slope" started quite a while back. Didn't you pay attention to ANYTHING during the presidential campaign? Words matter. Perceptions matter. If you don't believe me, just ask Obama about the politicaleffect that HIS pastor's words had on HIM.

D_Weezy

imported post

I don't understand the problem? Do all of you agree with thePERSONAL opinions of your Preacher? Just because he goes to that Church, does not mean that he agrees with all of the things that come from the Pastors mouth. You can't assume that he has the same opinions, just because he worships there. What are we doing, assuming that this is some kind of cult?How does this really affect our right to carry? The man did nothing wrong, by openly carrying his weapons. Do we then, have totryand find something else to ridicule him about? Jumping on the bandwagon with the media, about his Religious beliefs, is just ridiculous. I will continue to stand by his right t carry his weapons, because that is what I would want everyone to do for me. I am SURE that everyone here is not of the same Religious faith. We do not all worship the same way, so why do we care how he does? What would have happened, if the media would have found out that he didn't have any Religion. Would they then, have called him a GUN-LOVING ATHEIST? And if they had, why would we have cared. He still wasn't breaking the law! What does any of this, have to do with our right as Americans to carry our firearms?:?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

D_Weezy wrote:
I don't understand the problem? Do all of you agree with thePERSONAL opinions of your Preacher? Just because he goes to that Church, does not mean that he agrees with all of the things that come from the Pastors mouth. You can't assume that he has the same opinions, just because he worships there. What are we doing, assuming that this is some kind of cult?How does this really affect our right to carry? The man did nothing wrong, by openly carrying his weapons. Do we then, have totryand find something else to ridicule him about? Jumping on the bandwagon with the media, about his Religious beliefs, is just ridiculous. I will continue to stand by his right t carry his weapons, because that is what I would want everyone to do for me. I am SURE that everyone here is not of the same Religious faith. We do not all worship the same way, so why do we care how he does? What would have happened, if the media would have found out that he didn't have any Religion. Would they then, have called him a GUN-LOVING ATHEIST? And if they had, why would we have cared. He still wasn't breaking the law! What does any of this, have to do with our right as Americans to carry our firearms?:?
+1, but sometimes the group you belong to does matter. I agree with your post, and am for one glad it was a well spoken, polite gentleman not some tinfoil hat militia type, or aryan nation type this would not have looked good on our community, I have heard that he belonged to a fringe group also, but nowhere in his comments did he say this. So like you said it shouldn't matter.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Ohhh... had I only known. ( 'Don't go to church much. Life member of the VFW tho... Am Legion 'n the FRA) This would'a sent 'em up the wall... under the table 'n 'round the bend tho... Prob'ly

N00blet45

imported post

So what if he believes some crazy stuff? Tom Cruise is a firm believer in Scientology. Does that mean that he shouldn't have a weapon? Does that mean we should criticize him for performing a perfectly legal action in line with the US Constitution?

I'm sure some of the people who covered the guy at the event in Arizona have some wacko ideas but does that mean they should be questioned when they exercise their first amendment right?

RJ

Banned
imported post

It could have been a nun in her habit and the media would have found fault.
Why give it any credence at all.
The media will struggle to discredit anything or anyone that takes away or sheds any dim light on the ovomit parade.

What happened to the reverend wright the ovomit preacher, how soon we forget.
Means nothing to anyone, when you ignor it, and go on with life as planned.
JMO.
rj

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Why is it bad for open carry?

It is not like we are all mind-numbed robot members of a 'movement'. We are individuals with common interests and some are capable of independent thought with which you may or may not agree. There may even be criminals among us. I know that there are some willfully ignorant skells here.

jsimmons

imported post

Flyer22 wrote:
jsimmons wrote:

You really ought to wake up and notice what's going on around you. The "slippery slope" started quite a while back. Didn't you pay attention to ANYTHING during the presidential campaign? Words matter. Perceptions matter. If you don't believe me, just ask Obama about the politicaleffect that HIS pastor's words had on HIM.
I'm not referring to what was said by the pastor, or even by the news media. I was referring to the OP's claim that we should inhibit the gun carriers right to freedom of religion. THAT is the slippery slope I'm referring to. That's the same as anti-gun advocates saying that we shouldn't be allowed to keep and bear.

If the gun carrier becomes a nut-job, he also becomes a target for the rest of us. Problem solved.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

smoking357 wrote:
Evidently, the guy who openly carried his AR-15 attends some nutjob homegrown church where the "pastor" prayed for Obama to die.

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08/pastor_of_gun-toter_at_obama_event_day_before_even.php?ref=fpb

If you're a gun owner, stay away from the scary churches and know that Jesus is called the Prince of Peace, not Shiva.

80179466v13_350x350_Front.jpg

SO F^CKING WHAT!!!

OBOZO sat in a church for 20 years listening to racist hate speech from a militant black separatist. This is just more liberal BULL$H!T from a pinko troll.

troll_spray.jpg

AngryBeaver

imported post

I was on the fence about OC for months..if youre an unsure citizen and you see a "gun guy" with a political shirt right away you find it hard not to label him as a gun nut..and i say that as a gun guy myself.However when i saw Ar-15 Chris that really got me thinking..here was a clean cut guy dressed like a store manager..non threatning looking and looking like a professional.Im just saying you have to look at it from the peoples perspective we are trying to change..i own all those Dont Tread On Me shirts but i dont wear them when i OC..its a choice of course but we need to get the people to see us in a friendly way..its like we're going on a job interview every time we OC.I'm not saying wear a tie,just maybe keep the tone down...thats how i look at it.

Pagan

imported post

I don't care if the guy worships hot steammy piles of fresh dog sh*t, if he is not trying to violently force his views down my throat, or violate the rights of my fellow citizens, he can do as he damn well pleases, andI will support his right to do so. The media lives on hype. No hype, no interest in their latest rants, the media are like hollywood actors, always doing or saying something crazy just to get your attention; so that we don't forget about them, like immature people just dying for attention.

On the other hand we should be aware of the impact this will have on our less logically thinking citizens, which make up large portions of the voting public.