• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Thoughts on suggesting a needed memo to law enforcement agencies on SB656

Maverick9

OC for Me:
In all honesty the no firearms signs are just a useless gesture that seem to make the ignorant feel secure. As if it's a physical deterrent to crime.

Yeah, I think we should all OC and wear T-Shirts with a gun-buster sign and a 'no carry on premises logo'.

I mean, it's cheaper than a plate vest, right? :eek:

Maverick9

For an on-topic bit of input, it's a waste of time. Words on a page do not translate into the common practice, iow.

OC for ME

Maybe not, fore warned is fore armed. It would be exceedingly difficult to claim a "training issue" if it could be documented that the issue and one possible solution were provided by a concerned citizen. Snail-mail, signature required, return receipt required, to the Top Cop at the cop shop. They may throw the cop shop mail lady under the bus to avoid culpability or negligence though.

Give it a try. Cops these days are not wanting to be perceived as a Seattle PD/NYPD et al (thug cop shop), or a Ferguson PD (not deserving of thug cop shop title at this time), if they can avoid it.

Drytchnath

Even if you made a very informative and correct memo, the problem is in St. Louis County you have so many municipalities. Even if you got a couple to pay attention you walk 50 yards and a different cities PD starts harassing you. It would still help if a couple of them listened but it would be a large undertaking to send it out to all of them and follow up until they actually disseminate it to the lowest level.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
How about this instead:

Officers, open carry of firearms is legal through out the entire state for all citizens, no permit required.

For questions: See article 23 of the Missouri constitution which after recent passage of amendment 5 by 61% of citizens, completely invalidated all municipal laws drafted under 21.750.3 regarding the open carry of firearms.

Action: Leave citizens conducting themselves in a legal manner alone.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
How about this instead:

Officers, open carry of firearms is legal through out the entire state for all citizens, no permit required.

For questions: See article 23 of the Missouri constitution which after recent passage of amendment 5 by 61% of citizens, completely invalidated all municipal laws drafted under 21.750.3 regarding the open carry of firearms.

Action: Leave citizens conducting themselves in a legal manner alone.

I certainly hope that is the eventual legal interpretation as this sorts out.