• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

trading a rifle for another though an individual

.40CLTlocal

I am planning on trading an AR-15 for another with a family friend. We both live in NC. What would we need do do so that this 100% legitimate.

O2HeN2

Best asked in that state's specific forum, since the restrictions would be at the state, not federal level. If it was Colorado, the answer to the question "What do I need to trade one rifle for another?" would be "Make sure both of you have enough gas in your cars to meet up and get back."

O2

davidmcbeth

Banned
I am planning on trading an AR-15 for another with a family friend. We both live in NC. What would we need do do so that this 100% legitimate.

You likely just need to maintain records of the trade. Chk your state statues .. they're online. Best to actually know the statues rather then rely on people on the internet, right? It's your neck.