• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Travelling from Texas

tx-skydiver

Hi - I am going to be travelling from Texas to go see Yellowstone and will also plan to spend a little time in Montana. I see your state is open carry friendly but wanted to make sure it is generally accepted. Is it safe to do so but I don;t want to get harassed. Any tips you can give me please?

LeMat

I know :lol: My experience is that the locals don't seem to mind much, but locals here in Montana have been waning in the past 20 years.

The only folks who look at me sideways are implants and Canadians. How do I know? Live here long enough and they stick out like a sore thumb. ;)

slapmonkay

Campaign Veteran
Hi - I am going to be travelling from Texas to go see Yellowstone and will also plan to spend a little time in Montana. I see your state is open carry friendly but wanted to make sure it is generally accepted. Is it safe to do so but I don;t want to get harassed. Any tips you can give me please?

Just carry like its normal, you won't or shouldn't get harassed here in Montana.