• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Triad area OC meetup, First Friday of each month at 6pm.

BroadwayJoe

I am interested in these meets too. It would be nice to meet like minded individuals, particularly those that live within the same area. Unfortunately I would not be able to attend this meet should it happen as I am vacationing on Emerald Isle. Hope there is a good turnout none the less.

sgt611

Where and when for 8/2/13?

Looks like last time was K-ville. Any suggestions? I am planning on being there. :banana:

nobama

Hey all, Prissy Pollys in Kville 6PM this Friday. The last meetup was in Winston Salem at Golden corral.

papa bear

dang. looks like i am going to have to miss this one too. my daughter is getting married and i have to be up in Blacksburg for a pro gun booth.

jag06

Did anyone show up Friday? I hate I had to miss it but my summer job did not finish until Sunday. But I am back in town and ready for the next meetup. Hope everyone has had a good summer so far.

jag06

It looks like that last meeting was in Kernersville, any suggestions on the September meetup? Do we want to go back to Winston, Stay in Kernersville, or try a different area like High Point? I would like to put the info of the sept 6th meetup this weekend so lets see what everyone wants to do.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

It looks like that last meeting was in Kernersville, any suggestions on the September meetup? Do we want to go back to Winston, Stay in Kernersville, or try a different area like High Point? I would like to put the info of the sept 6th meetup this weekend so lets see what everyone wants to do.

I like the sound of High Point area, it's pretty much dead center of winston, greensboro, lexington, and asheboro.

BroadwayJoe

I like the sound of High Point area, it's pretty much dead center of winston, greensboro, lexington, and asheboro.

Carolina Diner on Eastchester is OC friendly. Most places in HP also serve alcohol (which come December will not matter anymore.) Although not a food spot, Da Been Espresso Coffee Shop in High Point is very pro gun.

papa bear

Carolina Diner on Eastchester is OC friendly. Most places in HP also serve alcohol (which come December will not matter anymore.) Although not a food spot, Da Been Espresso Coffee Shop in High Point is very pro gun.

December or not, i still will not be allowed to carry in places that serve alcohol

jag06

Was thinking that the law went into affect October 1st, not December?

I see a vote for Carolina Diner. I have been past it but never eaten there before, may have to give it a try this week. I will also throw in Carter Brothers, I have been there many, many time and are OC friendly with excellent food and service. It's a barbeque place for those that have not been there. Anyone have a preference or another place they think we should go?

papa bear

OK getting close to the Friday. saw it will be in High pockets. need to know where?

that's a bit far for me, but i will see if i can make it.

i might get some more people to go

Jamesm760

OK getting close to the Friday. saw it will be in High pockets. need to know where?

that's a bit far for me, but i will see if i can make it.

i might get some more people to go

I think we are agreeing for,

Carter Brother Barbecue-Ribs
3802 Samet DriveHigh Point, NC 27265
(336) 841-2241

My intelligent self signed up for a 10hr shift of OT for friday, knowing that the meet is that day. I'm trying to figure something out, I will try my best to make it. I have to go in at 6, so I will see if I can get the start time moved up a bit.

jag06

Sorry for not getting back on here sooner, work was crazy the last week and I had a family emergency that took most of my spare time this week. Carter Brothers at Samet Drive works for me. I will update the first post. Hope to see a crowd there tomorrow.

To get a jump on October, do we want to go back to Golden Corral in Winston at the mall again?

Last edited:

jag06

Just a bump or tonight. Hope to see a good crowd at Carter Brothers. The Samet Dr location is right off the corner of Wendover AVE and HWY 68.

Jamesm760

Wasn't able to get out of the OT i signed up for, and they actually asked me to come in at 5pm instead of the scheduled 6pm... Hope it had a good turn out. I will make sure not to make the same mistake and sign up for OT next meet. On the bright side, I worked a total of 86hrs this week :p

Enjoy the food guys! See ya next time.

jag06

Ended up being just me and my brother. Hope we get a better turnout next time. Nice on the 86 hours, I know it's a pain working that many ours but I bet the check will make up for it. Anyone have a problem with Golden Corral at Hanes Mall next month?