• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Triad area OC meetup, First Friday of each month at 6pm.

Jamesm760

Had 6 to show up tonight. Had a good time. Enjoyed meeting James and his brother, hope you guys make it out to the next one. Think we decided to head back to winston for the next one. Think we want to try something besides GC, will see what I can find and will post it when I find a good place. IF any suggestions for 2A friendly places with good food in Winston lets hear them.

It was also nice meeting you guys. Food was really good at Prissy Polly's. As long as they don't force OT on me, I will see you guys next month.

jag06

I am later than normal putting the December meetup together, but I finally got around to it. Here is our next meetup.

Dec. 6th, 6pm.

Dairi-O
1207 W. Clemmonsville Rd.
Winston Salem, NC 27127
(336)-448-5314
http://www.dairios.com/#!

I have been to a couple of their locations and they have good food. Have not oc'ed there yet as the only time I am around there is when I am working, and they have these stupid laws against carrying while working on an ambulance. I have not seen any gunbuster signs so we should be good. I will actually be working on the 6th, however since I am usually in that area while working I will try and swing by if I am not on a call. Hope there is a good turnout like the last meetup.

Jamesm760

I am later than normal putting the December meetup together, but I finally got around to it. Here is our next meetup.

Dec. 6th, 6pm.

Dairi-O
1207 W. Clemmonsville Rd.
Winston Salem, NC 27127
(336)-448-5314
http://www.dairios.com/#!

I have been to a couple of their locations and they have good food. Have not oc'ed there yet as the only time I am around there is when I am working, and they have these stupid laws against carrying while working on an ambulance. I have not seen any gunbuster signs so we should be good. I will actually be working on the 6th, however since I am usually in that area while working I will try and swing by if I am not on a call. Hope there is a good turnout like the last meetup.

Will try to make it, working for someone the night before so if i'm not too tired I will be there.

Jamesm760

Anyone up for a new year’s meet? First Friday of the month is only a couple of days away. I would like to also go to a shooting range, if anyone is interested and has any suggestions, that would be awesome. If not I can go shoot as a loner. :cry:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Anyone up for a new year’s meet? First Friday of the month is only a couple of days away. I would like to also go to a shooting range, if anyone is interested and has any suggestions, that would be awesome. If not I can go shoot as a loner. :cry:

Pick the place, make the announcement - they will come.

Put a date in the title and ask for a stickie :)

jag06

First OC meetup of the new year at Prissy Polly's in Kernersville on Friday Jan. 3rd @ 6pm. I will be unable to attend due to my work schedule but will be at the Feb meetup.

Prissy Polly's BBQ
729 North Carolina 66
Kernersville, NC 27284
(336) 993-5045
prissypollys.com‎

jag06

Next meetup is Feb 7th at 6pm. Will try for Prissy Polly's again. I will be back at this one and should be all the rest this spring. Hope to see a good ground. I will start posting these on NC Gun owners and Carolina Shooters and see if that helps to get more people to show up.

Prissy Polly's BBQ
729 North Carolina 66
Kernersville, NC 27284
(336) 993-5045
prissypollys.com‎

jag06

Who is all planning on going tomorrow? I will try and get there a few minutes early to get tables together, just wondering how many we will need?

jag06

Great meetup tonight! We had a total of 8 people. Lots of good discussion, and always great food at Prissy Polly's. Any suggestions for the march meetup? Do we want to go somewhere else or continue with Prissy Polly's?

jag06

Unless there are any objections, we will be back at Prissy Polly's next month. I stopped at Lucky 13 Cast Bullets in Kernersville yesterday, which is all of a half mile away from Prissy Polly's. I talked with the owner, Don, and invited him to attend the next meetup. He is unable to attend due to them being open until about 7-8pm on Fridays, however he did invite the group to stop by the shop after we finish eating and he will give us a group discount of either 10 or 15% (will have to ask him again) on a group purchase of the lead bullets he casts. Right now the discount will only apply to the cast bullets, but will find out if there is any group discounts he could offer on any of the other inventory. Either way, he has some of the best ammo prices around. If you have not had a chance to stop by there, do it. Great guy and great prices, plus he OC's in the shop. If you reload, he has a descent selection on powders and primers. He carries some hornady bullets as well as lee reloading equipment, plus the piles of 9mm, 40, 45, and a couple other calibers of cast bullets that they cast in the back of the shop. He also does transfers for $15 (I think that is the price he told me, don't hold me to it if I am wrong).

Jamesm760

Anyone still here here to attend the meets or did everyone go to CT for support? We doing anything this Friday?

jag06

Some of us stayed back to keep NC at the ready. Reminder, this Friday at 6pm, Prissy Polly's. Let me know if anyone wants to go to Lucky 13 Cast Bullets either before or after. I was told 10% off on cast bullets only for a group discount.

nobama

Some of us stayed back to keep NC at the ready. Reminder, this Friday at 6pm, Prissy Polly's. Let me know if anyone wants to go to Lucky 13 Cast Bullets either before or after. I was told 10% off on cast bullets only for a group discount.

Yea, will be keeping our eye on that one,and our powder dry!! Plan on being there Friday 6PM.

Jamesm760

I have confirmed my schedule swap with my co-worker. I will also be there tomorrow at 6PM. Lucky 13... I guess we can go there after we finish feeding our faces, if anyone is interested in going. I have not been there and If they happen to have a SW SDV9E or what ever the model is for a good price I might take it. See you guys there!!!

PS. I will probably not attend the next 2 months, I don't want to ask my co-worker everymonth to switch with me. With that said, has anyone ever considered doing the meet on a Sat/Sun? :rolleyes:

papa bear

hey , James and Jason. do you think y'all will delay the meet. it might be clear by this afternoon for you. still snowing pretty hard up here. i know Y'all don't want to confuse everybody

i would be in favor of Saturday, or maybe next week

Jamesm760

I don't have a problem with weekends or even later in the day today, but I'm not sure how often people check this thread and they might not get the message that date/time was changed. Maybe we can double up on the meets and do one today and saturday or today and next Saturday. :D One can never have too much BBQ

jag06

The roads look good up here so I plan on being there. If anyone does not want to take a chance I understand. Have not been into Kernersville today, but the secondary roads outside of town look good so I think in town will be fine. I tried calling to make sure they are open, got a voice mail so not sure if they are open. Will keep trying them. If they are closed, I will work on finding a backup location.

Pappabear, we can see if anyone wants to have another one next week. I am all for another meetup.

Last edited:

Jamesm760

The roads look good up here so I plan on being there. If anyone does not want to take a chance I understand. Have not been into Kernersville today, but the secondary roads outside of town look good so I think in town will be fine. I tried calling to make sure they are open, got a voice mail so not sure if they are open. Will keep trying them. If they are closed, I will work on finding a backup location.

Pappabear, we can see if anyone wants to have another one next week. I am all for another meetup.

I'm good for Sat next week.

jag06

I am working next Saturday, will be off on Sunday, but if there are people that want to meet on Saturday do not let me stop it. Backup plan for tonight as I cannot get Prissy Polly's to answer the phone, if you get to Prissy Polly's and they are closed, go to:

Clark's Barbecue
1331 Nc Highway 66 S, Kernersville, NC ‎
(336) 996-8644

It's just a mile or so south of Prissy Polly's, and they are open. Everyone still go to Prissy Polly's first, if they are open we will stay there, if not go to Clark's. I will stay at Prissy Polly's for a few if they are closed to point anyone towards Clark's.

Jamesm760

I am working next Saturday, will be off on Sunday, but if there are people that want to meet on Saturday do not let me stop it. Backup plan for tonight as I cannot get Prissy Polly's to answer the phone, if you get to Prissy Polly's and they are closed, go to:

Clark's Barbecue
1331 Nc Highway 66 S, Kernersville, NC ‎
(336) 996-8644

It's just a mile or so south of Prissy Polly's, and they are open. Everyone still go to Prissy Polly's first, if they are open we will stay there, if not go to Clark's. I will stay at Prissy Polly's for a few if they are closed to point anyone towards Clark's.
prissy pollys is closed. I will wait here as well.