• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

TV show

xd shooter

Sitting here watching Sons of Guns, One Man Army, Cops, other kinds of gung ho shows, what we need is a TV show depicting some of the stories found in this Forum.

"True Tales of Self Defense" Tonight at 9PM on channel 17!!

It could be educational, discussing the different laws in the different states of Open and Concealed carry, raising awareness of the laws and why we carry.

It could show that we train, are Law Abiding, and only interested in defending ourselves, our family, and those around us unable to defend themselves.

Thoughts?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sitting here watching Sons of Guns, One Man Army, Cops, other kinds of gung ho shows, what we need is a TV show depicting some of the stories found in this Forum.

"True Tales of Self Defense" Tonight at 9PM on channel 17!!

It could be educational, discussing the different laws in the different states of Open and Concealed carry, raising awareness of the laws and why we carry.

It could show that we train, are Law Abiding, and only interested in defending ourselves, our family, and those around us unable to defend themselves.

Thoughts?

What network? Everybody has different channel numbers. Other than that, it sounds like it might be good.

Or did I just completely mis-read it and you are asking if a show like that would be a good idea? I think a show like that would be awesome. There are definitely enough stories out there to make a few seasons.

Last edited:

xd shooter

It's just an idea that came to me this evening. It's something I would LOVE to see!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's just an idea that came to me this evening. It's something I would LOVE to see!

Gotcha. I would love it as well. I would like the show to have interviews with the people who defended themselves. It would also be nice if they dissected the situation and pointed out the good and the bad. Then maybe finish it off with some weekly self-defense with firearms tips.

HKcarrier

And their website:

http://www.crimestriketv.com/

I don't know if anyone ever picked this up (ie, networks etc), but I thought it was a well done show.

Mike V.

PS: HK, you beat me to it, I could not remember the name. :)

Yeah, no one has picked it up that I'm aware of... and I"m surprised to see very low numbers of views... I think it's a GREAT show and wish that it would get more exposure. Very well done.