• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S Concealed Carry Association is a SCAM!!!

DiscoFever

imported post

What do you think would happen if your community found out that the local PTA was started because the founder was too broke to pave their driveway.

I would hope that the people who paid to be a part of the PTA would ask themselves:

Does this fact take away the incredible value that I've received from the PTA? Does it change anything?

If the person feels that it somehow DOES negate the value they have received (I'm assuming they felt there was value until they found this out, because they hadn't complained before then), they should ask for their money back and be on their way.

Otherwise... ?????

Chuck- here's my problem: It is YOUR job to find out the details about an Association BEFORE you join.

You can't just ASSUME that it "must be run by a group", that it "must be a non-profit", and that the proceeds "must go to a good cause".

Well, you CAN, because you obviously did- but if you do, you CANNOT blame everyone else for your ignorance.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

I left the NRA after instructor certification. I left the LAB after instructor certification. I am considering leaving the American Legion. All after learning that my expectations of conservative principles were too high and of them compromising politics for business (read 'attracting subscriber members').

Alexcabbie

imported post

DiscoFever wrote:
What do you think would happen if your community found out that the local PTA was started because the founder was too broke to pave their driveway.

I would hope that the people who paid to be a part of the PTA would ask themselves:

Does this fact take away the incredible value that I've received from the PTA? Does it change anything?

If the person feels that it somehow DOES negate the value they have received (I'm assuming they felt there was value until they found this out, because they hadn't complained before then), they should ask for their money back and be on their way.

Otherwise... ?????

Chuck- here's my problem: It is YOUR job to find out the details about an Association BEFORE you join.

You can't just ASSUME that it "must be run by a group", that it "must be a non-profit", and that the proceeds "must go to a good cause".

Well, you CAN, because you obviously did- but if you do, you CANNOT blame everyone else for your ignorance.

If I found out the local PTA was founded to pave someone's driveway, I would be glad because the PTA is nowadays just an arm of the liberal-schmiberal teacher's union that seeks to lighten everyone's wallets AND brainwash the kiddies into the bargain. If "PTA" means "Pour The Asphalt", so much the better.

DiscoFever

imported post

Alex, I got a good laugh out of that, thanks, lol.

Please note that I have a healthy dislike for the PTA as well- I was just using it as an example.

Just got in from shooting the '14. I'm getting better! w00T!

paramedic70002

imported post

CharlesC wrote:
Must have a killer "Back-Story" that is real. You must share your history.
Sounds like Tim is talking about his own experience, not bragging about making up a story. Is Tim's story real? Only he knows for sure.

By the way, anybody ever notice that all the mail for USCCA goes to Wisconsin, a state with no CC provision?

CharlesC

imported post

DiscoFever wrote:

Disco,

This my point, the site and magazine was DESIGNED to give the false impression that it was an association like the ones I described. It was a strategic marketing decision to present the USCCA the way it is. It is not ignorance when someone intentially works to decieve. He does it very well. He knows that people will assume that most associations are no-profit groups designed to promote and support an idea -not the founders bank account.

As I have said, Tim lays out how to to this on the Tribal Marketing website. Read it and tell me if you think I'm really just trying to blame him for my failings.

-CharlesC

DiscoFever

imported post

Friend, I didn't say you FAILED at anything- just that YOU are the one who assumes too much.

Tim NEVER tries to give the impression that he is non-profit- on his main membership page he even tells the story of why he started it.

From wikipedia:
a group of individuals who voluntarily enter into an agreement to accomplish a purpose.

How does simply USING the word "association" given that definition imply that he's trying to make people think he's non-profit?

I feel bad, now that I see that you were just confused... I didn't mean to say that you weren't acting like a man earlier.

Disco

Gunslinger

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
It simply seems to me that the founder of USCCA is someone who understandsa business model and thought he would put his understanding to use in a way that was meaningful and profitable to him in a way that could also benefit others. Maybe the same information can be had for free in various places, but if you are unaware of it or untrusting of it how would you know? Why should a man be demonized for recognizing the potential to make a living and following through with it? Is it only acceptable to make a living and profit off of trifling matters?

I've only read about USCCA a few times and have no association with it, but I see no issue with someone providing a service making money for doing it. If he forcefully made people spend money to join his group then I'd have a problem, but he hasn't from what I know.
Assuming he believes in the side of the issues presented in his publications, I agree with you. Free enterprise while supporting a cause you believe in is capitalism at its best. I'm not a member, but I've received email invites to join with sample info that was reasonable and very much pro my beliefs. Bottom line: more credit to him if he can manage a model melding business and belief.

Peacemaker

imported post

smash29 wrote:
useful_idiot wrote:
I finally emailed him and said simply, "You send too many emails."  :?
I wish that would work on the NRA and their weekly mail requests for donations.  I'm not going to leave over it but I know a few people who have and i wonder how much they could save by cutting back on the solicitations even just a little bit.

Actually, call them up and ask to be removed from most of their mailing lists. I just get the First Freedom magazine, a quarterly mailing about insurance or some offer, and annual reminder to renew now.

Dustin

imported post

Dustin wrote:
CharlesC wrote:
Here's the "secret" behindTim Schmidt's USCCA site:

http://www.tribalmarketingassociation.org/

Basically, we are all degenerates and have a primal, tribal urge to join.

Oh, I posted my thought on the site and talk about a flame war. I am evil incarnate. I've been called a gun-hating liberal, un-americian and I dont' want people to make money.

Not a single person ever challeged me on the merits of my complaint.

Thats all to be expected though.

-CharlesC

Well if it worked for them, who are you to tell them it's BS ?

:quirky