• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UNARMED SHOP KEEPER HAD ENOUGH STRIKES BACK.

Haz.

imported post

This is where we stand since the government dissarmed law abiding citizens. Crime has not dissapeared, in fact it has risen dramaticly. Guns or no guns, anything will do.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw-act/shop-boss-hurls-axe-at-robbers/story-e6freuzi-1225861775569

• /help/share/

AFTER four robberies in seven years, David Butler-Fleming wasn't going to take it any more - not even from two axe-wielding bandits.

The Blue Mountains shopkeeper and his son Luke yesterday drove robbers from his Warrimoo General Store and Post Office as they tried to hold it up at 6am.

"[The first masked-wearing robber] was telling me to 'get on the floor' and I thought 'oh no, not again'," Mr Butler-Fleming said yesterday.

Mr Butler-Fleming yelled to his 21-year-old son and ran into the back office as the thief gave chase.

"Then I just went for him, I just ripped the tomahawk out of his hand and then Luke, who's an A-grade footy player, did this almighty crash tackle and brought all the shelving down."

Mr Butler-Fleming wrestled the axe free and chased the thief from the store, throwing it at him and hitting him, and scaring off the second bandit as well.

Old Grump

imported post

Haz. wrote:
This is where we stand since the government dissarmed law abiding citizens. Crime has not dissapeared, in fact it has risen dramaticly. Guns or no guns, anything will do.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw-act/shop-boss-hurls-axe-at-robbers/story-e6freuzi-1225861775569

• /help/share/

AFTER four robberies in seven years, David Butler-Fleming wasn't going to take it any more - not even from two axe-wielding bandits.

The Blue Mountains shopkeeper and his son Luke yesterday drove robbers from his Warrimoo General Store and Post Office as they tried to hold it up at 6am.

"[The first masked-wearing robber] was telling me to 'get on the floor' and I thought 'oh no, not again'," Mr Butler-Fleming said yesterday.

Mr Butler-Fleming yelled to his 21-year-old son and ran into the back office as the thief gave chase.

"Then I just went for him, I just ripped the tomahawk out of his hand and then Luke, who's an A-grade footy player, did this almighty crash tackle and brought all the shelving down."

Mr Butler-Fleming wrestled the axe free and chased the thief from the store, throwing it at him and hitting him, and scaring off the second bandit as well.
Good job, only mistake they made was throwing their only weapon, the axe, but I'm glad it worked out for them. Proves the point that attitude is everything. If you refuse to be a victim your chances of a good outcome are greater than if you just meekly submit to the boogerman.

Haz.

imported post

Hi Grump.

I agree mate.

"I just ripped the tomahawk out of his hand"

He ripped the axe out of his hand, he had guts and was determined.

"A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.' (Prov. 25:26).