• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unlawfully detained at Southcenter mall

just_a_car

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
Has anyone given any thought to compiling a list of stores in the mall so that we can start writing letters? It was, after all, the mall who likely initiated this whole mess, and the mall is comprised of individual stores that may not want to be associated with this sort of police behavior. I know the mall proper is owned by a corporation and they lease the space to the individual stores, but uproar of complaints from the store managers/owners might cause them to rethink their entire policy.
Here's your list: http://westfield.com/southcenter/ourstores/index.html

kblazk

imported post

This is why I distribute Open Carry literature to any LEO i see. Most of them are unaware that you can legally carry firearms in public.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

IdahoCorsair wrote:
...IMMEDIATELY get a copy of their audio recordings!!!! They have a convenient way of "disappearing" or getting deleted in situtations like this. Go to the local PD...

In my section of the country, the tapes of such things are recorded at the communications center, not the police department. I don't know how things are done in your neck of the woods, though.

just_a_car

imported post

First off, I'd like to "cut-off" any further comments that go something like "get the audio/video recordings!"... Aaron (expvideo) is taking care of this and has it under control.

He has many allies in contact with him that will assist him in acquiring these things through FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) and other routes, many of which have met him face-to-face and are local to him.

We (or, at the very least, I) very much appreciate all the support from those not in the local area (WA) and/or that were not in-contact with Aaron during or just-after the ordeal. I just want to make it clear that we have very competent people, such as Lonnie, working with Aaron on this issue.

dhoney75

imported post

I am from the Tacoma area and it was not that long ago that our community was disrupted by some crazy, unstable person like yourself that thought it was “ok” to bring weapons into the mall. People’s lives were destroyed that day. What makes you think that anyone would see you any differently then the person that committed that heinous violation of law? My children are exposed to “wanna-be’s” like you that were not able to pass a psych eval and become law enforcement.

As I am reading this “blog” or “thread” I am disgusted by your behavior and your attempt to justify your greediness. It is sad that those of us who support the right to bear arms are compared to unstable persons like yourself.

LEO’s are responsible to follow through with all complaints by businesses and citizens who feel threatened. Frankly if I was confronted by some strange and egotistical person like you I would have called the police as well, I trust that they would do whatever was necessary to ensure the safety of myself and my family.

Don’t take your “wish-I could-be-a-cop” frustrations out on the public and DO NOT try to conceal your mental issues with MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Any stable human knows that it is not reasonable to open-carry in the public when most Americans are not educated in the rules and respect of gun ownership. People who respect the right to bear arms do not “prance” around in public trying to intimidate others. People who respect the right to bear arms respect the rights of individuals who are not comfortable with guns.

I own several weapons myself and as a woman, I was raised and trained to use them both skillfully and respectfully… I only see you as a weak pitiful person who needs to band together with others and sip some “red-kool-aid.”

Good luck finding some sleaze-bag lawyer to take your case.Get a real job andquit trying to earn aquick buck with your lawsuit.You should be ashamed of yourself...as a multi-generational NRA member, I am ashamed of you.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

dhoney75 wrote:
...it was not that long ago that our community was disrupted by some crazy, unstable person like yourself that thought it was “ok” to bring weapons into the mall. People’s lives were destroyed that day.
PS: your comparing the OP to a deranged murderer. Shame on you. Lowlife tactics like that will get you nowhere on a board of law abiding citizens that believe in life and the protection thereof. You must think we are fools to fall for such an obviously dishonest argument. Pffft.

dhoney75

imported post

Blame spell check, it is so sad when persons who"claim" to be responsible can only dignify their ignorance with grammatical issues...

Only crazed, extremist, fanatical persons would take issue with my family's NRA membership. Get a life...I grew up at the gun club, you all didn't know what they were until you turned 21...unless they squirted water...LOL.

Drewesque

imported post

I, too, grew up with guns. There was a time when I would've thought that open carry was just asking for trouble. It isn't. This lawsuit, contrary to your opinion, isn't about quick cash. In fact, you'll note that the settlement demanded includes a formal apology and proper training.

As for the guy who "thought it was “ok” to bring weapons into the mall" (your words), I am certain he never thought it was "okay." And, since others think like you do, stopping him cost more lives than it should have.

It is never wrong to flex your rights. Open carry is legal in WA, and bearing arms is constitutional across the US. The police were way out of line, and it's time they learned that it is not acceptable to trample the rights of the general public. We have no right to constantly being in a comfortable state of ignorance, but we do have the right to carry.

While you may be a member of the NRA, you certainly don't speak for a large portion of the gun-owning public. In fact, you seem to speak against us. If you would like to have a reasonable discussion, we'll welcome it, but calling people mentally unstable wannabe-cops is not exactly intellectual debate.

expvideo

imported post

dhoney75 wrote:
I am from the Tacoma area and it was not that long ago that our community was disrupted by some crazy, unstable person like yourself that thought it was “ok” to bring weapons into the mall. People’s lives were destroyed that day. What makes you think that anyone would see you any differently then the person that committed that heinous violation of law? My children are exposed to “wanna-be’s” like you that were not able to pass a psych eval and become law enforcement.

As I am reading this “blog” or “thread” I am disgusted by your behavior and your attempt to justify your greediness. It is sad that those of us who support the right to bear arms are compared to unstable persons like yourself.

LEO’s are responsible to follow through with all complaints by businesses and citizens who feel threatened. Frankly if I was confronted by some strange and egotistical person like you I would have called the police as well, I trust that they would do whatever was necessary to ensure the safety of myself and my family.

Don’t take your “wish-I could-be-a-cop” frustrations out on the public and DO NOT try to conceal your mental issues with MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. Any stable human knows that it is not reasonable to open-carry in the public when most Americans are not educated in the rules and respect of gun ownership. People who respect the right to bear arms do not “prance” around in public trying to intimidate others. People who respect the right to bear arms respect the rights of individuals who are not comfortable with guns.

I own several weapons myself and as a woman, I was raised and trained to use them both skillfully and respectfully… I only see you as a weak pitiful person who needs to band together with others and sip some “red-kool-aid.”

Good luck finding some sleaze-bag lawyer to take your case.Get a real job andquit trying to earn aquick buck with your lawsuit.You should be ashamed of yourself...as a multi-generational NRA member, I am ashamed of you.

This person obviously does not support open carry, and I suggest that instead of feeding the flames, we just ignore her. She is entitled to her own opinion, but she is not making rational statements, and is speaking from emotion. Can we all ignore her please? I appreciate it.

As for the police reports, I am in the process of obtaining them. The PD has told me that they do not record audio or video and that there are no recordings to retrieve.

Many of you have asked for my contact information. For the purpose of this endeavor, I have routed all of my email to my blackberry, so I will get it almost instantly at all hours of the day. Feel free to email me anytime at expvideo@gmail.com if you have any questions, advice or ideas. I appreciate all of your support.

I can respect dhoney75's opinion, and I have no problem with her expressing it, but could you please refrain from posting opinions about open carry in this thread, as it is here to discuss legal actions that can be taken, not your emotions about people carrying guns. Feel free to start a new thread, and we can all discuss this with you there.

just_a_car

imported post

Aaron, if you don't mind, I've added you to my gmail "chat" program to keep in touch with you when you're online. If you have a preferred IM program, such as MSN, Yahoo, or AOL, feel free to PM me about that, as I have those also.

I agree with your statement of the point of this thread and the ignoring of the person that tried to hijack the thread, but I was unable to articulate in such an eloquent fashion as yourself my opinions of it once I'd read it; needless to say, I was rather emotionally-charged and thought it best to not reply at the time.

As for funding... you are aware I'm a "poor university student", so I'm not able to help you out financially. BUT, since I've been your friend since before seeing you on here, you're more than welcome to request assistance from me else-wise.

expvideo

imported post

Thanks Geoff. That means a lot to me.

For everyone's convenience and so that her valid opinions are not ignored, I have created a new thread for dhoney75, so that this one does not get hijacked.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I'm just to upset with dhoney75to write anything:cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss::banghead::cuss:

I'm just at a loss of words.....

kurtmax_0

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
PS: OC'ers need to consider carrying audio recorders.
I'm turning mine on when I leave the house and I'll erase the non-eventful recordings when I return home.
Are there any decent recorders? I mean, made for wearing daily? Do those standard 'squareish' pocket recorders work fine?