• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

User name...why did you pick it?

Dreamer

I use this username on almost all my Internet communications. It is a reference to my letterpress printing hobby. I call my workshop "Dreamer Press" because th eguy who taught me letterpress once told me I was a "dreamer" for wanting to learn letterpress in the 21st century...

Attachments

• Dreamer_Logo2.jpg
    Dreamer_Logo2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
mustangrightrearcornerresized.jpg

mustangnitrous.jpg

enginebay.jpg

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I was pretty much given the name by the Deputy Director of the Dept. of Corrections that employed me. He said he could tell wherever I went on the 3rd floor (where all the bigwigs had their offices) by the evidence of folks coming to a sudden stop and/or "spinning wheels" in a hurry to get away from me. It was a compliment and I was proud of the recognition.

(By the time my job required that I go visit the folks on the 3rd floor, it was only bad news that was going to get worse that I bore to them.)

Been using it ever since, as it seems to still describe how folks react.

stay safe.

VFORVENDETTA

I was pretty much given the name by the Deputy Director of the Dept. of Corrections that employed me. He said he could tell wherever I went on the 3rd floor (where all the bigwigs had their offices) by the evidence of folks coming to a sudden stop and/or "spinning wheels" in a hurry to get away from me. It was a compliment and I was proud of the recognition.

(By the time my job required that I go visit the folks on the 3rd floor, it was only bad news that was going to get worse that I bore to them.)

Been using it ever since, as it seems to still describe how folks react.

stay safe.
i was thinking underwear skidmark's.:lol:

outerbanks

Activist Member
outerbanks are the barrier islands at the coast of NC. Great location to 4x4 on the beach for surf fishing, wind surfing on the sound side of the island and in general just go exploring.

DCKilla

DCKilla has been my online gaming name for a long time. DC is my first and last name initials. Killa, well, because I'm so gangsta like that, not really. I really can't explain the "killa" part, but hey...that's how I roll.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
DCKilla has been my online gaming name for a long time. DC is my first and last name initials. Killa, well, because I'm so gangsta like that, not really. I really can't explain the "killa" part, but hey...that's how I roll.
So, after your self-defense shooting, how will you explain your nom-de-net to the DA's investigator? How will you answer the prosecutor when he asks, "So, Mr. DC, why did you adopt the "killa" persona if not as an indication of your lifestyle? Weren't you just itching for an opportunity to earn your bones, so to speak?" "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this is your defendant, 'Mister DC-killer'."

DCKilla

So, after your self-defense shooting, how will you explain your nom-de-net to the DA's investigator? How will you answer the prosecutor when he asks, "So, Mr. DC, why did you adopt the "killa" persona if not as an indication of your lifestyle? Weren't you just itching for an opportunity to earn your bones, so to speak?" "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, this is your defendant, 'Mister DC-killer'."

Let's just hope that I will never have to use deadly force.

It's an online username, nothing more.

KansasMustang

Just always had the Mustang spirit. Don't fence me in nor get on my back. Dad always talked about the Navy officers that were battlefield commissioned on how they always bucked the system and took care of their sailors. The Kansas in front just is for where I live now. The Mustang's been my CB handle since I started driving a truck. Course there's some that call me "Sarge", and when I was a Sergeant Major if someone would have called me that I'd have said "Do I look like a S*#t eating dog?"

rodbender

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away I was into drag racing. It was a crude time. Before nitrous and timing retarders and rev limiters. I bent all 8 rods in each of the first two engines I built. Both blown 427 Chevy engines in an A/gas '66 Chevelle named "Sugarbear". 40 years ago and it stuck pretty hard I guess. I still miss that car.