• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Using your gun out in public to stop crimmals.

mynameiscolb

And seeing this is an Oklahoma thread

Tulsa Deputy Sheriff thought he pulled his taser and shot and killed a man.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crim...cle_67394595-5b09-59d1-a791-ae543e4cfcd1.html

Another case of a trained individual.
As stated before the 2nd says nothing about training and it says nothing about felons. I too say after someone pays their debt they should get their rights back. As stated if we can't trust them then they need to stay locked up.
Not to mention, it's becoming increasingly easier to be charged with a felony. Even sitting on a turtle for a stupid picture pose:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng-sea-turtle-social-media-arrested/72877054/

(Not defending her actions, but a felony?)

stealthyeliminator

i know 28k, you prob demo'd your driving skills to a kind DL examiner or in HS, or to get a CDL or MC endorsement and that violates which right in your humble opinion?

nowhere has a statutory mandate for training to get a CC privilege card violate 2nd concepts as i do not believe my reading of the amendment said anything about 'conceal carry' does yours?

ipse

This is quite the troubling interpretation. Hillary, is that you?

Not to mention, it's becoming increasingly easier to be charged with a felony. Even sitting on a turtle for a stupid picture pose:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng-sea-turtle-social-media-arrested/72877054/

(Not defending her actions, but a felony?)

Cop can shoot dog in face for no reason, not even a slap on the wrist... Take a picture on a sea turtle, felony...

solus

This is quite the troubling interpretation. Hillary, is that you?

Cop can shoot dog in face for no reason, not even a slap on the wrist... Take a picture on a sea turtle, felony...

stealth, sigh... again the playground name calling...so beneath you...

however, i noticed you didn't provide any viable example(s) of concealed carry mentioned in the amendment nor reference anything from any of the constitutional interpretations i am sure are prolific on al gore's invention?

nor any refutation regarding the training needed to obtain DL, CDL, MC endorsement, oh and in certain States, mandatory training in their respective DF statutes as well as successful completion of live fire exercises at different distances in order to get the privilege card. actually surprised states haven't just saved the money and just added the endorsement on the DL...i mean really my NC CHP number is my DL # and the nice LE upon checking out my vehicle plate knows i have a CHP and their is a good chance i am armed.

however, to serve in a militia, one would believe the recruit needs training...right??

and yet i get subjected to vituperation over comments you didn't or can't refute ?

ipse

wpaulsen

right vs privilege

I can remember learning about the difference between rights and privileges in grade school. Driving is a privilege not a right. The 2nd ammendment is a right. If they would try to limit the first ammendment like they do the second people would be going crazy. There is a reason that the founding fathers used the word infringed. Instead of just saying you can't take away someone's firearms. Infringed means encroached upon. So really, in simple terms that even liberals should understand, they said your right to keep and bear arms should not be encroached upon. Or even clearer. Stay away from the people's right to bear arms.

Last edited:

mynameiscolb

I can remember learning about the difference between rights and privileges in grade school. Driving is a privilege not a right. The 2nd ammendment is a right. If they would try to limit the first ammendment like they do the second people would be going crazy. There is a reason that the founding fathers used the word infringed. Instead of just saying you can't take away someone's firearms. Infringed means encroached upon. So really, in simple terms that even liberals should understand, they said your right to keep and bear arms should not be encroached upon. Or even clearer. Stay away from the people's right to bear arms.
RE: driving is a privilege: folks would disagree with you:

http://www.lawfulpath.com/ref/DLbrief.shtml

Last edited:

OC for ME

No license?...Out of the vehicle, turn around, hands behind your back...Yeah yeah, in the car watch your head...What? Not my problem...tell it to the judge.

wpaulsen

Hey mynameiscolb you missed the point I was trying to make. LOL

You just keep on fighting for your right to drive.

Last edited:

Robin47

Sorry I don't agree, the 2A says nothing about convicted felons. Free wo/men are free wo/men, when they have paid their debt. Plus the lunacy that a criminal will follow the law, that is why they are criminals. The lady in this incident, as in so many DID have training. Your arguments are fallacies, as in most incidents of normally non criminals screwing up with a firearm it is usually those with a permit/training.

I agree, its Interesting when Cole Youger got out of prison, he and another x-outlaw, Frank James, got there rights restored back
in thoses days, and did some shooting in a wild west show a while. then went and started a construction company in
southern california, for a while.
These days they punish you for life sad :(

JoeSparky

Centurion
I agree, its Interesting when Cole Youger got out of prison, he and another x-outlaw, Frank James, got there rights restored back
in thoses days, and did some shooting in a wild west show a while. then went and started a construction company in
southern california, for a while.
These days they punish you for life sad :(

Only since 1968!:shocker: