• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Utah CHP Course, June 30 2012, Tyson's Corner, $90 Includes Fingerprinting, 11AM-3PM

Vanns40

This class is being held at Tyson's Corner!

This class includes the Utah mandated fingerprinting (no trudging off to a police dept. and paying extra) and an addressed envelope, you bring a copy of your drivers license and VA CHP (if applicable), a passport size photo and two stamps and you're ready to drop it in the mail!

Utah now requires that if you are a resident of a State reciprocal with Utah (VA, PA, are, MD & DC are not) you must have a home State concealed carry permit in order to obtain a Utah Permit. If you do not already have a VA permit I will provide a certificate that meets VA, Fl, & AZ requirements for training at no additional charge.

Class starts at 11AM and runs approx. 4 hours. This is a classroom only course and I require that you already be familiar with handguns to attend. After the Utah Class I give an "after the class", class which covers your eyes and low light/night shooting, moving while shooting and different scenarios you, hopefully, will never run into.

NOTE: Wisconsin has announced that they now recognize Utah permits but, at this time, do not recognize VA permits.

For more information call 703-828-7058 or go to: www.utahconcealedcarryclass.com

Red Dawg

Pro: Not doubting, or questioning the live fire requirement. You teach the course. But for a few of us, with the FL NR permit, I did no live fire, per se. Did the fact that I sent my DD214, satisfy the requirement? Or the fact that I had a VA resident permit?
Also, Is there any knowledge, or plans for courses coming to Norf/VB?

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Pro: Not doubting, or questioning the live fire requirement. You teach the course. But for a few of us, with the FL NR permit, I did no live fire, per se. Did the fact that I sent my DD214, satisfy the requirement? Or the fact that I had a VA resident permit?
Also, Is there any knowledge, or plans for courses coming to Norf/VB?

I don't want to hijack someone else's thread, but if you used a DD-214, you did not need to do live fire. If you apply using a typical gun safety / NRA / CHP class, you must do live fire.

I will pm you about the other part of your question.