• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video Open Carry in A Michigan School

lordcliff

I wondered if that would make it onto here.

I'm thinking of editing some of the book fair footage and posting that too.

I'm also planning my next adventure. I'm wondering if open carry of a long gun in a bank would work.

The federal law on schools I understand for handguns. Does being CPL licensed allow long gun open carry? I really don't plan on doing that.

FerretMI

I'm happy it went so well and that the district's response was relatively calm given your advanced notification.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I'm also planning my next adventure. I'm wondering if open carry of a long gun in a bank would work.

The federal law on schools I understand for handguns. Does being CPL licensed allow long gun open carry? I really don't plan on doing that.

Welcome to OCDO - have you simply seen the video before or are you hinting that you are the subject therein?

Long gun carry or the promotion of long gun carry is off-topic on OCDO. Please review and become familiar with our Forum Rules.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
did you have to scan your fingerprint to enter the building? i would have said "no thanks"
my wife and daughter generally don't notice that i'm carrying either although now that my wife carries i think she may notice a bit more.

Last edited:

Tucker6900

Ill try to answer this without being in violation of "the rule", and to the best of my ability.

Its a Concealed Pistol License. There is no permit to be had otherwise.

SpringerXDacp

Haman J.T.

Besides thanking You, I just wanted to add 2 bits of advise that were missed in Your discussion. 1st, when the mention of "training" came up, You missed the opotunity at hand to mention the only way You're able to OC in this "GFZ", is because of Your CPL training. 2nd, when You stated "the kids will be all right", You can mention Article 1 Sec. 6 of The MI Constitution states "Every Person has The Right to Keep And Bear Arms for The Defense of Himself And The State(The People/Fellow Citizens/Children)! Remember to mention "Defense of The State" means You are there to Defend "The Children And Your Fellow Law Abiding Citizens"! When I mention this to People that ask me questions in public they're completely Amazed and Always tell me they were Unaware of that FACT! The look on their Face and the resulting statement "WOW, I didn't know that" IS PRICELESS! CARRY ON BROTHER!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-notice-the-lack-of-pandemonium-from-the-gun/
Article on the subject.
No comments from me, I'm already late for work...

FUQ:

Seeking to make a point about firearms, a Michigan man decided to open carry his .45-cal. handgun at his daughter’s school and later uploaded the footage to YouTube. The father says he made sure to first notify the school, the Michigan State Police, the county sheriff and other local law enforcement officials that he would be exercising his right to carry a gun.

The man behind the video told TheBlaze on Wednesday that he was not legally required to alert police or school officials that he would be carrying a gun. But rather than risk causing a panic, the man decided to let them know he would be legally carrying a firearm on school property.