• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

View From The Porch weighs in on OCing - again

WalkingWolf

Hey dude. Segway riders have the same right of way as pedestrians. Try one. They're awesome. Lean it against a rock to park it.

Walkingwolf, have you played basketball on one yet?

I haven't shot hoops in years, last time I think the ticker still was going full tilt.

WalkingWolf

I'd be glad to, Grapeshot, but I can't let false accusations stand without rebuttal.

I quoted your post exactly as you posted it. That is not a false accusation. The fact that many with disabilities use those carts while shopping and your attempt to slight their use stands on it's own.

Own what you post!

WalkingWolf

I propose a Segway subforum.

We have had several threads telling how one should dress, how one should be groomed, what kind of shoes, what kind of holster, they were all disasters for bigots, as freedom is not about pointing fingers at other people. That is what anitis do, it seems there are are anti handicapped folks out there also.

Not to forget the cartridge size wars.:uhoh:

wimwag

We have had several threads telling how one should dress, how one should be groomed, what kind of shoes, what kind of holster, they were all disasters for bigots, as freedom is not about pointing fingers at other people. That is what anitis do, it seems there are are anti handicapped folks out there also.

Ok then how about a thread full of pictures of customized segways? I have a video lol

independence

But we are required to tolerate body modifications as a meaningless difference? Sorry, a Segway rider can step away from his gaucheness. Thank GOoDness for our First Amendment Right of Free Association, even if it dooms someone's coalition.

Is this proposed forum intended for Segways that OC or for OCers that Segway?

I think we need to segway this conversation into discrimination against the handicapped instead of open carry.

Sent from an app instead of a browser simply because browsers on mobile devices are incapable of basic usability by design so that people can sell apps.

fjpro2a

Sorry, but i can't hep it

I usually respond the same way, but so be it. My vote is with WW. He has a grasp of things that, although I agree with, I can't seem to convey as well as he does.