• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting Kansas in June

j2l3

imported post

Hello, we will be visiting Kansas for a few days in June. Specifically Emporia and probably Salina. The rest of the time we will probably be on the highways.

What should I know about OC in your state before I arrive?

Thanks for any information you can provide me.

captainamerica

imported post

Local laws can restrict the state allowance to OC. Search the KS forum location here and see what others have determined on OC restrictive communities.

Walleye

imported post

Open carry can be regulated by cities and counties, so depending on your route it could be prohibited throughout several areas.

Kansas does not recognize Washington concealed carry licenses, so you would be required to unload and box your firearm in jurisdictions where open carry is prohibited.

nikerret

imported post

You are legal to OC in Emporia, I am not sure about Salina. I would doubt it. Salina seems to be pretty anti-everything.

What are you doing in Emporia and Salina?

j2l3

imported post

Family reunion in Emporiaon my wife's side... We'll be there for three nights. We'll actually just be passing through Salina I think. My wife wants to stop at the nearby Eisenhower museum.... on our way to Colorado after the reunion.

It's helpful to know where I might run into problems and how best to avoid them.

Thanks for your help!