• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Visiting New Iberia on the 12th

Jack House

Anyone have any experience in the area? I would like to know what to expect out that way. I'll be in New Iberia for a job interview and am thinking about openly carrying for the first time. Just curious what to expect. I read that some areas in Louisiana aren't too keen on open carry. It wouldn't surprise me, there are similar areas in other states as well. Some counties/cities/police departments just wanna watch the world burn. :p

georg jetson

Jack., I thought I read recently, that you have moved to Louisiana. Correct me if I'm wrong because that thread was set to self destruct after reading so I can't go back and confirm. :D

If you're here then WELCOME!! If not... well... I dunno...

Jack House

Indeed, that interview wasn't even a formality, it was a straight up" sign these papers and you're hired" type deal.

Arrived yesterday, living in a motel in New Iberia. :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

georg jetson

I invite you to come on over to LOCAL. We've got a new Chapter starting in the SouthEast and would love to get one going in the New Iberia/Lafayette area. Maybe you could help us out once you get settled.

Laopencarry.org

Hope you're enjoying your new found OCing rights... dangle away. ;)

Disclaimer - In no way does anything in this post, either explict or implied, refer to anything other than openly carrying a properly holstered firearm in the great state of Louisiana.

Last edited:

Jack House

Absolutely will be joining LOCAL, was just looking at the site yesterday, planned on making donations once I get settled. :D

Thank you for the welcome!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2