• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Waffle House Nationwide No-Carry Policy Now In Effect

FreeInAZ

There is only one even remotely close to me & it's plenty ghetto, so I wouldn't go there prior to this idiotic policy, but rest assured when the family & I are on the road traveling etc... We got their message loud and clear - we will happily take our money to a place that does respect our right to self defense. ;)

Last edited:

Liberty-or-Death

We have it on authority from WH Corp employees that this policy is meant for those who misbehave. Those who don't misbehave are left alone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We have it on authority from WH Corp employees that this policy is meant for those who misbehave. Those who don't misbehave are left alone.

SouthEast Waffles, LLC, doing business as Waffle House, owns and operates restaurants. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Nashville, Tennessee. SouthEast Waffles, LLC operates as a subsidiary of Waffle House, Inc.
446 Metroplex Drive
Suite 210
Nashville, TN 37211-3139

Phone: 615-833-2188

http://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=47768511

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Waffle House waitress fired for shooting in air while robbers flee

http://times-herald.com/news/2016/12/waitress-sacked-for-shot-over-robbers

"A local waitress who fired her gun at three fleeing robbers is now out of a job.

Heather “Shorty” Burkinshaw-Stanley learned Friday by phone that she was terminated from her job at Waffle House a day after the restaurant was robbed.

Three men ate a meal and then, instead of paying, gave the cashier a note warning everyone in the building would be shot if money in the cash register wasn’t handed over to the trio.

After they departed on foot, Stanley retrieved a gun from her own car in the parking lot and fired over the heads of the robbers. ...

...Waffle House is a gun-gree zone at all 1,800 of its restaurants across the country. ..."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Guess who OCs everytime he is in a Waffle House, is a member of the regulars club, and is accepted as dressed.

Times up! Did you win?

davidmcbeth

Banned
At-will employee.

The robbers did not steal HER money.

The company clearly does not care about their money that much.

Even in CT, where you can use force to return stolen property, I don't know if the law would protect this waitress (because its not her property) if it occurred in CT. [assuming that GA law is similar ~ anyone can chime in who knows 4 sure would be appreciated]

----all that mumbo-jumbo out of the way----

The manager made the easy decision to fire her .. other employees are likely too afraid to work with her now.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

In my humble opinion, when the perps were outside and fleeing, while the waitress's actions seem heroic said actions were not very smart.

As David pointed out, she was not defending HER property, were she defending her property there still would be legal ramifications..
Discharging a weapon in public endangers folks and surely and issue could have occurred...

I recall about 3 years pasted in Florida, I believe, that a woman received a 20 year sentence, for firing a warning shot into the ceiling of her home in and effort to scare away her ex husband that she had a RO against, he was in the home an attempting to harm the woman's Daughter..

If I recall she exited the home and retrieved a gun from the garage, than entered the home to assist her daughter, she fired 2 rounds into the ceiling...

I haven't heard much more about her plight, last I heard she was sentenced to 20 years.. I hope the same fate DOES NOT befall the waitress..

My .02
Regards

davidmcbeth

Banned
<snip>, were she defending her property there still would be legal ramifications..
Discharging a weapon in public endangers folks and surely and issue could have occurred...

My .02
Regards

I would agree that discharging a gun in public may have legal issues associated with it. Depending on the state and why it was discharged would likely determine if such ramifications would result in a criminal v. civil proceeding.

ADulay

Guess who OCs everytime he is in a Waffle House, is a member of the regulars club, and is accepted as dressed.

Times up! Did you win?

I have never been questioned or stopped for OC in any of the Waffle Houses I hit all over the country where OC is legal in that state.

Likewise CC in the rest.

I hit the Waffle House at some odd hours and don't think slouching in the corner getting caught up on the Wall Street Journal with a big bowl of chili would be a good idea, unarmed.

AD