• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

war with north korea

Ca Patriot

I take it your avoiding my Vietnam reference.

We saved Iraq, and Afghanistan from dictatorships:rolleyes:

Russia is no longer Communist...we won that 'war' didn't we?

America did save Afghanistan from dictatorships. We helped defeat the Soviets and we helped defeat the Taliban.

I know you were probably rooting for both of them but sorry, they lost and America won.

Communism has been decreased dramatically in the world thanks to America and some strong allies.

Communism only has about 4-6 countries left in the world and which is down significatly from its highs during the 40's and 50's.

America was the driving force behind that.

MamabearCali

There is no reason in the world why we should have to fight this. China has every vested interest in peace. They have a good thing going with us buying their junk. They have a mountain of US debt that they very much do not want to go bust. A war between the US and n. korea would be counter productive to them. He is their brat, let them give him a spanking for his tantrum.

Now if he actually tries something against us I say we carpet bomb the capital. But no more nation building. I do not wish to spend any more American lives or treasure in another bid to free people who have no desire to live under freedom.

eye95

Guys... We've technically been at war with the DPRK since the start of the Korean war... We've never not been at war with them. How can we go to war with a nation, of which we are already at war with, but have not fought because of a cease fire?

Wait...you mean like we were still in a technical state of war with Iraq, under a cease-fire that they were routinely violating, before we resumed hostilities against them? Like that?

EMNofSeattle

Frankly, if South Korea, with all the money and technology and weapons and training we've provided them, is incapable of defending themselves or if US support will make the difference between victory or defeat then I don't think we should help them....

Maybe the US Navy can supply minimal support, a single surface action group centered around an AEGIS cruiser equipped with Standard SM-6 missiles to intercept IRBMs fired from the north and enough frigates and destroyers to protect american flagged merchant vessels or merchantmen bound for the United States is about the only military assets that I think we should be deploying for war against North Korea. but that's it. limited ballistic missile protection (because we were the ones who told SK not to build nukes, so we should assume limited liability for missile protection) and maintaining sea lanes open for trade should be the limit of our involvement, this can be done with all naval forces and limited risk to americans. the ugly stuff on the ground SK can fight for.... in my humble opinion.

ADobbs1989

Frankly, if South Korea, with all the money and technology and weapons and training we've provided them, is incapable of defending themselves or if US support will make the difference between victory or defeat then I don't think we should help them....

Maybe the US Navy can supply minimal support, a single surface action group centered around an AEGIS cruiser equipped with Standard SM-6 missiles to intercept IRBMs fired from the north and enough frigates and destroyers to protect american flagged merchant vessels or merchantmen bound for the United States is about the only military assets that I think we should be deploying for war against North Korea. but that's it. limited ballistic missile protection (because we were the ones who told SK not to build nukes, so we should assume limited liability for missile protection) and maintaining sea lanes open for trade should be the limit of our involvement, this can be done with all naval forces and limited risk to americans. the ugly stuff on the ground SK can fight for.... in my humble opinion.

Depends on who they target. What if their main target is u.s. targets? They frequently attack SK'ean targets, and we don't really do much about it, but if they started directly attacking us, wouldn't that be a good enough reason to flatten the **** out of them?

EMNofSeattle

Depends on who they target. What if their main target is u.s. targets? They frequently attack SK'ean targets, and we don't really do much about it, but if they started directly attacking us, wouldn't that be a good enough reason to flatten the **** out of them?

What capability do they have to attack us? they may be able to hit US bases in Japan, or Guam, or maybe Hawaii, perhaps some minor US Possessions in the pacific, if they do yes we can launch retalitory strikes. however the whole point of the AEGIS group was to stop their missiles in the first place.... and besides retaliation can be done using cruise missiles, drones, and air strikes.

ADobbs1989

What capability do they have to attack us? they may be able to hit US bases in Japan, or Guam, or maybe Hawaii, perhaps some minor US Possessions in the pacific, if they do yes we can launch retalitory strikes. however the whole point of the AEGIS group was to stop their missiles in the first place.... and besides retaliation can be done using cruise missiles, drones, and air strikes.

I would definitely advocate these measures over actually using ground units. The NK'eans could easily be defeated by controlling and utilizing the air space, no need to endanger thousands or tens of thousands of lives when it's in no way necessary.

ADobbs1989

Who bears the moral hazard of drone wars? Who is responsible for the collateral damage? Lt. William Calley screwed up and took the heat. Video-pilots get medals for collateral damage - and PTSD.

We see just how effectively drones win hearts and minds - of the indigenes and of conservative Americans.

Hmmm, maybe there is a correlation of knowledge of responsibility with lack of PTSD, has mush lower incidence in VN Era Vets than from modern vets (video vets?).

I have no problem with using drones against a country that has directly attacked us. Most of the anti-drone sentiment is due to the U.S. using drones to bomb people when the U.S has no business being there. In fact the entire afgan war I disagree with, but NK has directly threatened the U.S. as a country, so if they decide to strike us I see no problem in wiping them out, and I would much rather wipe them out without sending thousands of troops into a war zone to potentially die.

Beretta92FSLady

It's the same as killing all the dumbasses that would dare attack us.

So it's the intent, then, not the end result of the act?

Follow me here: Killing a group off because of their ethnicity, is Ethnic Cleansing; killing a group off, because they are dumb asses who dare attack us, that happen to be a particular ethnic group, is not Ethnic Cleansing.

ADobbs1989

Follow me here: Killing a group off because of their ethnicity, is Ethnic Cleansing; killing a group off, because they are dumb asses who dare attack us, that happen to be a particular ethnic group, is not Ethnic Cleansing.

No one said anything about killing any South Koreans did they? An Ethnic Cleansing would by definition include all of them based on their ethnicity. It's not like they are of different ethnicities, but one group is threatening to nuke America...and the other isn't.

Beretta92FSLady

No one said anything about killing any South Koreans did they? An Ethnic Cleansing would by definition include all of them based on their ethnicity. It's not like they are of different ethnicities, but one group is threatening to nuke America...and the other isn't.

Am I missing something here? My post will stand.

ADobbs1989

Am I missing something here? My post will stand.

Seemed as if you were trying to imply or question that it seemed like ethnic cleansing in your opinion. If that's not the case, then sorry, maybe I'm just misunderstanding the point your making. Feel free to clue me in.

Beretta92FSLady

Seemed as if you were trying to imply or question that it seemed like ethnic cleansing in your opinion. If that's not the case, then sorry, maybe I'm just misunderstanding the point your making. Feel free to clue me in.

You better apologize! LOL, I'm just messing with you, I'm on a role this evening, really feeling the responses this evening

Seriously, it was merely a question I posed.

katsung47

765. How to justify a nuclear attack? (4/1/2013)

There is a lively stage show in Korea Peninsula in recent days. North Korea had its third nuclear test in February. US and South Korea had a military drill in March. US sent B-52 in the drill then showed off with B-2 bombers there. N. Korea upgrades the threat almost everyday. US media is full of the topics such like: “North Korea said it would attack U.S. military bases on Japan and the Pacific island of Guam if provoked.”, “North Korea threatens to 'settle accounts with the US'”, “North Korea says enters "state of war" against South”…… But that war only exists in the mouth not in reality. It is actually a sale’s advertisement. The commodity is the nuclear weapon.

Renewed nuke sale fear after recent NKorea test
By FOSTER KLUG | Associated Press – 3/19/2013

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea's nuclear test last month wasn't just a show of defiance and national pride; it also serves as advertising. The target audience, analysts say, is anyone in the world looking to buy nuclear material.

http://news.yahoo.com/renewed-nuke-sale-fear-recent-nkorea-test-110422435.html

North Korea’s Lesson: Nukes for Sale

By GRAHAM T. ALLISON Jr. Published: February 12

Who could be interested in buying a weapon for several hundred millions of dollars? Iran is currently investing billions of dollars annually in its nuclear quest. While Al Qaeda’s core is greatly diminished and its resources depleted, the man who succeeded Osama bin Laden, Ayman al-Zawahiri, has been seeking nuclear weapons for more than a decade. And then there are Israel’s enemies, including wealthy individuals in some Arab countries, who might buy a bomb for the militant groups Hezbollah or Hamas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/opinion/north-koreas-lesson-nukes-for-sale.html?_r=1&

Bush started Iraq War with a un- existed “WMD”. US won’t make similar mistake again in Iran war. So they directed a puppet show. In this show, N. Korea bangs the drum: “I have nuclear bomb. I’m enemy of the US. My nuke bomb is on sale if you are hostile to US. Come to pick up a bargain.”

So don’t be surprise that US and its Western allies would be attacked by “nuclear terror bombing” next time. Even none “potential customers” attend this “nuke sale booth”, the seller will create one. At that time, the “suicide bomber” could never tell truth. Just like those 911 hijackers, London 7/7/2005 bombers, Madrid bombing perpetrators and Adam Lanza and his mother in Sandy Hook shooting, they were all arranged to be dead. Of course, the Feds could gave you evidence from “damaged hard disc” (in Sandy Hook shooting) and “self claimed Mastermind” confession from Khalid Sheikh Mohammed (911 case).

You can view the two news information I referred as a psychological opinion direction from the Feds- a justification for the coming terror attack.

766. China is a member of fraud gang (4/6/2013)

In this soap opera, N. Korea and US are the main actors playing war game show to the world audience. Another important actor is China. China is the major supporter of North Korea, without its aid, N. Korea couldn’t survive. So when China approved the resolution of U.N. to sanction on N. Korea, it causes big surprise. China used to veto any resolution in U.N. if it is anti the “friendship of China and N. Korea”.

China voted for new North Korea sanctions. Will it enforce them?

By Peter Ford, Staff Writer / March 8, 2013

Beijing-When the UN Security Council imposed new and harsher sanctions on North Korea yesterday to punish it for its most recent nuclear test, one big part of the story was the fact that China had gone along with the resolution.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Glob...h-Korea-sanctions.-Will-it-enforce-them-video

Don’t be blinded by this action of China. It’s only a stage performance – a gimmick to lure Iran to the hook. To show that N. Korea is really helpless. Even its long time ally has abandoned him. So North Korea is eagerly to sell his treasure – the atomic bomb, at a bargain price.

One purpose of sanction is to inspect the cargo shipment by force. If Iran falls into the trap, it will be easy for US to intercept the “evidence”. The inspector could be China if necessary. He joins U.N. sanction. Bush’s “WMD” lie scandal won’t repeat in Obama's regime.

China is a secret collaborator of US. The regime is famous for its corruption. It will do anything – if the bribe is big enough. The Feds is to create big events to distract a framed case. One big event is “terrorist nuke attack”, you have seen my revelation. The other one is a “natural disaster” – a pandemic of bird flu.

CDT COX

Holy ****. You are not a very smart individual.