• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Bus Driver Attacks Armed Photographer for Recording Him in Public

WalkingWolf

Please describe just what it was for which I blamed the camera person.

"Blame the victim" - oh puhleeese! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyone with a modest amount of sense recognizes the accuracy of my previous statement, completely unrelated to whom "the victim" was: The a$$ behind the camera 1) reinforces the negative stereotype of PINAC, and 2) reinforces the negative stereotype of a belligerent OCer.

Now will you describe just what the cameraman did that enraged you so?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Then please explain the reason for your angry post?
"Angry" post? NO. "Disgusted" post? Definitely.

As for the reason I posted, I'm sorry you can't figure it out, but if you can't, there's nothing I can say which will bring clarity to the matter for you.

Dave_pro2a

As for the reason I posted, I'm sorry you can't figure it out, but if you can't, there's nothing I can say which will bring clarity to the matter for you.

Anyone with a modest amount of sense recognizes the accuracy of my previous statement, completely unrelated to whom "the victim" was: The a$$ behind the camera 1) reinforces the negative stereotype of PINAC, and 2) reinforces the negative stereotype of a belligerent OCer.

"Anyone with a modest amount of common sense" = means anyone who doesn't see it your way has zero common sense.

Name calling, insults.

Naw, you aren't like a battle ship blowing off all her guns at one time. Nope, not at all. No anger. Zip. Zero.

What was that?!

WalkingWolf

Well then you should try to amend your communications skills, because I believe you posted in anger. Maybe it is jealousy instead of anger though...

It is not my clarity that is the problem, it is your lack of coherency on this matter.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

"Anyone with a modest amount of common sense" = means anyone who doesn't see it your way has zero common sense.

Name calling, insults.

Naw, you aren't like a battle ship blowing off all her guns at one time. Nope, not at all. No anger. Zip. Zero.

What was that?!

He has yet to explain what exactly the cameraman did to deserve his "disgust".

rightwinglibertarian

Well this descended into a playground. Sorry I don't have suckers for any of you

Look, the fact is a man was assaulted on a bus for exercising his rights. And instead of rallying together and demonstrating against this crime, y'all are bickering

Freedom1Man

Well this descended into a playground. Sorry I don't have suckers for any of you

Look, the fact is a man was assaulted on a bus for exercising his rights. And instead of rallying together and demonstrating against this crime, y'all are bickering
Not on the bus from the video, but at a bus station.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

decklin

So agree with what I say or I'll maim you. Is that the gist of it then? 'Cause that is the impression you're leaving.

mnrobitaille

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

1) why oh WHY are people stupid enough to get aggressive with an armed person? Police, Security, Bus drivers, as soon as a gun in involved they lose all sense, forgetting they could easily get killed.

Thats easily grounds to draw and fire right there. Immediate threat of serious injury. Not to mention the possibility of an aggressive man like the driver trying to take the gun. I certainly hope it wasnt a member of OCDO

2) He was banned from the busses and even the bus stops. Correct me if i'm wrong but this OCer showed huge restraint in not firing his weapon in an assault. I know smoking pot is legal here but you've got to be smoking a lot more than that to get things this wrong :banghead:

After reading the article & watching the video closely, both the transit employee & the supervisor were in the wrong as they did not respond to the repeated requests for their names & were hostile in their responses. The employee that committed the assault should have been charged with a minimum of 3rd degree assault. The spit take by the photographer was a knee jerk reaction to the actions of the employee coming towards him & was not intentional. The employee instigated the incident, while the photographer was trying to de-escalate the situation by trying to stay away from the employee.

He has the evidence of the assault taking placing & should file charges against the employee for the assault as well as potential lawsuit for damage of private property & any medical expenses incurred. He should also take Pierce Transit to court for unlawful trespass as it was an employee's actions that caused him to get the trespass, not his own.

KBCraig

The spit take by the photographer was a knee jerk reaction to the actions of the employee coming towards him & was not intentional.

Alleged spit, alleged by the clear instigator who first issued threats, then charged.

The videographer was so busy talking, I don't think he could have possibly drawn breath and spit.

Freedom1Man

I watched the whole sickening tape from beginning to end.

Though they're not all like it, this one is yet another example of an a$$ with a camera - and a OCed gun?

The a$$ behind the camera 1) reinforces the negative stereotype of PINAC, and 2) reinforces the negative stereotype of a belligerent OCer. :banghead:

Just plain stupid all around.
Here is where you are blaming the victim. He was not there to harass, talk with, talk too, or even record anyone person, he was there to record an experience. Also to record all of the pigeons and why they were congregating at the bus station.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

zaitz

Banned
Some say that the photographer was an ass and deserved what he got. I say that regardless of what the photographer said or did, his actions were still legal, period. The Pierce Transit employee however, was completely in the wrong and in violation of the law. Personally, I don't see a single thing wrong with what the photographer said or did. The Pierce Transit employee instigated the issue from the very first moment when he threatened the photographer with assault. At the point when he charged the photographer, he started the assault on the photographer.

before he charged him, the fellow threatened him with words such as stop photographing or I will lay you low or stop photographing or I will beat you up or whatever it was.

That in itself is a crime.

That is the crime of making threats.

zaitz

Banned
https://photographyisnotacrime.com/...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

1) why oh WHY are people stupid enough to get aggressive with an armed person? Police, Security, Bus drivers, as soon as a gun in involved they lose all sense, forgetting they could easily get killed.

Thats easily grounds to draw and fire right there. Immediate threat of serious injury. Not to mention the possibility of an aggressive man like the driver trying to take the gun. I certainly hope it wasnt a member of OCDO

2) He was banned from the busses and even the bus stops. Correct me if i'm wrong but this OCer showed huge restraint in not firing his weapon in an assault. I know smoking pot is legal here but you've got to be smoking a lot more than that to get things this wrong :banghead:

In case it helps others to know, Washington state is a stand-your-ground state by court ruling. A person does not have the duty to retreat from a place where he has the legal right to be.

Although handguns are obviously the open or concealed carry weapon of choice for you, there are uses in being armed with nonlethal measures such as pepper spray. Pepper spray may serve as a deterrent or protective agent when a person does not wish to draw their handgun, as happened in this exact case.

zaitz

Banned

To Shimek

Also,

about the trespass order,

I think you would be able to sue Pierce county transit for violation of your first amendment rights.

You were taking some video peacefully when you were confronted and threatened by Pierce transit employees.

Your conduct was 1st amendment protected; they are calling 1st amendment protected conduct actions that are provoking a disturbance or whatever it was . . .

They can't prohibit your conduct on that basis. The only disturbance that there was as a result of the conduct was one that the transit employees themselves chose to create and initiated.

Have you thought of suing them?

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Here is where you are blaming the victim. ...
<SIGH> Okay, let's try this again...

Regardless of whether or not one considers the cameraman "the victim", I did not blame anyone for the fisticuffs. I said: 1) the cameraman was an a$$, and 2) by his actions he reinforces negative stereotypes.

I stand behind my previous statements.

ARADCOM

<SIGH> Okay, let's try this again...

Regardless of whether or not one considers the cameraman "the victim", I did not blame anyone for the fisticuffs. I said: 1) the cameraman was an a$$, and 2) by his actions he reinforces negative stereotypes.

I stand behind my previous statements.

That's pretty much right in my view.